• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Don't like your state gun laws? MOVE!

MichaelWDean

imported post

I was going to post this as a reply to the thread about the California politician wanting to ban open carry of unloaded guns. But thought it would be a hijack there, so I'm starting a new thread.

Open carry of an unloaded gun is a nice gesture, but "an unloaded gun is a rock." Carrying an unloaded gun is having the "right" without the reason people carry a gun. (i.e. self-defense.)

Political action for gun rights in California may make tiny inroads, but it's like banging one's head against the wall.

Got your serial-numbered bullets yet?

I lived in California for decades. Got out and moved to Wyoming because California is becoming a communist country, fast.

Whenever I mention this, people say "Well, that's nice for you, but I have (family, job, house, etc.) keeping me here."

My moving wasn't just throwing some clothes in a backpack and jumping on a Greyhound. It was the biggest move I've ever made.

First I had to convince my wife (that wasn't easy, but she LOVES Wyoming now and can't believe she ever lived in California). We had to put the house up for sale there, find a house here, find jobs here, hire a moving van, drive it, get settled here. It cost a lot of money and it was a LOT of work, but first I just had to get over the thought that things were "keeping" us there.

Money goes farther here too. There's no state income tax, sales tax is low, and everything's less expensive.

If you value liberty, GET OUT OF THAT PLACE! California really is horrible. Not just for loss of rights, but the economy is only going to get worse, and crime is only going to go up.

While California's politicians are trying to outlaw open carry of unloaded guns, Wyoming's state legislature just passed a law that will allow arresting federal officers who interfere with in-state gun manufacture and sales. Our Governor says he's likely to sign it into law. And he's a Democrat.

There are a few other states worth living in. They mostly border Wyoming.

Respectfully,
Michael W. Dean
http://www.libertarianpunk.com

Fun video of me and the wife shooting a gun you cannot legally own in California. Shooting it on public land, not at a pay-money-and-sign-a-release-form range populated by gangbangers like where we shot in California.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GD8llBPxhc

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Those who stay and introduce people to shooting are doing the whole country a service. The Appleseed program is strong in California. There are many AR15 platform rifles which are not on the ban list. The way to get the California laws overturned is to change the minds of the rest of the resident s to support it

cscitney87

imported post

Mike I moved from Detroit, Michigan to Colorado. Big difference for me too. I feel your sentiment and I understand where you're coming from. Detroit was just not working out for me. I always URGE and sometimes Beg my friends in Detroit to come to Colorado and experience true Freedom. I get the same excuses you do... Job, Girlfriend, Family, familiarity, house, etc. Their safety, happiness, and sanity are not comparable.. but they don't get a lick of that feeling. Not even a taste. Lots of people that come out here for a week or two, specially from compacted cities- end up moving out here.

When I first got here I lived in the boonies. Desolate mountain terrain... I watch your video clips and yup that's the best feeling ever isn't it? Popping off a few rounds for breakfast.. a few for lunch.. a few for dinner.. your neighbors none the wiser.

TatankaGap

imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:
I moved away from Cali to Wyoming's neighbor to the East ~ very glad I did. Easy to understand gun laws that you don't need a lawyer to interpret and very low crime rate (5th lowest in the US) -

If you're ever over through Newcastle to Custer and wanna come to our range in Buffalo Gap, lemme know - :celebrate

MichaelWDean

imported post

Interceptor_Knight wrote:
Those who stay and introduce people to shooting are doing the whole country a service. The Appleseed program is strong in California.
Well, there is that.

Me and the wife took a class from some Appleseed teachers in SoCal, Cindy and Richard. Great folks.

MWD

MichaelWDean

imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:
Those who stay and introduce people to shooting are doing the whole country a service. The Appleseed program is strong in California.
Well, there is that.

Me and the wife took a class from some Appleseed teachers in SoCal, Cindy and Richard. Great folks.

MWD
Thank you! Will keep that in mind.

MWD

XD40coyote

imported post

Not everyone can move right now. In case you haven't noticed, alot of folks have been layed off work, had their houses forclosed upon. Not easy to try and find a job in the perfect gun friendly state right now. I guess if you are disabled and get SSI, you can live in any state since SSI is federal monies. But even that isn't alot of money. And if the disability is something like depression, then you'd get some heckling around these forums.

An alternative would be open carry communes/homesteading. LOL

Pick different gun friendly states and establish such in rural areas. We all pitch in and build dwellings from straw and used tires, use solar or other alternative powers and be off the grid, and farm for all our food needs. Hunting, trapping, and gathering can also be utilized. For some income to buy guns and whatnot we can sell crafts and art. Who wants to be a gun hippy? woohoo

MichaelWDean

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Not everyone can move right now. In case you haven't noticed, alot of folks have been layed off work, had their houses forclosed upon. Not easy to try and find a job in the perfect gun friendly state right now. I guess if you are disabled and get SSI, you can live in any state since SSI is federal monies. But even that isn't alot of money. And if the disability is something like depression, then you'd get some heckling around these forums.

An alternative would be open carry communes/homesteading. LOL

Pick different gun friendly states and establish such in rural areas. We all pitch in and build dwellings from straw and used tires, use solar or other alternative powers and be off the grid, and farm for all our food needs. Hunting, trapping, and gathering can also be utilized. For some income to buy guns and whatnot we can sell crafts and art. Who wants to be a gun hippy? woohoo
Yeah, I know, not everyone can do it. I am more yelling at me in the past for not moving sooner than I am yelling at anyone else for not moving today.

But I didn't think I could do it, when I brought it up to my wife, she said "maybe in ten or 15 years", and I thought that true too. 11 months later, we lived here.

I guess someone didn't take my post the right way, here's a new comment on the YouTube video I posted the link for:

StarKnightGoku You post like an as$h0!e on OCDO, so I'm betting you are one.

I replied:

as$h0!e How? I'm just perky with life!

MWD

cscitney87

imported post

I know people can't move but it's also the point that you'll never get ahead if you stay put. For example, if your unemployment rate is 14% now, you have no job and "cannot move" because of a Foreclosure... well you CERTAINLY won't find better results in the same area as unemployment climbs 15%, 16%, 17%, etc. For inner city California- this is a prime example.

The whole point is- sometimes you Have To leave just to stay alive. I literally would have starved to death if I had stayed in Detroit... Literally!

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:
I was going to post this as a reply to the thread about the California politician wanting to ban open carry of unloaded guns. But thought it would be a hijack there, so I'm starting a new thread.

Open carry of an unloaded gun is a nice gesture, but "an unloaded gun is a rock." Carrying an unloaded gun is having the "right" without the reason people carry a gun. (i.e. self-defense.)

Political action for gun rights in California may make tiny inroads, but it's like banging one's head against the wall.

Got your serial-numbered bullets yet?

I lived in California for decades. Got out and moved to Wyoming because California is becoming a communist country, fast.

Whenever I mention this, people say "Well, that's nice for you, but I have (family, job, house, etc.) keeping me here."

My moving wasn't just throwing some clothes in a backpack and jumping on a Greyhound. It was the biggest move I've ever made.

First I had to convince my wife (that wasn't easy, but she LOVES Wyoming now and can't believe she ever lived in California). We had to put the house up for sale there, find a house here, find jobs here, hire a moving van, drive it, get settled here. It cost a lot of money and it was a LOT of work, but first I just had to get over the thought that things were "keeping" us there.

Money goes farther here too. There's no state income tax, sales tax is low, and everything's less expensive.

If you value liberty, GET OUT OF THAT PLACE! California really is horrible. Not just for loss of rights, but the economy is only going to get worse, and crime is only going to go up.

While California's politicians are trying to outlaw open carry of unloaded guns, Wyoming's state legislature just passed a law that will allow arresting federal officers who interfere with in-state gun manufacture and sales. Our Governor says he's likely to sign it into law. And he's a Democrat.

Respectfully,
Michael W. Dean
http://www.libertarianpunk.com

Fun video of me and the wife shooting a gun you cannot legally own in California. Shooting it on public land, not at a pay-money-and-sign-a-release-form range populated by gangbangers like where we shot in California.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GD8llBPxhc
Good for you! Freedom is indeed worth it.

As for arresting federal officers, if I'm not mistaken, any sheriff can do this to any federal agent, officer, or whatever - including the president.

cscitney87

imported post

Here's the source. http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread551412/pg1

State plan fines FEDS $2,000 over gun rules
www.wnd.com
snippet.png

Wyoming has joined a growing list of states with self-declared exemptions from federal gun regulation of weapons made, bought and used inside state borders – but lawmakers in the Cowboy State have taken the issue one step further, adopting significant penalties for federal agents attempting to enforce Washington's rules...

...a felony conviction and a penalty of up to two years in prison and up to $2,000 in fines.

cscitney87

imported post

But Wyoming's law goes further, stating, "Any official, agent or employee of the United States government who enforces or attempts to enforce any act, order, law, statute, rule or regulation of the United States government upon a personal firearm, a firearm accessory or ammunition that is manufactured commercially or privately in Wyoming and that remains exclusively within the borders of Wyoming shall be guilty of a felony and, upon conviction, shall be subject to imprisonment for not more than two (2) years, a fine of not more than two thousand dollars ($2,000.00), or both."

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

MichaelWDean wrote:
Well, there is that.

MWD
That would be Johnnyappleseed and SavageShootr from the Appleseed boards. Definitely good people whom I have had the pleasure of meeting in person and communicate with on a regular basis.

Huck

imported post

Welcome to Wyoming Michael! I moved here from the golden shower state 4 years ago and dont regret it in the least. I'm still trying to get my parents, brother, amd nephews out of that looney bin.

Interceptor, as long as the majority of the people in Kalifornistan are the moonbats infesting the San Francisco bay and the greater L.A.areas and continue to dominate the rest of the state,nothing's going to change for the betterin that cesspool.

AbNo

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
Strangely compelling. I'll bring my electronics books.