• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Telegragh - Growth in USA gun carry led by OpenCarry.org

ccwinstructor

Centurion
Never Give Consent to Search

MKE gal, they asked, and I complied, as I was taught. With nothing to hide, I'll let 'em look in my pickup, and in the toolbox, too, no problem, there, lol.

Actually, one is to "declare the firearm" when approached by LEO's, in my understanding.

oklaccer, thnx, fire away, if they are withina certain distance, I'll surely check them out. The reason I wanted to wait on Joe, is, he and know each other, and he is the Police Officer, once upon a time, that ran my "Brady Bill" background checks, when I bought several firearms, also, he told me once, that he would forego the 16 hours of classes, and just do the required paperwork, to get me my Permit.

Thanks again for the welcome, and I'll check back in later today.

SALUTE!

As MKE gal says, if they don't need your consent, they won't ask, and if they do, do not give it to them. The problem is that you may believe that you have nothing to hide, but that does not make it so. What if a crime had been committed in the area by someone of approximately your description with a firearm that look a bit like yours? What if there is some obscure law that you don't know anything about? For example, in California, I believe that you cannot transport a gun in a "utility compartment" of a motor vehicle, and "utility compartment" is not defined. My point is that you cannot know all the laws or the information that the police have, so the best policy is never to give them permission to search your vehicle.

My brother is a member of a State patrol, and he says that 80% of the people that they convict of crimes would never have been arrested if they just kept their mouth shut and did not give consent to search their vehicles.

eye95

Time to break out this golden oldie:

[video=youtube;6wXkI4t7nuc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc[/video]

PeatMoss

Just got Smarter!

Awesome session. The Professor, well, he's good! I could listen to him for HOURS!

And the Officer, well, at first, I thought ill of his presentation, but, he got me at the end, he did . . . I didn't agree, at first, with his methods, and his loopholes to convict because he could lie, and make unknown phone recordings . . . but doing his job; convict the GUILTY!

It was worth the watch, both those guys have my respect, and I now yearn to learn more of what they know, yup!

Thanks, for enlightening me, I needed it, fer sure! Very interesting, and informing.

Peat