• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open carry while concealed carrying

MichaelWDean

imported post

Just got a new gun, Ruger GP-100. six-shot .six-inch barrel .357 magnum hawg leg. I LOVE THIS GUN! Accurate and powerful as hell, quick to reload with speedloaders, and doubles as a club if you run out of ammo. lol!

I moved to Wyoming from People's Republik of California so I could get a CCW, then open carried for seven months until I could get the government permission slip, now sometimes open carry, sometimes conceal. (In occasions where I cannot easily open carry.)

Only problem is that this hawg leg is so long that even concealed, the bottom inch of the holster sticks out below a long shirt (and I'm not going to wear a mu mu!). But that's not really a problem in Wyoming. Kinda funny though.

Michael W. Dean

HogLeg18a1.jpg

Hawgleeg-027.jpg

Hawgleeg-024.jpg

MichaelWDean

imported post

I like the grips.

I got a HiViz low-light front site for it though. Helps a lot.

357vs9mm-016.jpg

I switched from the orange lite pipe to the green, seems to work a little better.

It sure would help if those things came with instructions, but I did figure it out. Took a while though.

MWD

heliopolissolutions

imported post

You don't like shoulder holsters do you?

Crossdraw may take the cowboy out of it, but damn if they aren't comfortable.

mel5051

imported post

Now that is one good looking wheel gun!

You're in the West where carrying is accepted. Get a good western holster for it and a good gambler's Jacket ;-) like on the old Maverick tv show.

And you can hum 'have gun will travel' as you stroll down the sidewalk :celebrate

MichaelWDean

imported post

Felid`Maximus wrote:
That cat may look condition white but appearance can be deceiving. Those ears are very sensitive instruments.
Yes. Peanut could easily be seconds away from attacking.

Cats are great for any warrior to study. Any cat can teach you advanced techniques in camouflage, barricading, lying in wait, flight or fight, night vision, combat.....

...and how, when and where to most effectively bury evidence!

And even their love offerings (leaving decapitated mammals on your doorstep) are psychologically pretty creepy.

MWD

eye95

imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:
eye95 wrote:
I was openly carrying my cat the other day, when this animal control officer...
In my state, you have to open carry them. It's illegal to carry a concealed dangerous animal or vehicle.

MWD
In California, they have to be declawed.

MamaLiberty

imported post

Hmmm, I want to watch you actually draw that thing and fire it in 1.5 seconds. LOL

And we did not cover concealed dangerous animals in class. Maybe I need to add that? :p