• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Good chance that I'm moving to Colorado

cscitney87

imported post

Do a search in our Colorado section. I have posted the links to Denver City Parks systems many times. Red Rocks, Apex, Lookout, Falcon, etc. A lot of parks butting up against Denver Metro are Denver owned. What a shame! Most of the mountain parks that are JUST inside the Front Range are County Open Space parks, but I would check, double check, and triple check to make sure the park isn't owned by Denver.

Also to note, some Hiking Trails will actually cross Denver parks on the Front Range so be sure to keep an eye peeled for signage and double check your routes for your hikes.

You could always check out my thread on Maxwell Falls. It's only 20 mins from Metro Denver.

Kingfish

imported post

ZackL wrote:
OCinColorado wrote:
Not sure but I believe that open carry in state parks is, like Denver, "Banned"

It's my understanding that it's only banned in those state parks that are owned by Denver county... I'm not sure which ones they own, but I know that they own quite a few of them. (I'm personally not an outdoorsy kind of person... sorry.)
How can a STATE park be owned by a city?

ZackL

imported post

I guess, by definition, it would be a city park. However, they are outside of the city, and for that matter the county, of Denver and are still owned by said jurisdiction.

Jenshubby

imported post

Yeah, looks like I may be relocating from Oregon to Colorado within a few months. Just waiting on word from a prespective job. Possible move location is around Pueblo.