• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am creating a Spreadsheet with discounts for VCDL members...

skidmark

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Sent this to Ed for his spreadsheet, but wanted you all to see it also.

Charlie Stanton, owner of "EmbroidMe" in Carytown (Richmond)www.embroidme-carytown.comtold me today that he will offer a 5% discount to anybody showing him a VCDL membership card.

I went in looking to get a custom embroidery job done after the only other place near me shafted me on the job. Charlie seems to be a nice guy and his shop looks like it can handle just about any job. He gave me a decent discount based on the fact that I ordered some other embroidery stuff and gave him a few ideas for expanding his customer base. Remember to check out my hat the next time you see me (after 3/29).

Anyhow, you can reach him at info@embroidme-carytown.com or 804-254-3893 to confirm the offer. 5% off on sewing on a patch or two might be worth the trip for those, like me, who don't have sewing machines or female aquaintences with sewing machines. He charges for custom embroidering a hat run about $15 - $17 depending on the specific hat & the amount of embroidery.

stay safe.

skidmark

Nelson_Muntz

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Ed, you are phenomenal. thanks so much for all you do. I have your spreadsheet page "shortcutted" on my desktop. It's growing great whenever I look at it and there are several businesses on there I can either use immediately, or very soon. Glad to see many of our forum members represented on it too. You will have my business.

But which should I go by, the spreadsheet or the vcdl discounts page?are they both kept just as up to date?

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

Nelson_Muntz wrote:
Ed, you are phenomenal. thanks so much for all you do. I have your spreadsheet page "shortcutted" on my desktop. It's growing great whenever I look at it and there are several businesses on there I can either use immediately, or very soon. Glad to see many of our forum members represented on it too. You will have my business.

But which should I go by, the spreadsheet or the vcdl discounts page?are they both kept just as up to date?
Awww shucks... thanks for the kind feedback. The spreadhseet was just a building tool I needed to "put things" until the site was live. Now http://vcdldiscounts.org should also take you to the live site. If it does not, it will after Al Gore's Internet DNS servers propogate.

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
As far as milking the cow, maybe somebody in VCDL leadership could find something value-added that comes with paid dues other than:

2. The woefully out of date newsletter that pretty much wraps up what comes in the email alerts anyway. Yes I understand some people don't have a computer or email.
We have many members that do not have a computer. The Defender is their only link.

TFred

imported post

ed wrote:
A bunch more places joined the discount page! is your favorite gun friendly site on the discounts list? They can be! Tell them to visit the discounts page and then e-mail discounts@vcdl.org

Ed
Wow, you've got enough places on there that it may be worthwhile to put in some sort of an index to the categories with anchors so you don't have to scroll down through them all.

TFred

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think the discount site is a great addition to VCDL. Personally I would pay $50 for my membership. When I think of everything VCDL does $25 doesn't seem like too much, the group's efforts are worth much more than that. On another note I just got some magnets from you Ed and I just wanted to let you know they are top-notch.

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
imported post

thebigsd wrote:
I think the discount site is a great addition to VCDL. Personally I would pay $50 for my membership. When I think of everything VCDL does $25 doesn't seem like too much, the group's efforts are worth much more than that. On another note I just got some magnets from you Ed and I just wanted to let you know they are top-notch.
Both VCDL & the VCDL PAC take donations ;)

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

thebigsd wrote:
I just got some magnets from you Ed and I just wanted to let you know they are top-notch.

Thanks. I could have gotten them cheaper, but I wanted them to last and for the printing on them to be great. All that made them a little more expensive. I get lot's of good feedback and am even seeing them on the roads as I travel. :)

http://www.edsmags.com