Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Novi Gander Mtn. OC seminar

President, CLSD, Inc., Oxford, Michigan, USA

Post imported post

I am pleased to announce our next open carry seminar will be held at the Gander Men in Novi on April 3rd from 11-2.

This should be up on their website shortly and will be free and open to the public.

I'm looking for 3 or 4 volunteers for this event. Let me know if you are interested.

Post imported post

< Ding!

Post imported post

Thats in my city ill be there!

Post imported post

Welcome to OCDO Shadyboy2008.

ETA: Go to My Account, then Profile and pick USA under Country, then pick Michigan under State.

Post imported post

Shady, if you go up to the my account tab upper right, you can put in your city, helps a bit to know where you are

Post imported post

Will this event also have some role play exercises for LEO encounters? I would like to see that, but I can't make the Utica date.
    I'm not a lawyer, psychologist, or LEO. This means, don't rely on my opinion to work for you.
    But I am a railroad conductor.
    “Breathes their a man with a soul so dead, that does not thrill to the sound of a passing train?”

Post imported post

Not sure, but doubtful. It's only two hours, and as it is, i think we're going to be very overwhelmed with the turnout I don't think we'll have time to do drills, might not be a bad idea if there is room in the "program".

Post imported post

Generaldet wrote:
    I am pleased to announce our next open carry seminar will be held at the Gander Men in Novi on April 3rd from 11-2.

This should be up on their website shortly and will be free and open to the public.

I'm looking for 3 or 4 volunteers for this event. Let me know if you are interested.
    I'll volunteer. I work a few miles from the store. I can check on the flyers and keep 'em stocked. If you need a contact person, I can do that too. Let me know.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

bump

Post imported post

I can help out at this one also. Just let me know what ya need help with. I'm in that area all the time.

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

John,

Send me that flyer for this event, and I'll print out a bunch and set them up in Novi Gander Mountain.

If someone else actually has the flyer to send, PM me for my email.
    "The principle of self-defense, even involving weapons and bloodshed, has never been condemned, even by Gandhi . . ."--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr

“He who cannot protect himself or his nearest and dearest or their honor by non-violently facing death, may and ought to do so by violently dealing with the oppressor. He who can do neither of the two is a burden.”--M. K. Gandhi

"First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." --M. K. Gandhi

Post imported post

Don't remember, Dan, are you going to be able to make it to the novi seminar? Been awhile, would be nice to see you again friend

Post imported post

FatboyCykes wrote:
    Don't remember, Dan, are you going to be able to make it to the novi seminar? Been awhile, would be nice to see you again friend
    I probably will make it, but still have to list myself as tentative. Yes, it will be nice to possibly see ya again, mate!

Post imported post

Dan you will have the flyer tomorrow night thanks again

Post imported post

If I can get a couple hours off work, I'll volunteer to help.

Otherwise, I'll attend until I need to leave at 12:30.

Post imported post

TTT

Post imported post

I honestly didn't know anyone had seminars on open carry. I will need to see what we have going on but I'd like to attend this seminar.

Jon.

Post imported post

Do you have your volunteers?

If I'm going to try and get cleared to come in later, I need to put that request in ASAP.

Post imported post

I will be there! probably 11 am till 12-12:30, as I would like to make it to the Kiddie Fest in Durand.

Post imported post

I printed off a bunch of flyers and set them up at the entrance, yesterday during lunch. I'll go by today and make sure we're still stocked sufficiently.

I called GM to get the seminar on the Michigan events web-page. They gave me a phone number which I called yesterdayand left a voicemail on. No response yet.

Post imported post

The people I talked to said it is up to the store manager... so far mine isn't up yet either and I have asked twice...
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    The people I talked to said it is up to the store manager... so far mine isn't up yet either and I have asked twice...
    And, coincidentally, I just got done speaking with the Novi manager, Pam. Her office admin (who normally takes care ofposting events to the web)is out today, but she said she'll "give it a whirl" and try to get it posted today. I told her to use the Utica posting as a model and change it where necessary (location and date).

Post imported post

Are we staffed well enough for this event? I'd be happy to step up or remain an alternate if help is needed.

Also, if we hold an OCseminar at the Taylor Gander Mtn I'd like to be a part of that as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast