Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: CA vs AZ - Rattle the bee's nest and stuff it down my pants?

  1. #1
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    I really am not trying to stir up a mess... I know there is a bit of bad blood between some AZ OCers and the Cali OCers.

    I want to know:

    60 Cali OCers had a 'march' as described by a hate-mongering Gay Elected Official of some kind.

    Are there even 60 people, total, who OC in AZ? It's not a contest, it just seems that Cali OCers have a lot more going on. Talk about Irony...
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    542

    Post imported post

    Dude what are you talking about?!!?!

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    316

    Post imported post

    Cali is welcome to be as active as they want, good for them.

    Personally, I'd be doing the same thing they are if I didn't have the option to leave that state either. Hell, I almost took my gun with me toCali on a recent business trip with the intention of ULOCing it. A victory is a victory right?

    In the meantime, I'll enjoy ACTUALLY oc-ing in AZ where my gun is loaded =)

    Also, I'll 2nd the wtf-are-you-talking-about thing.


  4. #4
    Regular Member TOF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Happy Jack, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    443

    Post imported post

    How to stir up a mess where none exists. This type post needs to be simply ignored which I will now do.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

  5. #5
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    ixtow wrote:
    I really am not trying to stir up a mess... I know there is a bit of bad blood between some AZ OCers and the Cali OCers.

    I want to know:

    60 Cali OCers had a 'march' as described by a hate-mongering Gay Elected Official of some kind.

    Are there even 60 people, total, who OC in AZ? It's not a contest, it just seems that Cali OCers have a lot more going on. Talk about Irony...
    There's no need to be 'theatrically demonstrative' about bearing arms in Arizona. None. 'Never has been. 'Pretty much the reason I'm not fond of some of these 'long gun' parties that some have suggested. We can do that... why poke fingers in their eyes by doing it in numbers?If you notice the CA OC forum... they all sound like lawyers. I s'pose they have to be to keep from being hassled by the 'man'. They also are pretty much resticted to ULOC... whatever good that is. No revolvers. I don't care how good you are... a speed loader ain't gonna cut it in a 'situation'.

    We (who've been here any length of time) consider being armed just part of gettin' dressed. You just 'do it'. There's no reason to show off... 'n it's hardly a novelty. I carry in the house... Home invasions are a real possibility.I'm out in the cholla (boonies). I gotta fend for myself... as do many of us.Sorry to say...I find most Californians ratherwierd. It's a differnt culture. Unfortunately they seem to try to export what screws them up when they move here.

  6. #6
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    heliopolissolutions wrote:
    Dude what are you talking about?!!?!
    Was I unclear?
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  7. #7
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    I really am not trying to stir up a mess... I know there is a bit of bad blood between some AZ OCers and the Cali OCers.

    I want to know:

    60 Cali OCers had a 'march' as described by a hate-mongering Gay Elected Official of some kind.

    Are there even 60 people, total, who OC in AZ? It's not a contest, it just seems that Cali OCers have a lot more going on. Talk about Irony...
    There's no need to be 'theatrically demonstrative' about bearing arms in Arizona. None. 'Never has been. 'Pretty much the reason I'm not fond of some of these 'long gun' parties that some have suggested. We can do that... why poke fingers in their eyes by doing it in numbers?If you notice the CA OC forum... they all sound like lawyers. I s'pose they have to be to keep from being hassled by the 'man'. They also are pretty much resticted to ULOC... whatever good that is. No revolvers. I don't care how good you are... a speed loader ain't gonna cut it in a 'situation'.

    We (who've been here any length of time) consider being armed just part of gettin' dressed. You just 'do it'. There's no reason to show off... 'n it's hardly a novelty. I carry in the house... Home invasions are a real possibility.I'm out in the cholla (boonies). I gotta fend for myself... as do many of us.Sorry to say...I find most Californians ratherwierd. It's a differnt culture. Unfortunately they seem to try to export what screws them up when they move here.
    I wasn't suggesting theatrics. I was just comparing the raw numbers.

    I notice a greater diversity in the people, their opinions, attitudes, etc. Probably, again, due to sheer volume. The more people in a group, the more KINDS of people you'll find in it.

    Maybe it's the vocal protest hippie culture thing. I just find it ironic that the unbathed hippies have more OC supporters, by far, than any other state I've seen. I thought I'd ask people who actually live around that area why they think this is so. I could postulate all day, but that's just my baseless postulation and far less useful than peoples' experience.

    I knew there was some bad blood between some people on this subject, and knew it would be a hard question to pose without a bunch of ************* being thrown at me by people who read what they want to see instead of what is written... But those people will be trouble no matter what, I see no reason for my curiosity to be deterred by their kind.

    Thanks for the useful input!
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  8. #8
    Regular Member March Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arridzona - Flatlander
    Posts
    355

    Post imported post

    There are waaaay more than 60 people who OC in Arizona!

    I don't think there's any 'bad blood' between AZ and CA open carriers.
    I think the only reason you hear more about California OC vs Arizona is because it's so restricted there.

    Here in AZ, it's no big deal to see someone with a firearm.

    Whether I carry concealed or open mostly depends on the weather and where I'm going.

    115 degrees out, shorts and a tshirt I'll OC, company party, CC(!).

    So comparing 'activists' in CA to AZ is really a non-issue.

    -MH
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

  9. #9
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    It's more of a recent phenomenon... a novelty as it were, in CA. Prior to '68 it wasn't a big deal. The Black Panthersgot some white bread panties inna wad 'n this is the result. In AZ... it's a cultural norm. In CA... it's an 'event'.

  10. #10
    Regular Member 1FASTC4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tomahawk
    Posts
    510

    Post imported post

    ixtow wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    I really am not trying to stir up a mess... I know there is a bit of bad blood between some AZ OCers and the Cali OCers.

    I want to know:

    60 Cali OCers had a 'march' as described by a hate-mongering Gay Elected Official of some kind.

    Are there even 60 people, total, who OC in AZ? It's not a contest, it just seems that Cali OCers have a lot more going on. Talk about Irony...
    There's no need to be 'theatrically demonstrative' about bearing arms in Arizona. None. 'Never has been. 'Pretty much the reason I'm not fond of some of these 'long gun' parties that some have suggested. We can do that... why poke fingers in their eyes by doing it in numbers?If you notice the CA OC forum... they all sound like lawyers. I s'pose they have to be to keep from being hassled by the 'man'. They also are pretty much resticted to ULOC... whatever good that is. No revolvers. I don't care how good you are... a speed loader ain't gonna cut it in a 'situation'.

    We (who've been here any length of time) consider being armed just part of gettin' dressed. You just 'do it'. There's no reason to show off... 'n it's hardly a novelty. I carry in the house... Home invasions are a real possibility.I'm out in the cholla (boonies). I gotta fend for myself... as do many of us.Sorry to say...I find most Californians ratherwierd. It's a differnt culture. Unfortunately they seem to try to export what screws them up when they move here.
    I wasn't suggesting theatrics. I was just comparing the raw numbers.

    I notice a greater diversity in the people, their opinions, attitudes, etc. Probably, again, due to sheer volume. The more people in a group, the more KINDS of people you'll find in it.

    Maybe it's the vocal protest hippie culture thing. I just find it ironic that the unbathed hippies have more OC supporters, by far, than any other state I've seen. I thought I'd ask people who actually live around that area why they think this is so. I could postulate all day, but that's just my baseless postulation and far less useful than peoples' experience.

    I knew there was some bad blood between some people on this subject, and knew it would be a hard question to pose without a bunch of ************* being thrown at me by people who read what they want to see instead of what is written... But those people will be trouble no matter what, I see no reason for my curiosity to be deterred by their kind.

    Thanks for the useful input!
    I was unaware of any bad blood. If I lived in CA, and was unable to move immediately, I'd be jealous of our freedoms here in AZ but I'm unaware of any bad blood. Don't get me wrong, CA is a beautiful state, it's just run by politicians who continue to subjugate the residents.

    OC in Az isn't a hot topic on the board or here in the State. As mentioned, OC'ing in AZ is a non-event, sort of like wearing a baseball cap.

    In CA, it's a big deal to carry around a club in a holster.. I mean it's a big deal to carry around an unloaded weapon.

    In AZ, OC'ing our loaded firearms is about as exciting as choosing what belt to wear.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Thundar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,961

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    I really am not trying to stir up a mess... I know there is a bit of bad blood between some AZ OCers and the Cali OCers.

    I want to know:

    60 Cali OCers had a 'march' as described by a hate-mongering Gay Elected Official of some kind.

    Are there even 60 people, total, who OC in AZ? It's not a contest, it just seems that Cali OCers have a lot more going on. Talk about Irony...
    There's no need to be 'theatrically demonstrative' about bearing arms in Arizona. None. 'Never has been. 'Pretty much the reason I'm not fond of some of these 'long gun' parties that some have suggested. We can do that... why poke fingers in their eyes by doing it in numbers?If you notice the CA OC forum... they all sound like lawyers. I s'pose they have to be to keep from being hassled by the 'man'. They also are pretty much resticted to ULOC... whatever good that is. No revolvers. I don't care how good you are... a speed loader ain't gonna cut it in a 'situation'.

    We (who've been here any length of time) consider being armed just part of gettin' dressed. You just 'do it'. There's no reason to show off... 'n it's hardly a novelty. I carry in the house... Home invasions are a real possibility.I'm out in the cholla (boonies). I gotta fend for myself... as do many of us.Sorry to say...I find most Californians ratherwierd. It's a differnt culture. Unfortunately they seem to try to export what screws them up when they move here.
    So your point is that people in Arizona are complacent about the Second Amendment, people in California have a zeal for the RKBA and you don't like young people with zeal moving to Arizona, right?
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

    The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitable–and let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come …………. PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

  12. #12
    Regular Member 1FASTC4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tomahawk
    Posts
    510

    Post imported post

    Thundar wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    I really am not trying to stir up a mess... I know there is a bit of bad blood between some AZ OCers and the Cali OCers.

    I want to know:

    60 Cali OCers had a 'march' as described by a hate-mongering Gay Elected Official of some kind.

    Are there even 60 people, total, who OC in AZ? It's not a contest, it just seems that Cali OCers have a lot more going on. Talk about Irony...
    There's no need to be 'theatrically demonstrative' about bearing arms in Arizona. None. 'Never has been. 'Pretty much the reason I'm not fond of some of these 'long gun' parties that some have suggested. We can do that... why poke fingers in their eyes by doing it in numbers?If you notice the CA OC forum... they all sound like lawyers. I s'pose they have to be to keep from being hassled by the 'man'. They also are pretty much resticted to ULOC... whatever good that is. No revolvers. I don't care how good you are... a speed loader ain't gonna cut it in a 'situation'.

    We (who've been here any length of time) consider being armed just part of gettin' dressed. You just 'do it'. There's no reason to show off... 'n it's hardly a novelty. I carry in the house... Home invasions are a real possibility.I'm out in the cholla (boonies). I gotta fend for myself... as do many of us.Sorry to say...I find most Californians ratherwierd. It's a differnt culture. Unfortunately they seem to try to export what screws them up when they move here.
    So your point is that people in Arizona are complacent about the Second Amendment, people in California have a zeal for the RKBA and you don't like young people with zeal moving to Arizona, right?


  13. #13
    Regular Member March Hare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Arridzona - Flatlander
    Posts
    355

    Post imported post

    Thundar said:
    So your point is that people in Arizona are complacent about the Second Amendment, people in California have a zeal for the RKBA and you don't like young people with zeal moving to Arizona, right?"
    Hmmm.... that looks like a three parter to me...

    ...people in Arizona are complacent about the Second Amendment
    Hardly, we tend to be, shall we say, a vocal bunch when it comes to firearms. We've rolled the restrictions waaaay back and are attempting to get rid of the requirement for a permit to carry concealed.


    ..people in California have a zeal for the RKBA and you don't
    I'd say the level of 'zeal' is probably the same, it's just that since their laws are so restrictive, anything they do will make the news.


    ...you don't like young people with zeal moving to Arizona, right?
    I don't think there's a problem with people moving to AZ, we just don't like them trying to export their anti 2A ideologies to our free state!
    $2 Bill - Calling Card of the 2A Movement
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything.
    Seriously, who is John Galt?
    Vires et honestas

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Marin County, California, USA
    Posts
    1

    Post imported post

    I've lurked in this forum for over a year, but I have to chime in now...

    I don't UOC anymore (mainly because it's pointless -- CA is not going to change), but I can tell you that there's *NO* bad blood between our two groups. OC in CA simply gets more press because most (>90%) people here are idiots, which is the main reason why I'll be moving to AZ in August. I don't know anyone here who has any ill feelings towards our AZ OC brethren, aside from a good bit of envy of course.

    I'll be in the Phoenix area next week (3/16-3/21) to look at houses, to take my CCW class, and to turn in my CA DL for an AZ license. I've open-carried in AZ before, but not extensively -- mostly on late-night runs to Wal-Mart with the Mrs. However, this time around I plan to OC everywhere I go -- obviously, I'll not be visiting any restaurants that serve alcohol. If anyone wants to meet up for a bit to chat, let me know: I'll be in the SW Valley area, Buckeye, Goodyear, etc. I'll be carrying a Glock 20, 15+1 (or 17+1, depending on how frisky I feel) Double Tap 165gr Golden Sabers, if anyone is curious.

    I'm looking forward to moving to this great state, where I can buy a mansion for next to nothing, and my freedom to defend myself and my family is respected!

  15. #15
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    Thundar wrote:
    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    ixtow wrote:
    I really am not trying to stir up a mess... I know there is a bit of bad blood between some AZ OCers and the Cali OCers.

    I want to know:

    60 Cali OCers had a 'march' as described by a hate-mongering Gay Elected Official of some kind.

    Are there even 60 people, total, who OC in AZ? It's not a contest, it just seems that Cali OCers have a lot more going on. Talk about Irony...
    There's no need to be 'theatrically demonstrative' about bearing arms in Arizona. None. 'Never has been. 'Pretty much the reason I'm not fond of some of these 'long gun' parties that some have suggested. We can do that... why poke fingers in their eyes by doing it in numbers?If you notice the CA OC forum... they all sound like lawyers. I s'pose they have to be to keep from being hassled by the 'man'. They also are pretty much resticted to ULOC... whatever good that is. No revolvers. I don't care how good you are... a speed loader ain't gonna cut it in a 'situation'.

    We (who've been here any length of time) consider being armed just part of gettin' dressed. You just 'do it'. There's no reason to show off... 'n it's hardly a novelty. I carry in the house... Home invasions are a real possibility.I'm out in the cholla (boonies). I gotta fend for myself... as do many of us.Sorry to say...I find most Californians ratherwierd. It's a differnt culture. Unfortunately they seem to try to export what screws them up when they move here.
    So your point is that people in Arizona are complacent about the Second Amendment, people in California have a zeal for the RKBA and you don't like young people with zeal moving to Arizona, right?
    I don't think complacency and integration are the same thing.

    While I had already gathered that OC is "no big deal" in AZ, I also didn't see much activity. It's already fairly 'normal,' and just doesn't need much attention now. While that can LEAD to complacence, I do note the presence of groups like AZCDL. One doesn't have to be eyeballs deep in a battle once it has been (mostly) fought. It reverts to normalcy (I hate that word) and vigilance. As long as that vigilance isn't failed, complacency is the wrong word. It seems they stand up when they need to, but go about their lives without a daily, pointless obsession.

    In the PRKA, the battle is being fought as we speak, so the volume of activity is sensible. I suppose this is where I observed the disparity.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    199

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    We (who've been here any length of time) consider being armed just part of gettin' dressed. You just 'do it'. There's no reason to show off... 'n it's hardly a novelty. I carry in the house... Home invasions are a real possibility.I'm out in the cholla (boonies). I gotta fend for myself... as do many of us.Sorry to say...I find most Californians ratherwierd. It's a differnt culture. Unfortunately they seem to try to export what screws them up when they move here.
    Man Sonora I agree 100%. When I go to Sedona about once or twice a week I always OC. So many most from CA moving in wanting to make us like Ca. And people believe the biggest threat to the freedoms we have in AZ come from our Southern Borders. I can say what i've seen in AZ the people that come from Ca at least 90% are anti-gun

  17. #17
    Regular Member 1FASTC4's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tomahawk
    Posts
    510

    Post imported post

    Catecol wrote:
    I've lurked in this forum for over a year, but I have to chime in now...

    I don't UOC anymore (mainly because it's pointless -- CA is not going to change), but I can tell you that there's *NO* bad blood between our two groups. OC in CA simply gets more press because most (>90%) people here are idiots, which is the main reason why I'll be moving to AZ in August. I don't know anyone here who has any ill feelings towards our AZ OC brethren, aside from a good bit of envy of course.

    I'll be in the Phoenix area next week (3/16-3/21) to look at houses, to take my CCW class, and to turn in my CA DL for an AZ license. I've open-carried in AZ before, but not extensively -- mostly on late-night runs to Wal-Mart with the Mrs. However, this time around I plan to OC everywhere I go -- obviously, I'll not be visiting any restaurants that serve alcohol. If anyone wants to meet up for a bit to chat, let me know: I'll be in the SW Valley area, Buckeye, Goodyear, etc. I'll be carrying a Glock 20, 15+1 (or 17+1, depending on how frisky I feel) Double Tap 165gr Golden Sabers, if anyone is curious.

    I'm looking forward to moving to this great state, where I can buy a mansion for next to nothing, and my freedom to defend myself and my family is respected!
    Good thing your going to be carrying, based on where you're going to be. Not yhe best part of town.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Frederick, Colorado, USA
    Posts
    22

    Post imported post

    California is a lost cause. I'm glad to hear that some are trying to hold on to what little of their 2A they have left. Sadly, I see Arizona heading in the same direction ultimitely. Too many East Coast & West Coast folks with their love of Big Government moving there. I hope time proves me wrong as AZ is my home state. All the left wing trash moving to AZ is what made me decide to move to Northern Colorado. Except for Denver, this is a very Conservative State with low taxes. I can even take my loaded 9mm into Applebees while having a Beer and a Steak!

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Maricopa, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    7

    Post imported post

    I get a kick out of how people seem to equate political affiliation with a stance on every issue imaginable. Whatever...

    The likelyhood of AZ ever going anti-gun is very slim even with the continued influx of folks from outside. The thing to keep in mind is (a) those folk left somewhere else and (b) they can actually see that firearms are not automagically evil. They see new friends and new neighbors carrying guns. They get invited to go shootin either out in the wilds or in a range. And they don't see arguments and disagreements between citizens turning into the fear mongered "shoot out at OK Corral" scenario.

    OTOH if those here put a chip on their shoulder against those from elsewhere then guess who started the "us and them" and guess who will outnumber the natives at the polls. Fortunately that hasn't been my experience here since the first time I tried settin roots in AZ about 20 years ago.

  20. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Firepower wrote:
    California is a lost cause. I'm glad to hear that some are trying to hold on to what little of their 2A they have left. Sadly, I see Arizona heading in the same direction ultimitely. Too many East Coast & West Coast folks with their love of Big Government moving there. I hope time proves me wrong as AZ is my home state. All the left wing trash moving to AZ is what made me decide to move to Northern Colorado. Except for Denver, this is a very Conservative State with low taxes. I can even take my loaded 9mm into Applebees while having a Beer and a Steak!
    It ain't over 'til it is over. Don't disparage the work of those on the front lines.

    BTW, the event that Saldana referenced was an event that I helped organize and throw. It was a pretty damn good event too.

    http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009...arry-meet.html



  21. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Also, there is no bad blood at all. Californians love Arizonans

  22. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Escondido, California, USA
    Posts
    1,140

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    It's more of a recent phenomenon... a novelty as it were, in CA. Prior to '68 it wasn't a big deal. The Black Panthersgot some white bread panties inna wad 'n this is the result. In AZ... it's a cultural norm. In CA... it's an 'event'.
    Black people were getting murdered by corrupt San Francisco cops. I can see why anyone's panties would get in a wad.

  23. #23
    Founder's Club Member ixtow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Suwannee County, FL
    Posts
    5,069

    Post imported post

    pullnshoot25 wrote:
    Firepower wrote:
    California is a lost cause. I'm glad to hear that some are trying to hold on to what little of their 2A they have left. Sadly, I see Arizona heading in the same direction ultimitely. Too many East Coast & West Coast folks with their love of Big Government moving there. I hope time proves me wrong as AZ is my home state. All the left wing trash moving to AZ is what made me decide to move to Northern Colorado. Except for Denver, this is a very Conservative State with low taxes. I can even take my loaded 9mm into Applebees while having a Beer and a Steak!
    It ain't over 'til it is over. Don't disparage the work of those on the front lines.

    BTW, the event that Saldana referenced was an event that I helped organize and throw. It was a pretty damn good event too.

    http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009...arry-meet.html
    California has a lot more going for it than Florida. Even with a CCW, we can't even PRINT here, it's a Felony. And forget UOC, you'll be killed on sight.

    If California is a lost cause, Florida isn't even part of the USA.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

    https://gunthreadadapters.com

    "Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

    Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

  24. #24
    Regular Member mFonz77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sierra Vista, AZ
    Posts
    265

    Post imported post

    I was never aware of any bad blood. I have only been to Kalifornia a few times, to see some friends, and I never actually saw any UOCers, but more power to the ones that choose to do it. Personally, while California is beautiful and has many natural treasures, I simply won't live there due to the insane cost of living and progressive social "norms." I'll live in Arizona, a free citizen, and enjoy my freedoms, and spend my money here.

    Carry on!
    My location says I am from Sierra Vista, AZ which is where I live now but I actually lived in MO for 26 years! So please stop telling me I don't know what I'm talking about when I post in the Missouri forum!

  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    661

    Post imported post

    Sad to see that AZ's OC culture is being somewhat maligned on here. Isn't the goal of OC to make it so commonplace that no one bats an eye? That's what we have in AZ, not because we're complacent, but because we have fought hard to take back our rights! As some have mentioned, all one has to do is check out AZCDL and you'll see just how non-complacent we are here.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •