• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kwikrnu handgun carry permit suspended " Threat to Public "

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayspapa

imported post

While I don't agree 100% with what he is doing and think that he is going against the grain of good common sense , if he has followed the law completely in carrying these 2 firearms , he should not be in trouble.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Fallschirmjäger wrote:
So.....

Time to open carry a long arm, since they don't want you carrying a pistol? :cool:
It isn't illegal to open carry a pistol in Belle Meade as long as you do it openly in the hand.I didn't carry under any authority granted by the handgun carry permit.

Hef

imported post

jeepman31 wrote:
I dont have much to say except that you are not helping us at all man. People dont like us to opencarry agun in a holsterand fight to change the law's and here you are with a loaded gun in your hand walking down the road and a AK-47 at the park. You are doing nothing but adding fuel to the fire. Sorry to tell you im glad your handgun carry permit has been suspended.
It's not that he brought an AK to a park. I have no issue with that. It's that he started with a large revolver, publicly stating his intention to elicit a response from LE by OCing a large revolver, and he got none. He then publicly stated he would step up to something more conspicuous - an AK pistol, chosen specifically for it's appearance - to see if THAT would elicit a response.

It did.

For some reason, which Leonard still refuses to give, he also painted the muzzle orange, presumably to make it appear to be an airsoft toy, rather than a real firearm. Why he would deliberately attempt to confuse a real firearm for an airsoft is unknown, but any reasonable person could assume that it would be to gain tactical advantage over an LEO - a possibility that Leonard has affirmed.

While Leonard has committed no crime, he has given more than ample evidence of being a highly unstable person who is looking for a fight with LE. I believe he seeks a situation where he can justify - if not to us all, at least to himself - shooting a police officer "in defense of his rights".

He is a threat to public safety and to the preservation of gun rights.

Hef

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Ahhhh. Here is some helpful information:

http://www.michie.com/tennessee/lpext.dll?f=templates&fn=main-h.htm&cp=tncode

[align=justify]39-17-1352. Suspension or revocation of license. — [Amended effective January 1, 2010. See the Compiler’s Notes.][/align]
[align=justify] (a) The department shall suspend or revoke a handgun permit upon a showing by itsrecords or other sufficient evidence that the permit holder:[/align]
[align=justify](3) Poses a material likelihood of risk of harm to the public;

This would seem to mean that they cannot be totally arbitrary. They must have"a showing by its records" or"sufficient evidence." Plenty slippery, but not a blank check.
[/align]
I'm sure they could easily make their case by submitting all of Leonard's posts here and on Glocktalk as "sufficient evidence".

buzzsaw

imported post

I don't have a dog in this fight but have been following it from the outset. My personal observation is that you folks that are clamoring the loudest against this guy are on the wrong web site. Looks like a Brady bunch gathering to me.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Hef wrote:

It's not that he brought an AK to a park. I have no issue with that. It's that he started with a large revolver, publicly stating his intention to elicit a response from LE by OCing a large revolver, and he got none. He then publicly stated he would step up to something more conspicuous - an AK pistol, chosen specifically for it's appearance - to see if THAT would elicit a response.

It did.

For some reason, which Leonard still refuses to give, he also painted the muzzle orange, presumably to make it appear to be an airsoft toy, rather than a real firearm. Why he would deliberately attempt to confuse a real firearm for an airsoft is unknown, but any reasonable person could assume that it would be to gain tactical advantage over an LEO - a possibility that Leonard has affirmed.

While Leonard has committed no crime, he has given more than ample evidence of being a highly unstable person who is looking for a fight with LE. I believe he seeks a situation where he can justify - if not to us all, at least to himself - shooting a police officer "in defense of his rights".

I have not affirmed anywhere that I was looking for a "tactical advantage" over police. In fact in many posts you will find that I am not a member of the group that says one should resist unlawful arrests.

If open carry is ample evidence that I am unstable then most on this forum are unstable. I open carry, I don't break the law, I have never threatened anyone, and it is irresponsible to claim I am looking to shoot a police officer. What possible reason would I have for doing that?

Facts are that I am a responsible gun owner and carrier of firearms. I have never broke the law while carrying a firearm. I go out of my way to verify the law before I carry, something police do not do before they harrass open carriers. It appears as if Ihave been targeted by the city of Belle Meade or the State of Tennessee for malicious prosecution.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Hef wrote:
Citizen wrote:

[align=justify]39-17-1352. Suspension or revocation of license. — [Amended effective January 1, 2010. See the Compiler’s Notes.][/align]

[align=justify](a) The department shall suspend or revoke a handgun permit upon a showing by itsrecords or other sufficient evidence that the permit holder:[/align]

This would seem to mean that they cannot be totally arbitrary. They must have"a showing by its records" or"sufficient evidence." Plenty slippery, but not a blank check.
[/align]
I'm sure they could easily make their case by submitting all of Leonard's posts here and on Glocktalk as "sufficient evidence".

Sufficient evidence of what? That I do not break the law?

Hef

imported post

buzzsaw wrote:
I don't have a dog in this fight but have been following it from the outset. My personal observation is that you folks that are clamoring the loudest against this guy are on the wrong web site. Looks like a Brady bunch gathering to me.
Read my post again. Everything I said is supported by Leonard's posts here and on Glocktalk. If, after reading all that, you still support him, then you need your head examined.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Hef wrote:
buzzsaw wrote:
Read my post again. Everything I said is supported by Leonard's posts here and on Glocktalk. If, after reading all that, you still support him, then you need your head examined.
So specifically what have I done?

Hef

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Hef wrote:

It did.

I have not affirmed anywhere that I was looking for a "tactical advantage" over police. In fact in many posts you will find that I am not a member of the group that says one should resist unlawful arrests.

If open carry is ample evidence that I am unstable then most on this forum are unstable. I open carry, I don't break the law, I have never threatened anyone, and it is irresponsible to claim I am looking to shoot a police officer. What possible reason would I have for doing that?

Facts are that I am a responsible gun owner and carrier of firearms. I have never broke the law while carrying a firearm. I go out of my way to verify the law before I carry, something police do not do before they harrass open carriers. It appears as if Ihave been targeted by the city of Belle Meade or the State of Tennessee for malicious prosecution.
Now you're lying.

Hef

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Hef wrote:
Citizen wrote:

[align=justify](a) The department shall suspend or revoke a handgun permit upon a showing by itsrecords or other sufficient evidence that the permit holder:[/align]

[/align]

Sufficient evidence that you pose "a material likelihood of risk of harm to the public".

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Hef wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Hef wrote:
Citizen wrote:

[/align]

Sufficient evidence that you pose "a material likelihood of risk of harm to the public".
You claim there is evidence and I asked specifically what that evidence is.

Hef

imported post

No, Leonard. You asked, "evidence of what?", not what that evidence is. Your posts, in combination with your actions, are evidence of the threat you pose.

Archangel

imported post

Hef wrote:
Citizen wrote:

[align=justify] (a) The department shall suspend or revoke a handgun permit upon a showing by itsrecords or other sufficient evidence that the permit holder:[/align]

[/align]
I agree wholeheartedly... This has been a long time coming, and is well deserved.

Many people reading this have not followed kwikrnu's exploits around the gun message boards. He has stated in situations where the police did not respond in a manner he was expecting, he would escalate until they did.

I have said all along he is no help to the pro-gun movement and is just looking for a good lawsuit or his 15 minutes of fame or both. Was he legal in what he was doing? To the technical letter of the law, yes. Does that make it right?

Personally I hope he never gets his license back. Maybe eventually he'll just fade away...

But I am predicting he will continue escalating until something really bad happens and either he is injured or killed and some police officer is left having to live with it.

Flame on...

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Hef wrote:
Everything I said is supported by Leonard's posts here and on Glocktalk. If, after reading all that, you still support him, then you need your head examined.
Everything you have said is not supported by fact. If you have facts state them.

Hef

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Hef wrote:
Everything I said is supported by Leonard's posts here and on Glocktalk. If, after reading all that, you still support him, then you need your head examined.
Everything you have said is not supported by fact. If you have facts state them.
Everything I've said is supported by YOUR OWN POSTS. I'm not going to find each post and quote it - again - for this thread. I'm not going to waste my Saturday on you. I've got things to do.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Hef wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Hef wrote:
Everything I've said is supported by YOUR OWN POSTS. I'm not going to find each post and quote it - again - for this thread. I'm not going to waste my Saturday on you. I've got things to do.
I've done nothing wrong, broken no laws and you simply have no proof to back up your allegations. You talk a good game but when asked to back it up you have nothing.

Hef

imported post

kwikrnu wrote:
Hef wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Hef wrote:
I've done nothing wrong, broken no laws and you simply have no proof to back up your allegations. You talk a good game but when asked to back it up you have nothing.

You have the memory of a goldfish. You've gone through this exact same discussion numerous times, so I see no reason to quote your posts to you again. That horse has been beat to death.

And you still haven't explained why you initially painted only the muzzle orange, and I assume you never will.

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

Hef wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Hef wrote:
kwikrnu wrote:
Hef wrote:

You have the memory of a goldfish. You've gone through this exact same discussion numerous times, so I see no reason to quote your posts to you again. That horse has been beat to death.

And you still haven't explained why you initially painted only the muzzle orange, and I assume you never will.
Painting isn't illegal is that all you have?

Status
Not open for further replies.