• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Birmingham Starbucks

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Tim and I just returned from Starbucks in Birmingham, and we had a good meeting. We both OC'ed, got coffee and sat around talking open carry stuff for about an hour and a half, inside the store and out. Had no negative encounters, and a Birmingham Police Officer actually walked right by us into the store, got coffee, and then left without a word. He probably didn't notice we were carrying, but ...maybe he did. We met a very nice couple down from Canada, and they were gun owners too. We lamented their recent long gun registry problems, and I suggested they visit Hoover Tactical Firearms while in town.

TOTAL NON-ISSUE.

Good times.

I'm thinking of making this a weekly thing. Starbucks Sundays anyone?

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

It can't be too big though, as I don't want to cause crowding problems for Starbucks, but maybe 3-7 people would be about right.

Just reply if you are interested.

In case you didn't catch that, we OC'ED in downtown Birmingham, and nothing was said. So it is relatively safe from harrassment I think, especially if any of you want to come and CC with us.

We need more face to face interaction. Time to get out from behind the keyboards ya'll!

:lol:

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

Yeah, that was interesting. I never even saw the officer which was surprising to me as I usually am very aware of my surroundings.

We didn't have any problems and I think a few people more people would be nice on the weekends. I agree we don't need to overcrowd Starbucks but a few people out exercising rights and enjoying conversation sounds great. I'll sure be there next weekend if anyone wants to join.

I think a few people every weekend should OC to different cities or areas instead of the same place every time. You know, keep it fresh.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

From the home of Starbucks, I say.....Great Job! Enjoy some of us here in the Seattle Area.

IMG_0163.jpg

IMG_0162.jpg

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

If anyone wants to try out OC'ing in a group, Tim and I will once again be having some Starbucks on Sunday at noon. That's the Five Points South Starbucks in Birmingham at 12 noon this Sunday. We will be open carrying and we need to get some pictures this time to share with our friends up there in Seattle! :)

This is now a weekly thing, so come on out for Starbucks Sundays. Also, I got a voice recorder today so we will be covered on audio.

This is NOT a demonstration. Just some guys havin a cup of joe.

Monkeytown

imported post

Great job guys...I hate I missed it.

For anyone reading this that is in the Montgomery/Millbrook/Wetumpka/Prattville area that would like to meet up and get some Starbuck's please PM me. I'd like to start a group of our own down here in the Monkeytown area.

Shaun

David S.

imported post

I sent you two PMs about meeting you guys at Starbucks but also wanted to post this here. I sent you both ( Jonathon and Tim ) my contact info if you could get in touch that would be awesome thank you.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Hollowpoint38, David S., and myself had a good OC meetup today at Starbucks Sundays. Anybody on here from the Bham area is welcome, OC/CC/No C. Every Sunday at the 5 Points South Starbucks. High Noon.

Hey Dothan crew, we should hook up sometime for some OC'in. How's Fridays?

Kirbinator

imported post

Oh the irony of the city of Birmingham....

The jail that held Martin Luther King was in Southside, around Five Points if I'm not mistaken. And last year Langford wouldn't allow the Pride People to have a march in Five Points... now we're drinking coffee, supporting the 2nd... in the same place....

Civil rights and Birmingham seem to go together like Interstate 65 and Highway 31.

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

Had twofresh facesat Starbucks Sundays today, Kirbinator and McDonalk. Welcome, guys.

As usual, OC'ing was not an issue, and good times were had by all.

If you're in the Bham area, come on by, OC/CC/No-C. Sundays at Noon. 5 Points South Starbucks.

Hollowpoint38

imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
Had twofresh facesat Starbucks Sundays today, Kirbinator and McDonalk. Welcome, guys.

As usual, OC'ing was not an issue, and good times were had by all.

If you're in the Bham area, come on by, OC/CC/No-C. Sundays at Noon. 5 Points South Starbucks.
Yeah, it sucks I couldn't be there, I had a tube in my lung for 15 straight hours. I'll be there next Sunday and hop to see a few new peeps there! We're growing strong!

Brimstone Baritone

imported post

Are you home already? You're a freaking workhorse! Glad to see you're feeling better, though.

Thanks again for all that you did to make the first (and certainly not last) OC blood drive a success! It wouldn't have happened without you. :)

Hollowpoint38

imported post

mcdonalk wrote:
Are you home already? You're a freaking workhorse! Glad to see you're feeling better, though.

Thanks again for all that you did to make the first (and certainly not last) OC blood drive a success! It wouldn't have happened without you. :)

Thank you! I appreciate it. I'm home, but not supposed to move for 30 days. I got 4 CCs of morphine (after my surgery) every 4 hours and STILL felt all the pain. It just calmed me down. I also got a 2ND degree sun burn covering my head from the blood drive. I can barely talk, breathe, move, etc. It sucks. No Open Carry for a little while. I'll be stuck in the house!

Anyway, like Jonathon said, we need to go ahead and plan our next get together.