• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VCDL Meeting in Annandale - US & International press attending!

nova

imported post

[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Meeting Schedule:
[/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font][align=left]
  • [font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][*] 7:30 - 8:00 pm -- Informal Gathering [*] 8:00 - 9:30 pm -- Meeting [*] 9:30 - ?:?? pm -- Informal Gathering at a Local Restaurant [/font]
[/align]

[align=left][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"]Mason District Governmental Center [/font][/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] 6507 Columbia Pike [/font][/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] Annandale, VA 22003[/font][/font]
[font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"][font="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"] [/font][/font]
[/align][align=center]

[/align][align=left]
[/align]I'm not sure if I'll be able to make the pre-meeting meeting at the usual time, depends on how early I get out of the "GFZ" and rearm.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

What with the price of gas lately I may not be able to afford the drive up. I'll have to wait for the local meeting.

stay safe.

skidmark

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

FROM Today's VCDL ALERT:

--

2. VCDL membership meeting this Thursday

VCDL will have its monthly membership meeting at the Mason Government
Center in Annandale on Thursday, March 18th.

The meeting is open to the public, so bring friends, family and
coworkers! The meeting starts at 8 PM. Fellowship begins at 7:30 PM.

Afterwards we will adjourn and head to a local restaurant for
continued fellowship. Open carry at the restaurant will be required
for those choosing to carry, as the restaurant serves alcohol.
(Starting on July 1, assuming the Governor signs SB 334, it will be up
to you as to how you wish to carry at the restaurant!)

***We are expecting to have the media attending this meeting.***

Directions can be found on our meeting page:

http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html

See you there!

nova

imported post

Mike wrote:
FROM Today's CDL ALERT:

--

2. VCDL membership meeting this Thursday

VCDL will have its monthly membership meeting at the Mason Government
Center in Annandale on Thursday, March 18th.

The meeting is open to the public, so bring friends, family and
coworkers! The meeting starts at 8 PM. Fellowship begins at 7:30 PM.

Afterwards we will adjourn and head to a local restaurant for
continued fellowship. Open carry at the restaurant will be required
for those choosing to carry, as the restaurant serves alcohol.
(Starting on July 1, assuming the Governor signs SB 334, it will be up
to you as to how you wish to carry at the restaurant!)

***We are expecting to have the media attending this meeting.***

Directions can be found on our meeting page:

http://www.vcdl.org/meetings.html

See you there!
Thanks for the heads up. I'll go ahead and swap in my replacement G23 barrel so my gun's real S/N isn't plastered all over the TV when they 'sneak' behind me to do a close-up shot of my gun :lol:

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

We need lots of smiling logical family member friendly open carriers and concealed carriers to attend and put their best foot and sidearm forward - and no more angry white guys!

nova

imported post

Mike wrote:
We need lots of smiling logical family member friendly open carriers and concealed carriers to attend and put their best foot and sidearm forward - and no more angry white guys!
or plumbers cracks! :lol::banghead:

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:

Just who are you calling an "angry white guy"? Or more to the point, what specific behaviors or statements have pissed you off/made you feel they hurt "the movement"?

While there might be some folks carrying concealed at the meeting, they will not be able to do so at the restaurant afterwards. And why, as one of the "heads" of a group/body dedicated to the advancement of Open Carry, are you calling for folks to carry concealed?

I'm changing my mind - hang the expense, I'll see you folks at the pre-meeting meeting before the meeting.

stay safe.

skidmark

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Mike wrote:
skidmark wrote:
Just who are you calling an "angry white guy"?
Just a generalized battle cry.

So - can I take it that you were really asking if it might be possible to see more families and single females attend, instead of the "usual" crowd of mostly males of all ages, occupations and persuasions? In other words, you, like any good PR manager, would like to stack the deck in our favor so that any film gives the appearance that we do in fact represent more than just a bunch of testosterone-laden yahoos?

Or have I again missed the point?

stay safe.

skidmark

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

hunter45 wrote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but firearms are mostly likely to be owned by white males.
Maybe, but we are making incredible headway by making open carry frankly "disarming" by having family friendly carry events and daily life carry and by folks increasingly of vsarious backgrounds - its working like drano!

Open carriers tend to get it - make nice calm logical comments in a laconical fashion - those conceal carry only uptight people tend to still speak like they are angry and nercous - that oldschool "from my cold dead hands" style has no value at this point and hurts us

67GT390FB

imported post

Mike wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
I hate to burst your bubble, but firearms are mostly likely to be owned by white males.
Maybe, but we are making incredible headway by making open carry frankly "disarming" by having family friendly carry events and daily life carry and by folks increasingly of vsarious backgrounds - its working like drano!

Open carriers tend to get it - make nice calm logical comments in a laconical fashion - those conceal carry only uptight people tend to still speak like they are angry and nercous - that oldschool "from my cold dead hands" style has no value at this point and hurts us
so are you saying that since the "oldschool "from my cold dead hands" style has no value at this point and hurts us" we should accept "reasonable restrictions" on our gun rights because otherwise the media won't like us? or are you saying to simply clean up and act nice in front of the cameras? please clarify, thanks.

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

nemo wrote:
skidmark wrote:
I'll see you folks at the pre-meeting meeting before the meeting.

Yes, the previously souper-seekret site.

I don't care what names you call it, Miss,just a large coffee, thank you very much.

stay safe.

skidmark