• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Sacramento Sit In

Liberfied!

imported post

I am not merely speaking for myself, i am speaking for family and friends who are Active Airforce, Marines etc, all with extended firearm experience. We all want to have a sit in, so its not just a youngbloods input, its group of people 18 to 50 years of age, 50 isnt a youngblood... We have all visted Sac PD, Rancho PD, read open carry info, and have decided we want to learn more and practice it. The blog was not a immature post made by just myself. We are NOT staging some kind of all out protest, just simply trying desperatly to learn more and could not find much in sac, we have read on SAN FRAN, and decided to start it here. The info and videos we have seen show UOC walking around and sitting in restaurants, not with picket signs etc. Therefore we want to just sit down at a "Place" Not indicating Starbucks... and see how it goes, then go on inch by inch.

pullnshoot25

imported post

Liberfied! wrote:
Thought this site would be a little more gun owner friendly and rational.

Well thanks anyway

Your original post indicated that you wanted to initiate a protest at an already friendly location. That is called pissing off the public and hence my dismay.

You were speaking for yourself by using the first person "I." You included "we" later on when describing the group event you desired to start.

We are very friendly to gun owners, but that is not the issue at hand, for it is gun CARRY in a predominantly hostile environment (socially, legally, etc) that is the issue.

Stick around and learn, should that be your intent.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

It's clear that Liberfied! is extremely interested in open carry, and is probably well-versed when it comes to firearms in general.

There are two things that stands out about this thread for me. One, everybody needs to chill out and relax and calm down. We're all on the same side here, but we're not all the same person. There is little doubt that if you want to talk to people who know the most about open carrying in CA, you come to this forum. Some of the people here have spent a good deal of time, energy, money, and hardship to reach the point where we're at. So, please, for the love of pancakes, lets not start the name calling before we know who's who.

Two, to me a sit-in has always brought to mind a group of individuals taking over a building using passive resistance to make a political point. The idea of having a sit-in at a Starbucks, one of the few businesses that has consistently refused to disparage open carrying, is quite frankly bizarre. Maybe there's some other type of sit-in that I'm not aware of, but I'd be willing to bet that 90% of the people out there would side with my definition of what a sit-in is.

Now if Liberfied! just wants to meet up with somebody in Sacramento who has open carried before and talk about the ins and outs of it, then that's an entirely different matter. If Liberfied! wants to organize a meetup in Sacramento, that's going to be very hard to do when he has zero credibility on this forum. That's just the way it works on this forum Lib, no offense is intended.

There are a lot of people who'd prefer that we not open carry, so we have to make sure that people are legit before we can start trusting them. If somebody with several hundred posts who lots of people have met and who seems to be on the level organizes a meetup, then it'll probably go off without a hitch. If any new person joins and seems aggressive and wants to organize a meetup, it probably will never be attended.

NINJA LOAD

imported post

first of all, we were going to call establishments who wouldn't mind[/b] us having a "sit in"(including StarBucks) and also to find local law enforcement jurisdiction and let them know about our scheduled “sit in”. Second, were not here to protest said right, only exercise it for the better knowledge of our home. Third, this was supposed to be a friendly and educational experience, so if anyone has a problem with it, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, and don’t show up, we don’t need anyone flooding this thread with wise ass people who have nothing better to do but complain. Fourth, we know and understand our rights for UOC, so we don’t need any rude comments on how we don’t know anything, Liberfied! Is the youngest and was told to find friendly people who share our common goal. If there is any GENERAL issue that we should know from past experiences or small print writing, please let us know, and don’t be an ass.

SouthBayr

imported post

NINJA LOAD wrote:
first of all, we were going to call establishments who wouldn't mind[/b] us having a "sit in"(including StarBucks) and also to find local law enforcement jurisdiction and let them know about our scheduled “sit in”.   Second, were not here to protest said right, only exercise it for the better knowledge of our home.  Third, this was supposed to be a friendly and educational experience, so if anyone has a problem with it, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, and don’t show up, we don’t need anyone flooding this thread with wise ass people who have nothing better to do but complain.  Fourth, we know and understand our rights for UOC, so we don’t need any rude comments on how we don’t know anything, Liberfied! Is the youngest and was told to find friendly people who share our common goal.   If there is any GENERAL issue that we should know from past experiences or small print writing, please let us know, and don’t be an ass.
I'd suggest you move the location to a Peet's Coffee instead. You might actually get some to show up.

JJ

imported post

The established people on this forum just don't want a bunch of amateurs, new to UOC, who haven't done their homework, get a friendly business like Starbucks to adopt a policy of no guns.

Starbucks has politely asked not to be put in the middle of the pro-gun / anti-gun debate.

We have all (mostly) agreed to not have any more large meet-ups or demonstrations at Starbucks out of respect of their wishes.

When you say "sit-in" that conjures up visions of some type of protest. This is the last thing we wpould want done at Starbucks, as they have been very respectful of our rights and we don't want that to change. They (Starbucks) are already under intense pressure from The Brady Campaign to ban guns from their stores. We do not want to give them reason to side with the Brady Bunch.

Starbucks just wants to run their business with as little drama and disruption as possible.

bigtoe416

imported post

NINJA LOAD wrote:
first of all, we were going to call establishments who wouldn't mind us having a "sit in"(including StarBucks) and also to find local law enforcement jurisdiction and let them know about our scheduled “sit in”.
Don't call it a sit-in then unless you hope to confuse people about what you're trying to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sit-in

Second, were not here to protest said right, only exercise it for the better knowledge of our home. Third, this was supposed to be a friendly and educational experience, so if anyone has a problem with it, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, and don’t show up, we don’t need anyone flooding this thread with wise ass people who have nothing better to do but complain. Fourth, we know and understand our rights for UOC, so we don’t need any rude comments on how we don’t know anything, Liberfied! Is the youngest and was told to find friendly people who share our common goal. If there is any GENERAL issue that we should know from past experiences or small print writing, please let us know, and don’t be an ass.
I'm not following on how you intend to have a friendly experience when you intend to suppress any opposing comments, then tell people how you don't need any rude comments, then say how you know and understand your rights for UOC (BTW, you don't have any legal rights to UOC in this state), then ask for information that could prove useful, and then roughly ask responders to not "be an ass".

Seems that this aggressive attitude may have worked well in the past, I think it'd behoove you to rethink your tactics on this board though, especially when you're looking to make friends and not enemies.

yelohamr

imported post

NINJA LOAD wrote:
first of all, we were going to call establishments who wouldn't mind[/b] us having a "sit in"(including StarBucks) and also to find local law enforcement jurisdiction and let them know about our scheduled “sit in”. Second, were not here to protest said right, only exercise it for the better knowledge of our home. Third, this was supposed to be a friendly and educational experience, so if anyone has a problem with it, KEEP IT TO YOURSELF, and don’t show up, we don’t need anyone flooding this thread with wise ass people who have nothing better to do but complain. Fourth, we know and understand our rights for UOC, so we don’t need any rude comments on how we don’t know anything, Liberfied! Is the youngest and was told to find friendly people who share our common goal. If there is any GENERAL issue that we should know from past experiences or small print writing, please let us know, and don’t be an ass.
You asked for it. BTW how much is the Brady Campaign paying.

NINJA LOAD

imported post

A “sit in” is type of protest but a non aggressive one, only to inform people of our right, and that this is our home too. You can disagree all you want, but all I’m hearing from people replying on this post is antagonistic banter. If you think that I am aggressive, then Im sorry that I have not learned to be soft and allow opinionated critics to freely insult something I feel strongly about, I guess I just never learned to be soft when I spent most of my time fighting for your rights to do so on the battle field.

pullnshoot25

imported post

NINJA LOAD wrote:
A “sit in” is type of protest but a non aggressive one, only to inform people of our right, and that this is our home too.  You can disagree all you want, but all I’m hearing from people replying on this post is antagonistic banter.   If you think that I am aggressive, then Im sorry that I have not learned to be soft and allow opinionated critics to freely insult something I feel strongly about, I guess I just never learned to be soft when I spent most of my time fighting for your rights to do so on the battle field.

Why protest at a friendly business? Why not have a sit in at peets or cpk? What part of "we don't want to be in the middle of this" don't people get?

If liberfied wants a discussion, then throw a bbq at a house and have a roundtable discussion. Geez.

bigtoe416

imported post

NINJA LOAD wrote:
A “sit in” is type of protest but a non aggressive one, only to inform people of our right, and that this is our home too. You can disagree all you want, but all I’m hearing from people replying on this post is antagonistic banter. If you think that I am aggressive, then Im sorry that I have not learned to be soft and allow opinionated critics to freely insult something I feel strongly about, I guess I just never learned to be soft when I spent most of my time fighting for your rights to do so on the battle field.
Like I said, maybe I'm misinformed on sit-ins, but I can only find references to sit-ins being used at places where the people doing the sitting weren't wanted. The civil rights movement to promote race equality in the 60s is the typical example. Blacks sat in on restaurants who wouldn't serve them or wouldn't serve them in an equal manner.

I hope I'm not coming off as antagonistic, I'm really trying to level with you and be up front about things. New members are almost always welcomed slowly into the group. You're new: stick around, help some less-informed people, talk politics. We'll probably all end up getting along swimmingly. Then we can all hang out and shoot the breeze and so on. The last thing any of us want is to be invited to a meetup where the majority of the people there are an unknown factor. Nobody wants to deal with an agent provocateur, or an investigator into how well we know the laws, or a brady member looking to screw us somehow.

We all just want to go about our daily lives and occasionally meet with other like-minded people to discuss ways of restoring our country to the way it was supposed to be. I'm sure you guys are the same way.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, look around...there's a lot of random info. You might also want to check out calguns.net for more general California/gun info.

NINJA LOAD

imported post

No actually Liberfied is my younger brother. And the idea is not to protest against StarBucks but the ignorance of people not knowing our right to do so, and I made it very clear that we are going to find out who will be ok to have us.. WERE NOT PROTESTERS. We want to carry our guns, and tell everyone that its ok. So if you don’t want to come, then too bad for you, cause walking around with a gun makes me feel safe, even though I’m not in Iraq at the moment, I just do.