• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Local OC Activist Groups?

Joe_Carry

imported post

Hi folks,

I just joined the forum, please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post. I'm a Missouri resident in Jefferson County looking for local folks of like mind.

I like the idea of "OC Trash Pickup" or other public service related activities to get the word out and dispel the myths spread by the fear mongers out there.

Is there an existing open carry activist group around? Is there anyone else out here my way?

Thanks

Joe

Broondog

imported post

goalseter88 wrote:
i join yah also if you be willing to mabye do it a bit more south of jeferson city where it wouldnt be a 2.5 hour drive.
your drive would be a bit longer than that. Jefferson COUNTY is just south of STL. :)

but it's just north of me. whatcha got in mind Joe_Carry? and where?

i don't know of any organized groups though.

mspgunner

imported post

I have asked DNR for a letter to allow me to OC in Babler State Park! To fulfill the stupid requirement in Wildwood for written permission required to OC. They are "considering my request". OC is legal in State Parks, just not in Wildwood.

Waiting.....

mspgunner

imported post

sohighlyunlikely wrote:
MSPGUNNER,

Win or lose. Thank you for your workfor the Babler park OCpicnic.

Doc

I hope you'll be there. I don't expect a lot of people, but it is nice to network with CCW/OC people and exchange email addresses for things that might come up in the future. I've passed this invitation along to a lot of people, should be interesting.

Heck, I'll B-B-Q even if few show up.