• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

G26, G27 or G33

Ole Man Dan

imported post

IMHO: You have to start with a good belt & good holster.
Move it around on your belt (Good heavy,wide belt)
until you find what is your 'Sweet Spot'.
Put your pistol on and wear it around the house for a day
or two. You will get used to it. When you go out in
public, you won't be as self conscious if you are used
to the feel of the pistol either on your belt or in a
IWB holster.

Sometimes you will encounter a pistol wearing a man, and
not the other way around.
(Thats what we used to say about rookie cops)
After you carry for a while you get comfortable with it,
you relax and you 'Wear the Gun'.

A G-19 is not too big to carry. (Unless you are really small in statue) If you check on the Glock Forum, you will find that the G-19 is for many the weapon of choice.
The 357 Sig offers a little more punch than the 9mm or .45 but you pay for that extra punch with more felt recoil.
The price of ammo gives the edge to the 9mm (First) then to the .45 with the 357 Sig bringing up the rear due to $$$.

Section32

imported post

ComradeV wrote:
Glock 26 and 27 have poor penetration performance compared to other models due to very short barrel length. http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot27.htm
This simply isn't true. You only lose about 35 fps/ inch of barrel length. This is not enough to make much of a difference. If it concerns you, you can compensate with +p or even +p+ loads. I will guarantee you that your BG won't be able to tell if he was shot with a G26 or a G19.

Section32

imported post

Ole Man Dan wrote:
IMHO: You have to start with a good belt & good holster.
This is important advice no matter what or how you carry. If you are going to continue to CC, the ultimate rig for the G26 is the Brommeland Max Con V on a 1.5" horse Beltman. This will set you back a couple hundred bucks but quality is value. You'll have a great looking, functional and comfortable rig that will also hold it's resell value should you ever have to sell it (but you won't want to).

Section32

imported post

ComradeV wrote:
The 26 is still better than the 27

C'mon, Comrade. Show some maturity here. These two guns and their ammo ballistics are so close as to relegate the choice to pure preference. In this case, "better" is a gnat's hair one way or the other.

Tazman2

imported post

ComradeV wrote:
The 26 is still better than the 27

I own a G26 but still think the G27 is a better investment if you want a bigger caliber especially since you can drop in a 9mm barrel and be able to switch it up unlike the G26 which you can't drop in a larger caliber barrel, etc. :)

Uber_Olafsun

imported post

I have the G26 and the thing I love about it is when I open carry I have the mag with the pinky extension and when I conceal I use the standard mag and sometimes forget I even have it on me. The extension gives me the comfort of fully getting my hand around it but the standard mag is more comfortable for how I conceal (MOB).

open4years

imported post

You're already zeroed in on the one I suggest: The 27. I have a 23 and 27. The 27 can use it's bigger brothers magazines and is great for CC. I did add a Pierce Grip so my little finger woul fit. Do it!