Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sacramento Sit In

Post imported post

Hello all gun enthusiasts and gun lovers alike,

I am proposing a sit in at Starbucks in Sacramento, California in display of our second amendment rights. I am hoping for a group of responsible individuals who would like to have a caramel frap while liberating their rights. The purpose of this sit in would be to 1. Start the process of society to understand and accept that it is really a constitutional amendment now being practiced in Sacramento 2. To educate society and law enforcement alike, about our rights, and most of all 3. To have the protection from others against others and ourselves.

If Sacramento wants to make it virtually impossible to obtain a CCW permit, then we will do the next best thing! Hoping to make the CCW eventually obtainable in Sacramento, we have to start here and now!

For the purposes of being completely righteous and lawful, we must be entirely qualified to attend. This includes being able to purchase a firearm in California, at least 18 years of age and much more. Please view and understand all the rules in practicing our right by reading the California Attorney General firearms sections, and the information provided by this website and its generous subscribers.

No violent or questionable behavior will accepted and will be asked to leave, if our right is being practiced, it can go good or bad, lets stay within the law and completely in the clear. We do not want to give the public the wrong image, lets stay on the side of the public and law enforcement.

Please comment this to get it started. The location and date of the sit in is not yet scheduled due to wanting it to be available to everyone interested.

Thank you.

Post imported post

Edited for temper:

Your choice of locale is patently unwise and ineffectual.

Post imported post

Liberfied! wrote:
    Hello all gun enthusiasts and gun lovers alike,

My name is Garris Hurt and I am proposing a sit in at Starbucks in Sacramento, California in display of our second amendment rights. I am hoping for a group of responsible individuals who would like to have a caramel frap while liberating their rights. The purpose of this sit in would be to 1. Start the process of society to understand and accept that it is really a constitutional amendment now being practiced in Sacramento 2. To educate society and law enforcement alike, about our rights, and most of all 3. To have the protection from others against others and ourselves.

If Sacramento wants to make it virtually impossible to obtain a CCW permit, then we will do the next best thing! Hoping to make the CCW eventually obtainable in Sacramento, we have to start here and now!

For the purposes of being completely righteous and lawful, we must be entirely qualified to attend. This includes being able to purchase a firearm in California, at least 18 years of age and much more. Please view and understand all the rules in practicing our right by reading the California Attorney General firearms sections, and the information provided by this website and its generous subscribers.

No violent or questionable behavior will accepted and will be asked to leave, if our right is being practiced, it can go good or bad, lets stay within the law and completely in the clear. We do not want to give the public the wrong image, lets stay on the side of the public and law enforcement.

Please comment this to get it started. The location and date of the sit in is not yet scheduled due to wanting it to be available to everyone interested.

Thank you.

Post imported post

If this is the right Garris Hurt then we should have some words, sir.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Garri...?id=1776771027

Post imported post

Brazen fool? im not following.

Post imported post

Someone needs to learn you a things or too.

ETA: I wont be attending.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

I'm not going to let my blood turn sour and let you make this any more lousy of a thread than it already is.

If you would like to talk about where you might be lacking in knowledge or awareness of the current climate than you can go ahead and PM me and we can talk on the phone or IM or FB.

Post imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
    If this is the right Garris Hurt then we should have some words, sir.

http://www.facebook.com/people/Garri...?id=1776771027

thats the one, look at his avatar.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

I have educated myself with the Attorney General, this website, California Penal Code, spoke in person with SGT. Davis at Sacramento PD, and understand my rights, im not understanding, are you opposing my rights? or my views? or how it is you feel i came across?

Regular Member coolusername2007's Avatar

Post imported post

Liberfied! wrote:
    I have educated myself with the Attorney General, this website, California Penal Code, spoke in person with SGT. Davis at Sacramento PD, and understand my rights, im not understanding, are you opposing my rights? or my views? or how it is you feel i came across?
    Yeah, but you haven't educated yourself about Starbucks' position. You are being incredibly disrespectful to them for suggesting such an event.
    "Why should judicial precedent bind the nation if the Constitution itself does not?" -- Mark Levin

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

No.

I'm going to go ahead and be rude, you are a ******* if you think signing up and being this much of a brazen fool of ******* in Starbucks' eye after they gave us some measure of support is a good idea.

Then again, you're just a troll, so who cares.

No reason to get so bent out of shape. Calm down and lets educate him instead of being an ass.

To the OP. . . There is no logical reason to protest at a business that already supports our rights. They have asked to not be put in the middle of this debate and we should agree and accommodate.

Allow the Brady Bunch to be the ones looking like irrational extremists instead of us. Respect the businesses that side with us, even if their siding with us is nothing more than not siding against us.

Although open carry is a grassroots group being a team player is crucial to the success of the movement. We can't tell you what to do, but we can refuse to work with you and make that known.

Post imported post

Would it be disrespectful to be ignorant upon Starbucks current position? and to propose something i feel strongly about? Or was i just unaware of them not wanting to get into the middle of this, thank you for explaining the situation, but then again you can **** yourself for coming harshly at me.

Now, with anything else i have so terribly construed and ****** up, would you like to explain it to me in a mature non abrasive adult like way?

Post imported post

Post imported post

I talked to Garris, his heart is in the right place.

I think he isgiving some good thought to making his and other Sac. residents dissaproval of the unwelcoming businesses expressly known through protest.

As I know well enough, youth can sometimes lead to rash action and words, but no harm done.

Carry on.

Post imported post

I take everyones input into consideration and therefore will not practice this at a Starbucks, but i would still like to have a sit in that is permisive to open carry to first see publics reaction, interaction of law enforcement, and feel more confident about open carry. If not a protest, then simply an informative "kick back" to where answers and experience's can be shared to me as well as many other friends who are interested.

Post imported post

This thread nearly gave me a heart attack.

I gotta ask why one would want to sit in on a friendly business...

Also, call me crazy, but I am not very keen on having a bunch of new guys, especially youngbloods, setting up meets. It may seem hypocritical since I am young as well but I think I learned to walk before I decided to run.

Post imported post

Look up

And what does new to this mean? Pertaining to this forum? or to firearms? Lets not decide who has a bigger cock, but i am well educated and experienced with firearms.

Post imported post

Liberfied! wrote:
    I take everyones input into consideration and therefore will not practice this at a Starbucks, but i would still like to have a sit in that is permisive to open carry to first see publics reaction, interaction of law enforcement, and feel more confident about open carry. If not a protest, then simply an informative "kick back" to where answers and experience's can be shared to me as well as many other friends who are interested.
    Read my blog. It's under my name. That will give you everything you want to know. Read everything on californiaopencarry.org.

BTW, before trying to organize what can be seen as a socially and physically dangerous outing, alone or in a group, you need to know EXACTLY what you are doing first.

Post imported post

Liberfied! wrote:
    Look up

And what does new to this mean? Pertaining to this forum? or to firearms? Lets not decide who has a bigger cock, but i am well educated and experienced with firearms.
    I am going to be nice and let you figure it out.

Post imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
    Wow...working his way off my love list.

Post imported post

I am not merely speaking for myself, i am speaking for family and friends who are Active Airforce, Marines etc, all with extended firearm experience. We all want to have a sit in, so its not just a youngbloods input, its group of people 18 to 50 years of age, 50 isnt a youngblood... We have all visted Sac PD, Rancho PD, read open carry info, and have decided we want to learn more and practice it. The blog was not a immature post made by just myself. We are NOT staging some kind of all out protest, just simply trying desperatly to learn more and could not find much in sac, we have read on SAN FRAN, and decided to start it here. The info and videos we have seen show UOC walking around and sitting in restaurants, not with picket signs etc. Therefore we want to just sit down at a "Place" Not indicating Starbucks... and see how it goes, then go on inch by inch.

Post imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
    Wow...working his way off my love list.
    I am responding from a phone. I have not the time nor the patience at the present to rationalize with inherently male ego problems.

Post imported post

Thought this site would be a little more gun owner friendly and rational.

Well thanks anyway

Post imported post

Liberfied! wrote:
    Thought this site would be a little more gun owner friendly and rational.

Well thanks anyway
    Your original post indicated that you wanted to initiate a protest at an already friendly location. That is called ******* off the public and hence my dismay.

You were speaking for yourself by using the first person "I." You included "we" later on when describing the group event you desired to start.

We are very friendly to gun owners, but that is not the issue at hand, for it is gun CARRY in a predominantly hostile environment (socially, legally, etc) that is the issue.

Stick around and learn, should that be your intent.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter bigtoe416's Avatar

Post imported post

It's clear that Liberfied! is extremely interested in open carry, and is probably well-versed when it comes to firearms in general.

There are two things that stands out about this thread for me. One, everybody needs to chill out and relax and calm down. We're all on the same side here, but we're not all the same person. There is little doubt that if you want to talk to people who know the most about open carrying in CA, you come to this forum. Some of the people here have spent a good deal of time, energy, money, and hardship to reach the point where we're at. So, please, for the love of pancakes, lets not start the name calling before we know who's who.

Two, to me a sit-in has always brought to mind a group of individuals taking over a building using passive resistance to make a political point. The idea of having a sit-in at a Starbucks, one of the few businesses that has consistently refused to disparage open carrying, is quite frankly bizarre. Maybe there's some other type of sit-in that I'm not aware of, but I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the people out there would side with my definition of what a sit-in is.

Now if Liberfied! just wants to meet up with somebody in Sacramento who has open carried before and talk about the ins and outs of it, then that's an entirely different matter. If Liberfied! wants to organize a meetup in Sacramento, that's going to be very hard to do when he has zero credibility on this forum. That's just the way it works on this forum Lib, no offense is intended.

There are a lot of people who'd prefer that we not open carry, so we have to make sure that people are legit before we can start trusting them. If somebody with several hundred posts who lots of people have met and who seems to be on the level organizes a meetup, then it'll probably go off without a hitch. If any new person joins and seems aggressive and wants to organize a meetup, it probably will never be attended.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast