• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Gun show OC?

MyGlockinIdaho

imported post

I heard there was a gun show going on this weekend at the Latah county fair grounds(Moscow,ID), anyone know if this is true? And if so do you see a lot people OC there? To be honest this would be my first gun show.

Vandal

imported post

At the gun shows I have been to they don't typically allow carry. It is a privately hosted event on county grounds rented to a show so they are able to regulate carry.

ISRAEL

imported post

Here in Boise when we enter the show, we give the gun to somebody at the counter and they check if the gun is loaded or not, if is loaded they take the bullets of the gun and put them in a plastic bag whith your name on it and put a plastic string (or nylon) inside the barrel of the gun then you can O.C. that way, when you leave the show , they give you back the bullets, and outside the building you can cut the string and O.C. , I hope this helps, this is the way is done here, Keep O.C. Your vaquero amigo Israel.

IndianaBoy79

imported post

Generally speaking, they don't allow it. As stated earlier, it is on county property, but the property is being leased to a private company for a private event. Treat them like you would any other private business. (I choose to conceal and not tell anyone when I know a business doesn't allow it and I still need to go there)

The difference between this and the county fair is who is running it. If the county is hosting an event, it is "government" sponsored so they must follow the preemption law. If the land is being leased out to a private party, it is technically THEIR property now for the term of their lease.

Just a side note: I think this could be challenged. In real estate law, you have a "bundle of rights" attached to your land. You can sell/rent all or part of these rights. (think oil rights, or how an apartment complex often has stipulations limiting what you can do with your property). Since the local government owns the land and can't regulate firearms, I would argue that they can't "lease" the right to regulate firearms on that land to someone else. I believe you and I as citizens still hold a legitimate interest in the property that can't/shouldn't be rented or sold to someone else. Long winded, I know, real estate law gets complicated.

That being said, even if this was clearly recognized by the courts, I think they still might be able to ask you to leave because like any private business, I can ask you to leave cause I just don't like you.

Gizmoe142

imported post

I could be wrong but it almost seems like I read in the FFL book that for gun shows, all loaded firearms whether OC or CC are prohibited but i could be wrong.
And if I remember right, you cannot have loaded magazines either. And all guns have to have a zip tie or lock on them.

I will have to do some looking now to see which section it is in. I think it is somewhere in here but I am not possitive
Title 18, Section 922 of the US Code
(http://usgovinfo.about.com/gi/dynam.../www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/18/922.text.html)