• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Starbuck's

AbNo

imported post

Start a new group on the ashes of the old?

http://concealedcampus.org/volunteer.php

If yourcampus does not have a Campus Leader and you would like to fill the role, please submit an application. Campus Leaders are our representatives on campus that relay information, handle local media, plan events and set up local groups at their universities. The position of campus leader must be renewed every academic year.

SMW

imported post

I'm too busy to do anything this semester (its almost over anyway) but I'll look into that. Hopefully next semester will be more lax because the next few weeks are going to be hectic to say the least.:banghead:

SMW

imported post

Lawmaker wrote:
Just wanted to point out a lovely argument I am having on Facebook with some antis about starbucks.

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=15286&post=104453&uid=22092443056#topic_top

Did anyone else look at the first page of this and read any of the anti comments about how much safer they will all be if Starbucks would give in? These people are the definition of sheeple believing exactly what the brady campaign are feeding them without question.

jerz_subbie

imported post

SMW wrote:
I have tried to contact them and can't get a response.
I've contacted them thanking them for the stance they've taken. Albeit a neutral stance it's still in our favor. I got this response today:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

We recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. Advocacy groups from both sides of this issue have chosen to use Starbucks as a way to draw attention to their positions.

While we deeply respect the views of all our customers, Starbucks long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged. We comply with local laws and statutes in all the communities we serve. That means we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited. The political, policy and legal debates around these issues belong in the legislatures and courts, not in our stores.

At the same time, we have a security protocol for any threatening situation that might occur in our stores. Partners are trained to call law enforcement as situations arise. We will continuously review our procedures to ensure the highest safety guidelines are in place and we will continue to work closely with law enforcement.

We have examined this issue through the lens of partner (employee) and customer safety. Were we to adopt a policy different from local laws allowing open carry, we would be forced to require our partners to ask law abiding customers to leave our stores, putting our partners in an unfair and potentially unsafe position.

As the public debate continues, we are asking all interested parties to refrain from putting Starbucks or our partners into the middle of this divisive issue. As a company, we are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society. Our Starbucks family knows all too well the dangers that exist when guns are used irresponsibly and illegally. Without minimizing this unfortunate reality, we believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers. We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective.

Warm Regards,
Jessica F.
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 23-LATTE (235-2883)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 6PM (PST)

SMW

imported post

jerz_subbie wrote:
SMW wrote:
I have tried to contact them and can't get a response.
I've contacted them thanking them for the stance they've taken. Albeit a neutral stance it's still in our favor. I got this response today:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting Starbucks Coffee Company.

We recognize that there is significant and genuine passion surrounding the issue of open carry weapons laws. Advocacy groups from both sides of this issue have chosen to use Starbucks as a way to draw attention to their positions.

While we deeply respect the views of all our customers, Starbucks long-standing approach to this issue remains unchanged. We comply with local laws and statutes in all the communities we serve. That means we abide by the laws that permit open carry in 43 U.S. states. Where these laws don't exist, openly carrying weapons in our stores is prohibited. The political, policy and legal debates around these issues belong in the legislatures and courts, not in our stores.

At the same time, we have a security protocol for any threatening situation that might occur in our stores. Partners are trained to call law enforcement as situations arise. We will continuously review our procedures to ensure the highest safety guidelines are in place and we will continue to work closely with law enforcement.

We have examined this issue through the lens of partner (employee) and customer safety. Were we to adopt a policy different from local laws allowing open carry, we would be forced to require our partners to ask law abiding customers to leave our stores, putting our partners in an unfair and potentially unsafe position.

As the public debate continues, we are asking all interested parties to refrain from putting Starbucks or our partners into the middle of this divisive issue. As a company, we are extremely sensitive to the issue of gun violence in our society. Our Starbucks family knows all too well the dangers that exist when guns are used irresponsibly and illegally. Without minimizing this unfortunate reality, we believe that supporting local laws is the right way for us to ensure a safe environment for both partners and customers. We appreciate you taking the time to share your perspective.

Warm Regards,
Jessica F.
Customer Relations
Starbucks Coffee Company
800 23-LATTE (235-2883)
Monday through Friday, 5AM to 6PM (PST)

Sorry but my post was about the Students for Concealed Carry on Campus at NCSU not being active for a few months. I didn't mean to sidetrack the original topic.

AbNo

imported post

Ruger wrote:
I posted on the Starbucks page's wall about how my local Starbucks gave me a free 1/2 lb of French Roast as a "thank you" when I OC'd w/ my SR9.

I'll bet that ruffled the anti's feathers :celebrate
Yeah, but Starbuck's is asking that they not be used to ruffle ANYONE's feathers. :uhoh:

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

AbNo wrote:
Ruger wrote:
I posted on the Starbucks page's wall about how my local Starbucks gave me a free 1/2 lb  of French Roast as a "thank you" when I OC'd w/ my SR9. 

I'll bet that ruffled the anti's feathers :celebrate
Yeah, but Starbuck's is asking that they not be used to ruffle ANYONE's feathers. :uhoh:

I merely posted the facts of what happened. No commentary was necessary. I figure that some may have been irritated by it, but I'm sure that there are others who were pleased by it. I was posting it on a Starbucks fan page, not on a Brady page.

Also, I think I should point out that I have been OC'ing in my local Starbucks since before the Brady Campaign decided to drag Starbucks into the press over OC issues.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Oh god, not another one of these "let's choose a date with way too much historical significance so that people will read all kinds of unrelated stuff into what we're trying to say" events.

:quirky

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
imported post

marshaul wrote:
Oh god, not another one of these "let's choose a date with way too much historical significance so that people will read all kinds of unrelated stuff into what we're trying to say" events.

:quirky
Agreed. Why choose to do this on 4/20 -the unofficial pothead holiday? This is sure to garner negative press. Why not 4/19 or 4/21.... just not 4/20.