• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Holster for FNP 45

streetdoc

imported post

I have been wanting to get a 45 for a while and recently purchased an FNP 4. Since this handgun is still not very common it is a little difficult to find holsters made for it that are not custom orders. I did find the BladeTech and Safariland both make holsters for this gun but they are hard to find in stores or on some of the on-line retailers. I spent considerable amount of time over several days looking at different web sites and calling these different vendors trying to find somebody that had an in-stock holster. What really surprised me was who I found that actually had them in stock OpticsPlanet, http://www.opticsplanet.com/ I called them and made my purchase over the phone, within a couple of hours I received and e-mail telling me that my purchase had shipped and was given the UPS tracking codes. Be sure to include them when you are looking for a holster.
By the way, I got a Safariland 568 Paddle Holster, it fits great.

shad0wfax

imported post

streetdoc wrote:
I have been wanting to get a 45 for a while and recently purchased an FNP 4. Since this handgun is still not very common it is a little difficult to find holsters made for it that are not custom orders. I did find the BladeTech and Safariland both make holsters for this gun but they are hard to find in stores or on some of the on-line retailers. I spent considerable amount of time over several days looking at different web sites and calling these different vendors trying to find somebody that had an in-stock holster. What really surprised me was who I found that actually had them in stock OpticsPlanet, http://www.opticsplanet.com/ I called them and made my purchase over the phone, within a couple of hours I received and e-mail telling me that my purchase had shipped and was given the UPS tracking codes. Be sure to include them when you are looking for a holster.
By the way, I got a Safariland 568 Paddle Holster, it fits great.
Blade-Tech also makes great holsters and they claim to fit the FNP well. You're just stuck direct-ordering from Blade-Tech to find them.

Glad you love your Safariland!

cmdr_iceman71

imported post

I purchased a FMP-45 also, it arrived roughly two weeks ago and the holster I ordered for it arrived about days ago as well. I ordered it from opticsplanet.com. I selected the Safariland 200 "Top Gun" Mid-Ride, Level I Retention Holster - Basket Black. While I know the FNP-45 doesn’t show up on the list of guns that fit the holster I purchased, the Sig P226 and P220 have roughly the same dimensions as the FNP-45 and those two guns were on the list. Thus I extrapolated that it should fit. I’ve been slowly breaking in the Safariland 200 for the last couple days and it is slowly coming around to being ready to be used in the field. Here is a pic of my FNP-45 secured in the aforementioned holster with the thumb break snapped closed.

emcsqrd

imported post

I had the same situation after I purchased my FNP-45. I went to a local holster manufacturer (Backwoods Leather in Portsmouth, VA) and inquired whether he had anything for it. He said that due to demand he would probably not be making anything specifically for this gun, but he did try it in a couple of IWB holsters that he did stock and it fit remarkably well in the IWB holster he stocks for the Springfield Armory XDM. I bought the XDM holster and it had worked quite well for me.