• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Telegragh - Growth in USA gun carry led by OpenCarry.org

Mike

Site Co-Founder

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Interesting article, I see what he is saying, but we'll have to see. If anyone is shooting themselves in the foot, it's anti-gunners. Allowing an erosion of any freedom or right means ALL FREEDOMS AND RIGHTS are subject to legislative, judicial, andrestraint.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Mike wrote:
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/geraldwarner/100029699/has-the-us-gun-lobby-shot-itself-in-the-foot-by-unintentionally-undermining-states-rights/

SNIP

Meanwhile, in reaction against the Obama administration’s perceived threat to the right to bear arms, the carrying of sidearms in public – legal in all but six states – is growing in popularity, led by the movement OpenCarry.org.
Should that not be "legal in all but seven states?"
http://www.opencarry.org/opencarry.html

June cannot come early enough.

Yata hey

deepdiver

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wow, now we're a "movement". Just a few days ago we were "loosely organized".

"...And friends, somewhere in Washington enshrined in some little folder, is a study in black and white of my fingerprints. And the only reason I'm singing you this song now is cause you may know somebody in a similar situation, or you may be in a similar situation, and if your in a situation like that there's only one thing you can do and that's walk into the shrink wherever you are ,just walk in say "Shrink, You can get anything you want, at Alice's restaurant.". And walk out. You know, if one person, just one person does it they may think he's really sick and they won't take him. And if two people, two people do it, in harmony, they may think they're both faggots and they won't take either of them. And three people do it, three, can you imagine, three people walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. They may think it's an organization. And can you, can you imagine fifty people a day,I said fifty people a day walking in singin a bar of Alice's Restaurant and walking out. And friends they may thinks it's a movement..."

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

tekshogun wrote:
Interesting article, I see what he is saying, but we'll have to see. If anyone is shooting themselves in the foot, it's anti-gunners. Allowing an erosion of any freedom or right means ALL FREEDOMS AND RIGHTS are subject to legislative, judicial, andrestraint.
I tend to agree with you tek. I believe that it's the anti's that are getting the self inflicted wounds in this battle for public opinion. Everyday that we go out in public OCIng our sidearms we expose the general public to the fact that non-leo citizens CAN go armed in public without any of the horrible events taking place that the anti-gun groups predict "with certainty" will ocur. We are quietly reaking irreparable damage to their credibility.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
I tend to agree with you tek. I believe that it's the anti's that are getting the self inflicted wounds in this battle for public opinion. Everyday that we go out in public OCIng our sidearms we expose the general public to the fact that non-leo citizens CAN go armed in public without any of the horrible events taking place that the anti-gun groups predict "with certainty" will ocur. We are quietly reaking irreparable damage to their credibility.
IMO - only a true masochist would enjoy and endure the level of self-induced pain that they do.

Yata hey

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:
IMO - only a true masochist would enjoy and endure the level of self-induced pain that they do.

Yata hey
It begs one to ask, "Just who are the "nuts" and "whackos", anyway?"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Grapeshot wrote:
Task Force 16 wrote:
tekshogun wrote:

Yata hey
It begs one to ask, "Just who are the "nuts" and "whackos", anyway?"

A Psychiatrist Examines The Anti-Gun Mentality

http://www.vcdl.org/new/raging.htm

Yata hey

Krusty

OC and Womens Suffrage

I guess I equate OC'ing to women voting in America. It's something new and just had not been done before. When women first started voting there was lots of people watching and wondering too. Now that we OC there are lots of people watching and wondering. I guess the difference is that OC is much further up the ladder (Constitution) than Women's Suffrage, but it's still a right, not a privilege that the government was so kind to give us.

PeatMoss

Howdy, ALL!

hey, just got registered, felt compelled, I am Peat, from SE Oklahoma, and want to say "Hello" and Thanks fer havin' me, yup!

In regards to the above song lyrics from "Alice's Restaraunt" . . . Arlo Guthrie, I believe, and like to say that his dad Woody, were both, in their own way, great Americans, Patriots, and Lovers of Freedom, too.

I am scheduled for my Permit, but the local Instructor is down with the Cancer, out of the blue, and hasn't penciled in a return to business date, as of yet. It's hittin' close to home, as Retired Police Sgt. Joe Kirk is my Mom's first cousin, he is family, dammit, his mom, and my granny were sisters, and known 'em all my life. (Kirk's Gun Repair, Bennington, OK)
(wish him a speedy recovery, but a recovery, so help us, Lord.)

But, when carrying, according to Law, the LEO's that I've encountered, twice, 1st time went badly for me, but not too bad, did not go to jail, just got temporarily "cuffed and stuffed" lol. But the second time went by the book, and flawlessly, "here's your firearm sir, have a good evening . . .sorry to bother you, drive careful now"

But, it must be carried in a "locked compartment" and "not within reach of driver", also, MUST NOT HAVE A Chambered round. Only thing that saved me, it is carried in the pickup toolbox, behind the cab, inside a dust proof container, then in a pistol bag, wrapped in a gun rag, reciever locked open, and magazines in a "separate" pocket than the pistol. 2 of the 5 magazines, in that pocket were full (15 rnds ea.) and a full box (9mm 125gr FMJ) was in the same pocket, with the magazines. (total, 80 rnds, on hand, at the time) But, out of my reach when driving, and no round CHAMBERED! Also, I found funny, all the LEO's spent time "sniffing" the pistol, lol, I suppose to verify that I had NOT Shot it, recently, heh, heh. Nope, she was clean, lol.

OK, nuff said, wanted to interduce m'self, and pipe in, and hope the "politshuns" can get their heads on straight, 'fore we hafta take their heads off, lol . . . figuratively speaking, o'course, yup.

Soon as I can, will achieve the Permit I've so longed for, if God wills it, and Joe gets better, and opens up shop again.

Thnks again, fer havin' me, and be seeinya all!

PeatMoss

Last edited:

MKEgal

Hey Peat -
welcome aboard.

I'm curious, why did the LEOs have your pistol out of its happy little legally-locked-away home?
You're under no obligation to let them search your property.
If they have a reason to search, they don't have to ask, and if they have to ask, they don't have a reason.

(Of course, there are some police that say something to the effect of "stuff the 4th Amendment", & I've met some recently, but most follow the law.)

Watch the videos available here: http://flexyourrights.org/

okiephlyer

Welcom aboard Peat,
I live well outside Bryan county but work in Bryan county and travel a lot.
You can find other instructors that run classes if you don't want to wait for your friend. If you want, PM me and I will check with the people I know and see what I can come up with.

PeatMoss

MKE gal, they asked, and I complied, as I was taught. With nothing to hide, I'll let 'em look in my pickup, and in the toolbox, too, no problem, there, lol.

Actually, one is to "declare the firearm" when approached by LEO's, in my understanding.

oklaccer, thnx, fire away, if they are withina certain distance, I'll surely check them out. The reason I wanted to wait on Joe, is, he and know each other, and he is the Police Officer, once upon a time, that ran my "Brady Bill" background checks, when I bought several firearms, also, he told me once, that he would forego the 16 hours of classes, and just do the required paperwork, to get me my Permit.

Thanks again for the welcome, and I'll check back in later today.

SALUTE!

simmonsjoe

Nothing To Hide is a bogus idea.

MKE gal, they asked, and I complied, as I was taught. With nothing to hide, I'll let 'em look in my pickup, and in the toolbox, too, no problem, there, lol.

Actually, one is to "declare the firearm" when approached by LEO's, in my understanding.

oklaccer, thnx, fire away, if they are withina certain distance, I'll surely check them out. The reason I wanted to wait on Joe, is, he and know each other, and he is the Police Officer, once upon a time, that ran my "Brady Bill" background checks, when I bought several firearms, also, he told me once, that he would forego the 16 hours of classes, and just do the required paperwork, to get me my Permit.

Thanks again for the welcome, and I'll check back in later today.

SALUTE!
This bullshit idea of "nothing to hide" is degrading our rights. It is called Privacy. Why in Gods name would only those who AREN'T criminals not want it? "A right un-exercised is a right lost." People seem to forget that the 4th and 5th amendments were meant to protect INNOCENT people.

sultan62

This bullshit idea of "nothing to hide" is degrading our rights. It is called Privacy. Why in Gods name would only those who AREN'T criminals not want it? "A right un-exercised is a right lost." People seem to forget that the 4th and 5th amendments were meant to protect INNOCENT people.

+1

Peat, I think you'll find that most people here agree with simmonsjoe. Why would you consent to have your belongings searched? The best possible outcome is that they find nothing. Just say no in the first place.

PeatMoss

Yes, thank you, for the welcome, and the point you made is valid, good point.

I believe, too, in "Right to Privacy" but, in certain scenarios, refusing to allow a cursory inspection of a vehicle can/will bring unto you more attention, and usually unfavorably.

In my case, there was no search, I told them where, and how my gun was carried, and they confirmed, then returned the pistol, and said, "Have a good evenin . . ."

I feel, in my own best interest, I will allow them to look, and then next time they run across me, in almost every case, they say, "Oh, Peat, Hi, go ahead, go ahead . . ."

In the near future we may face a crisis situation, and it is better to have the Local LEO's, especially the Sheriffs Deputies I know, on my side, so to speak, eh? And I know several of them, either personally, or professionally. A couple, I've known since we were young uns.

I once operated a Rollback Wrecker for a year, and worked closely with alot of LEO's. Made a ton of impounds for them, and cleaned up many, many wrecks. Made some good friends, and contacts, and keep in touch with a few of them, still.

But, generally the Right to Privacy is concrete, but individually flexible, IMO. (I know, that's a contradiction in terms, oxymoronic?)

OK, sorry if I get a bit windy, and thanks again, for the welcome.

Last edited: