• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sacramento Sit In

Liberfied!

imported post

Hello all gun enthusiasts and gun lovers alike,

I am proposing a sit in at Starbucks in Sacramento, California in display of our second amendment rights. I am hoping for a group of responsible individuals who would like to have a caramel frap while liberating their rights. The purpose of this sit in would be to 1. Start the process of society to understand and accept that it is really a constitutional amendment now being practiced in Sacramento 2. To educate society and law enforcement alike, about our rights, and most of all 3. To have the protection from others against others and ourselves.

If Sacramento wants to make it virtually impossible to obtain a CCW permit, then we will do the next best thing! Hoping to make the CCW eventually obtainable in Sacramento, we have to start here and now!

For the purposes of being completely righteous and lawful, we must be entirely qualified to attend. This includes being able to purchase a firearm in California, at least 18 years of age and much more. Please view and understand all the rules in practicing our right by reading the California Attorney General firearms sections, and the information provided by this website and its generous subscribers.

No violent or questionable behavior will accepted and will be asked to leave, if our right is being practiced, it can go good or bad, lets stay within the law and completely in the clear. We do not want to give the public the wrong image, lets stay on the side of the public and law enforcement.

Please comment this to get it started. The location and date of the sit in is not yet scheduled due to wanting it to be available to everyone interested.

Thank you.

SouthBayr

imported post

Liberfied! wrote:
Hello all gun enthusiasts and gun lovers alike,

My name is Garris Hurt and I am proposing a sit in at Starbucks in Sacramento, California in display of our second amendment rights. I am hoping for a group of responsible individuals who would like to have a caramel frap while liberating their rights. The purpose of this sit in would be to 1. Start the process of society to understand and accept that it is really a constitutional amendment now being practiced in Sacramento 2. To educate society and law enforcement alike, about our rights, and most of all 3. To have the protection from others against others and ourselves.

If Sacramento wants to make it virtually impossible to obtain a CCW permit, then we will do the next best thing! Hoping to make the CCW eventually obtainable in Sacramento, we have to start here and now!

For the purposes of being completely righteous and lawful, we must be entirely qualified to attend. This includes being able to purchase a firearm in California, at least 18 years of age and much more. Please view and understand all the rules in practicing our right by reading the California Attorney General firearms sections, and the information provided by this website and its generous subscribers.

No violent or questionable behavior will accepted and will be asked to leave, if our right is being practiced, it can go good or bad, lets stay within the law and completely in the clear. We do not want to give the public the wrong image, lets stay on the side of the public and law enforcement.

Please comment this to get it started. The location and date of the sit in is not yet scheduled due to wanting it to be available to everyone interested.

Thank you.
BangHead.gif

dirtykoala

imported post

Someone needs to learn you a things or too.

ETA: I wont be attending.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

I'm not going to let my blood turn sour and let you make this any more lousy of a thread than it already is.

If you would like to talk about where you might be lacking in knowledge or awareness of the current climate than you can go ahead and PM me and we can talk on the phone or IM or FB.

Liberfied!

imported post

I have educated myself with the Attorney General, this website, California Penal Code, spoke in person with SGT. Davis at Sacramento PD, and understand my rights, im not understanding, are you opposing my rights? or my views? or how it is you feel i came across?

coolusername2007

imported post

Liberfied! wrote:
I have educated myself with the Attorney General, this website, California Penal Code, spoke in person with SGT. Davis at Sacramento PD, and understand my rights, im not understanding, are you opposing my rights? or my views? or how it is you feel i came across?
Yeah, but you haven't educated yourself about Starbucks' position. You are being incredibly disrespectful to them for suggesting such an event.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
No.

I'm going to go ahead and be rude, you are a jackass if you think signing up and being this much of a brazen fool of pissing in Starbucks' eye after they gave us some measure of support is a good idea.

Then again, you're just a troll, so who cares.
No reason to get so bent out of shape. Calm down and lets educate him instead of being an ass.

To the OP. . . There is no logical reason to protest at a business that already supports our rights. They have asked to not be put in the middle of this debate and we should agree and accommodate.

Allow the Brady Bunch to be the ones looking like irrational extremists instead of us. Respect the businesses that side with us, even if their siding with us is nothing more than not siding against us.

Although open carry is a grassroots group being a team player is crucial to the success of the movement. We can't tell you what to do, but we can refuse to work with you and make that known.

Liberfied!

imported post

Would it be disrespectful to be ignorant upon Starbucks current position? and to propose something i feel strongly about? Or was i just unaware of them not wanting to get into the middle of this, thank you for explaining the situation, but then again you can **** yourself for coming harshly at me.

Now, with anything else i have so terribly construed and ****** up, would you like to explain it to me in a mature non abrasive adult like way?

heliopolissolutions

imported post

I talked to Garris, his heart is in the right place.

I think he isgiving some good thought to making his and other Sac. residents dissaproval of the unwelcoming businesses expressly known through protest.

As I know well enough, youth can sometimes lead to rash action and words, but no harm done.

Carry on.

Liberfied!

imported post

I take everyones input into consideration and therefore will not practice this at a Starbucks, but i would still like to have a sit in that is permisive to open carry to first see publics reaction, interaction of law enforcement, and feel more confident about open carry. If not a protest, then simply an informative "kick back" to where answers and experience's can be shared to me as well as many other friends who are interested.

pullnshoot25

imported post

This thread nearly gave me a heart attack.

I gotta ask why one would want to sit in on a friendly business...

Also, call me crazy, but I am not very keen on having a bunch of new guys, especially youngbloods, setting up meets. It may seem hypocritical since I am young as well but I think I learned to walk before I decided to run.

Liberfied!

imported post

Look up

And what does new to this mean? Pertaining to this forum? or to firearms? Lets not decide who has a bigger cock, but i am well educated and experienced with firearms.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Liberfied! wrote:
I take everyones input into consideration and therefore will not practice this at a Starbucks, but i would still like to have a sit in that is permisive to open carry to first see publics reaction, interaction of law enforcement, and feel more confident about open carry. If not a protest, then simply an informative "kick back" to where answers and experience's can be shared to me as well as many other friends who are interested.

Read my blog. It's under my name. That will give you everything you want to know. Read everything on californiaopencarry.org.

BTW, before trying to organize what can be seen as a socially and physically dangerous outing, alone or in a group, you need to know EXACTLY what you are doing first.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Liberfied! wrote:
Look up

And what does new to this mean? Pertaining to this forum? or to firearms? Lets not decide who has a bigger cock, but i am well educated and experienced with firearms.

I am going to be nice and let you figure it out.