• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA vs AZ - Rattle the bee's nest and stuff it down my pants?

pullnshoot25

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
It's more of a recent phenomenon... a novelty as it were, in CA. Prior to '68 it wasn't a big deal. The Black Panthersgot some white bread panties inna wad 'n this is the result. In AZ... it's a cultural norm. In CA... it's an 'event'.
Black people were getting murdered by corrupt San Francisco cops. I can see why anyone's panties would get in a wad.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
Firepower wrote:
California is a lost cause. I'm glad to hear that some are trying to hold on to what little of their 2A they have left. Sadly, I see Arizona heading in the same direction ultimitely. Too many East Coast & West Coast folks with their love of Big Government moving there. I hope time proves me wrong as AZ is my home state. All the left wing trash moving to AZ is what made me decide to move to Northern Colorado. Except for Denver, this is a very Conservative State with low taxes. I can even take my loaded 9mm into Applebees while having a Beer and a Steak!
It ain't over 'til it is over. Don't disparage the work of those on the front lines.

BTW, the event that Saldana referenced was an event that I helped organize and throw. It was a pretty damn good event too.

http://caopencarry.blogspot.com/2009/02/third-san-diego-open-carry-meet.html
California has a lot more going for it than Florida. Even with a CCW, we can't even PRINT here, it's a Felony. And forget UOC, you'll be killed on sight.

If California is a lost cause, Florida isn't even part of the USA.

mFonz77

imported post

I was never aware of any bad blood. I have only been to Kalifornia a few times, to see some friends, and I never actually saw any UOCers, but more power to the ones that choose to do it. Personally, while California is beautiful and has many natural treasures, I simply won't live there due to the insane cost of living and progressive social "norms." I'll live in Arizona, a free citizen, and enjoy my freedoms, and spend my money here.

Carry on!

Dahwg

imported post

Sad to see that AZ's OC culture is being somewhat maligned on here. Isn't the goal of OC to make it so commonplace that no one bats an eye? That's what we have in AZ, not because we're complacent, but because we have fought hard to take back our rights! As some have mentioned, all one has to do is check out AZCDL and you'll see just how non-complacent we are here.

acmariner99

imported post

Dahwg wrote:
Sad to see that AZ's OC culture is being somewhat maligned on here. Isn't the goal of OC to make it so commonplace that no one bats an eye? That's what we have in AZ, not because we're complacent, but because we have fought hard to take back our rights! As some have mentioned, all one has to do is check out AZCDL and you'll see just how non-complacent we are here.
+1

I see no bad blood from CA and AZ OCers. Many of my friends are from Cali and we go shooting as often as we can. A few OC. They are happy to be out of the restrictive PRKA. As to the number, does it really matter? I appreciate CA people trying to take back their state, but over here in AZ, we have a tremendous amount of freedom. And like several people have mentioned already, the AZCDL is incredibly active in furthering our 2A freedoms in Phoenix. God willing, Constitutional Carry (CC allowed without a permit) and tougher preemption laws should be passed this session. OC here is no big deal. I thought people might ask a few questions, but no one really notices. When I return to WA state in May, its going to be a different story.

Pace

imported post

Eh, no idea what being gay and opencarry is about.

Gay, Bi, Straight, QueerCurious, I don't care who OpenCarries. Heck if a bunch of flaming homosexual marched in S.F. with guns strapped to themselves, it would probably do the movement some good.

Come to think of it, a good amount of the members of this board use the motto MOAON AABE which is a motto used by a predominately gay culture of Sparta. (Lots of historical evidence). I mean, what does exactly "Come and Get it Mean?" Hahha

Anywho, silly thread.

300.jpg

DEFENSOR

imported post

mFonz77 wrote:
I was never aware of any bad blood. I have only been to Kalifornia a few times, to see some friends, and I never actually saw any UOCers, but more power to the ones that choose to do it. Personally, while California is beautiful and has many natural treasures, I simply won't live there due to the insane cost of living and progressive social "norms." I'll live in Arizona, a free citizen, and enjoy my freedoms, and spend my money here.

Carry on!

Definately no bad blood,

I love Arizona, we are somewhat jealousand often use other states as examples of what OC in Ca. should be. Dad was bornon family land in Coolidge in 1943 but left as a kid, what a shame.I guess it's a sight, an old man getting out of a red Pantera with a .45 revolver in cowboy leather.Yes I am jealous, not having this kind of freedom.SoImade plans to move from Ca. Utah here I come.

Defensor out

wrightme

imported post

I consider AZ "closer" to NV than CA.

CA needs activism on this topic. AZ is pretty much there. Does it really look so bleak from FLA? :?

Out of curiosity ixtow, where are these supposed "raw numbers" of which you refer, and how are you drawing some type of useful conclusion from about 3,000 miles away?

And, as others have asked:

heliopolissolutions wrote:
Dude what are you talking about?!!?!

AZ2CO09

imported post

When I said California is a lost cause, I meant it. I, in no way would want to discourage anyone from trying to assert their 2A right there, but we all have to take emotion out of this and just look at it logically. California is a far left wing state that thinks taxes and gun control is the answer to all their problems. They will always blame gun ownership for their ridiculous crime problem (even though we all know that's B.S.). I personally admire those that risk a police beating, jail sentence, or other sanction to exercise their right to carry. I call it a lost cause because the majority of Californians believe all that crap they are fed about guns being the problem. I was born and raised in that state, and was never happier than the day I left. Yes, it is a Beautiful State, and yes 2A is a constitutional right, but if you truely desire freedom, vote with your feet. Move to a state that actually respects your rights. As for Florida, it must be all the transplanted Northeasterners. Just a guess

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

Pace

imported post

Blah..blah.. blah.. blah, far leftwing..blah..blah..blah.
The same old BS that gun rights has anything to do with liberal vs. conservative issues. Every President and Government since the turn of the century has made bigger government. Reagan spent billions on the Drug War, Clinton spent billions on interns, Bush grew the ATF, I have no idea what Obama is doing...

They all (except Obama so far, strangely enough) have passed laws restricting guns. All of them.

Blah..blah..blah...

Sheeple.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

EdB wrote:
I get a kick out of how people seem to equate political affiliation with a stance on every issue imaginable.  Whatever...

The likelyhood of AZ ever going anti-gun is very slim even with the continued influx of folks from outside.  The thing to keep in mind is (a) those folk left somewhere else and (b) they can actually see that firearms are not automagically evil.  They see new friends and new neighbors carrying guns.  They get invited to go shootin either out in the wilds or in a range.  And they don't see arguments and disagreements between citizens turning into the fear mongered "shoot out at OK Corral" scenario.

OTOH if those here put a chip on their shoulder against those from elsewhere then guess who started the "us and them" and guess who will outnumber the natives at the polls.  Fortunately that hasn't been my experience here since the first time I tried settin roots in AZ about 20 years ago.
[/quote

This is the reason I left Illinois. To just about anyone there, guns are evil. When I got to AZ, the first week I seen someone OC'ing and ran home to get my holster and my SIG. It's been with me ever since.

AZ2CO09

imported post

Hmmm...Instead of discussing an issue like an adult, you decide to have THIS response. It IS true that states that are run by crazy Liberals (California, Illinois, New York, etc.) are more likely to restrict your 2A rights. There are very few exceptions to this rule (Vermont comes to mind). I am not a defender of Republicans in the slightest bit. They have shown time and time again that they do not walk the walk. However, Republicans are less likely to restrict your 2A rights than Democrats are. They usually make up for this by attacking your 4A rights (Patriot Act, etc.).
I, myself am a Libertarian. I believe in personal Liberty and ALL the Constitutional Rights we have. I'm not sure why you are attacking my earlier post, except perhaps facts bother you. Again, I'm not defending Bush or any other Republican, but what is coming from this Administration & Congress will make Bush look like a saint.

Shoot on
Pace wrote:
Blah..blah.. blah.. blah, far leftwing..blah..blah..blah.
The same old BS that gun rights has anything to do with liberal vs. conservative issues. Every President and Government since the turn of the century has made bigger government. Reagan spent billions on the Drug War, Clinton spent billions on interns, Bush grew the ATF, I have no idea what Obama is doing...

They all (except Obama so far, strangely enough) have passed laws restricting guns. All of them.

Blah..blah..blah...

Sheeple.