• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Kurazzzinneesss on 3rd and James

OrangeIsTrouble

Stoked

imported post

Easy enough...Get on with SPD, try out and get selected for ERT (SWAT to the rest of the world), and wait for a call-out while you're in the gym, right in the middle of your best set of the month:lol:

It doesn't have to be big and scary to do damage or hurt; I've seen IEDs in soda cans.

One question remains- was he indeed a space cowboy? Or was he the gangster of love?

Stretch

imported post

Some people call me the space cowboy...... yeah..... some call me the vampire of love....

Is that how it goes?:celebrate

FMCDH

imported post

Sylvia Plath wrote:
Give the poor man a break--hard times for everyone; including vampires.
Then hes obviously running with the wrong crowds, as Seattle has a fairly large and prosperous "vampire" community.

I think he was probably a disgruntled "familiar". ;)

As for the space cowboy bit...well...by the way he was moving, you could tell he was high in the sky on something.

Bell Town was thick with the "touched" too back when I worked there. Sometimes its funny to watch when you know they are harmless but they are obviously in their own little world with everyone watching. Most of the time, it was just sad.

FMCDH

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
They should be armed with dart guns, just put him to sleep and deal with him when he wakes.
They have them, but this situation didn't call for such a response. Seattle PD did exactly what needed to be done while using the least amount of force necessary.

All kinds of unforeseen complications can happen when you start injecting people with sedatives or electricity. Especially when people are almost obviously high on some sort of drug like this guy.

amzbrady

imported post

IMO, if "something" did happen, who cares. Some people are worthless burdens on society and just a waste of taxpayers money. Either contribute or get off our planet...

FMCDH

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
IMO, if "something" did happen, who cares. Some people are worthless burdens on society and just a waste of taxpayers money. Either contribute or get off our planet...
Yes, some people are. But we don't know who those people are until they have been given proper due process.

It has to apply to us all, or someone will find a way to make sure it doesn't apply to anyone when you may need it most.

Given this guys level of compliance, using any more force than they did would have been unwarranted.

Kudos to SPD this day.

antispam540

imported post

FMCDH wrote:
Kudos to SPD this day.
Yeah, I thought for sure he'd be tasered, although maybe the "bomb" removed tasers from the accepted procedural actions. Speaking of bombs, I want to find a local bomb squad that needs practice devices. I find making timing devices / traps extremely entertaining, but it's a little weird (and probably illegal) to do it without any good reason.

amlevin

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
I find making timing devices / traps extremely entertaining, but it's a little weird (and probably illegal) to do it without any good reason.
Don't know if it is illegal but I guarantee that should certain people find out you could be subject to a lot of attention you don't necessarily want. Since this kind of activity is often associated with Terrorists, some of these people may invoke the Patriot Act (among others) and suddenly a different set of rules apply. Right, wrong, or otherwise I would think you are setting yourself up for unwanted scrutiny just by making this comment in a public forum.

antispam540

imported post

amlevin wrote:
antispam540 wrote:
I find making timing devices / traps extremely entertaining, but it's a little weird (and probably illegal) to do it without any good reason.
Don't know if it is illegal but I guarantee that should certain people find out you could be subject to a lot of attention you don't necessarily want. Since this kind of activity is often associated with Terrorists, some of these people may invoke the Patriot Act (among others) and suddenly a different set of rules apply. Right, wrong, or otherwise I would think you are setting yourself up for unwanted scrutiny just by making this comment in a public forum.
Meh. I run through three secure tunnels over two countries. Nobody's going to know or care who I am. Besides, what's so dangerous about sticking a wire to an alarm clock? I build robots most of the time, and have absolutely no desire to harm people or build things that go boom.

killchain

imported post

Poosharker wrote:
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/87474947.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e5bVA442e8A

5:20 in the video, shorts, short sleeve, tennis shoes, and tactical gear??:celebrate

Where do I sign up for that?!?!?!?!

Also, what would you have done in this situation had you seen a karazzyy guy strapped with tape and a "device" on his arm?

My answer would be "get everyone and run far away".
The Duct Tape Lord just returned from a regional hockey match.