• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Tonight Henderson Fair!

GoDSpeeD

imported post

Would have if someone would have emailed me about the fair. I could have put it on the calendar!!!!! I've been busy and haven't got to check the forums.

GoDSpeeD

greengum

imported post

Yes it is. I will be back on Sunday and doing the strip tonight. I oc'd the whole time, got some comments and walked past 2 cops. Pretty uneventful until I owned the balloons with my darts and won an elephant!

doninvegas

imported post

Very cool....I also rode down there and had no problems....I think Henderson has accepted the change....

Something very interesting happened to me yesterday…I was in ATT on Sunrise and Stephaney to look at a new phone. The place was packed…..I noticed a guy OCing.. I ask him if he had any problems with it in Henderson, he smiled and no I am a Henderson cop and pulled his shirt up a little more exposing his badge…the assistant manager walked over and ask him to please cover his gun as it was scaring some of the people in the store. I was carrying on my belt my sig 232 which was exposed also, but not as noticeable as his big Berretta. I just pulled my vest over the gun and continued on…he never said a word to me…The cop moved his badge to the side with his gun and all was well…
The cop had no problem with me OCing or with me covering it up. I did tell the cop I also had a CCW…
I didn’t feel the manager was against us carrying guns, more in upsetting his costumers…
Just a little positive story….

Vegassteve

imported post

doninvegas wrote:

Sorry but there is very little positive about your story. I would have told the mgr that the other people in the storescare me. There level of fear has no bearing on my rights. You dont know if there is a felon in the store or the background of any of those people so they should scare you. If the mgr didnt want you in the store they could have said as much.

Vegassteve

imported post

And I should also point out that in many of these cases the Mgr is using the customer angle is not true. I have been in many stores like this and never have I seen a customer complain about alot of things to a mgr, be it a screaming baby or a mwag or a rude person etc.. Let alone MULTIPLE people complain. This is just a passive aggressive way for MGRS to assert themselves. You know a sort of do it for the children thing.

doninvegas

imported post

GoDSpeeD wrote:
I agree with vegassteve. I'm more for rights and less about what other people "feel".

GoDSpeeD
The positive part of this story was that the Henderson Leo accepted the fact I was OCing and was in agreeance with what we were doing…..
As for the manager, He also has Rights, and if I expect him to respect mine, I should also respect his…
If he don't like some one in his store he has the Right under the law to ask them to leave...
God Bless America and all our rights...

Vegassteve

imported post

doninvegas wrote:
GoDSpeeD wrote:
I agree with vegassteve. I'm more for rights and less about what other people "feel".

GoDSpeeD
The positive part of this story was that the Henderson Leo accepted the fact I was OCing and was in agreeance with what we were doing…..
As for the manager, He also has Rights, and if I expect him to respect mine, I should also respect his…
If he don't like some one in his store he has the Right under the law to ask them to leave...
God Bless America and all our rights...

Here is the neg that out did the pos. The mgr did not ask you to leave correct? He asked you to cover. The cop did not cover but used his badge as leverage. Leverage you dont have. If the mgr had wanted you to leave he would have said so. The mere sight of a gun must not have been soooo horrible as the cop was allowed to still OC.His badge does not trump your rights. As I see it in these sort of things you have 2 choices. If the MGR asks me to cover up because some pansy is scared I ask who and then I have said well they scare me because I dont know them that has worked in the past. Or I have asked if they wish me to leave, if they say yes I do report them to a higher person in the company and explain why I will not do any more shopping with them. And that has also worked.

The mgr in no way respected your rights. Sorry if this sounds like I am being harsh to you but your just the latest example of this.

gmijackso

imported post

This story has brought something to my mind. If you're in a privately owned business, is it really illegal to conceal carry without a permit? Before answering, consider that it is NOT illegal to conceal carry in my home without a permit. I believe that it is also not illegal to conceal carry as a guest in somebody else's home without a permit.?. I also believe that it is not illegal to conceal carry in your own private business without a permit.

Just a thinker...

doninvegas

imported post

CCW has different rules....I have carried a gun almost every day for over 40+ years and never once have i been arrested for doing so. I was always told concealed ment concealed. I would say, 98% of the time no one ever knew i had a gun...whether it be in some ones home or there Bar or restaurant or store...

But as long as i can remember, clear back into the early 50's, if some one walked down the street or into a store with a gun on there hip, some one called the law...

This movement for Open carry is not new, nor is it any different than what was going on in the late 40's and 50's....... Guns will always be a part of the American way....
Guns don't change....People do....

Semper Fi

doninvegas

imported post

gmijackso wrote:
This story has brought something to my mind. If you're in a privately owned business, is it really illegal to conceal carry without a permit? Before answering, consider that it is NOT illegal to conceal carry in my home without a permit. I believe that it is also not illegal to conceal carry as a guest in somebody else's home without a permit.?. I also believe that it is not illegal to conceal carry in your own private business without a permit.

Just a thinker...
Think about this...In your home you can smoke, run around Naked, cuss your wife out or spank your child for being bad....In a public place all these actions have laws preventing them...

Just a thought....:what:

Joe Bullet

imported post

doninvegas wrote:
Very cool....I also rode down there and had no problems....I think Henderson has accepted the change....

Something very interesting happened to me yesterday…I was in ATT on Sunrise and Stephaney to look at a new phone. The place was packed…..I noticed a guy OCing.. I ask him if he had any problems with it in Henderson, he smiled and no I am a Henderson cop and pulled his shirt up a little more exposing his badge…the assistant manager walked over and ask him to please cover his gun as it was scaring some of the people in the store. I was carrying on my belt my sig 232 which was exposed also, but not as noticeable as his big Berretta. I just pulled my vest over the gun and continued on…he never said a word to me…The cop moved his badge to the side with his gun and all was well…
The cop had no problem with me OCing or with me covering it up. I did tell the cop I also had a CCW…
I didn’t feel the manager was against us carrying guns, more in upsetting his costumers…

I find this attitude laughable. Who cares what the cop was cool with? You act as if you're a child seeking his approval. Is he your father? Is he somehow your superior? Did you make sure to tell him you drove the speed limit to get to the store? Ridiculous. You have broken no law and were well within your rights to open carry.

It is this type of backwards attitude that only serves to stifle the open carry "movement". Too many people on this forum are far to busy seeking the approval of LEO's. These people are like you or I; they performtheir job. That's all. They are not special because they wear a police uniform. Would you care what your mailman thinks of your open carry? How about what theUPS man thinks? LEO's are not lawyers; they are not lawmakers.Wake up, this is your right! This is the LAW! It doesn't matter if they approve or not.

LEO are paid and sworn to uphold said law and toprotect you and your rights. By giving the impression that your seeking their approval and or permissiononly emboldensthat handful of cops who continue to violate the law with total impunitywhen is comesto open carry.

:banghead:

flagellum

imported post

Woah, Don't pounce on the poor fellow. I think the point of the story was to say that the cops accepted OC/CC, not that he NEEDED the cop to accept it.

I think it hurts OC more when people go spouting "MAH RIGHTS" in peoples face then trying to act civil with them.

greengum

imported post

Well he is from the bay area in Kalifornia. Seriously though you Nevada guys have no idea how good we have it here. I went from having to google earth everywhere I went to make sure I was not within 1000 ft. of a school, being threatened multiple times that if confronted by a LEO I would be arrested, all with an UNLOADED weapon.

The fact remains that we all have our state battles with our Rights. The problem of course is the mind set of the people who make up our states. This cop in this post accepted it. He is a citizen of this state. This is a good thing. In Kalifornia most people do not accept it which is what makes getting any possible legislation passed very hard.

Random quote of the day time!

In the words of Micheal Badnarik "The only reason I have any of my Rights is that the government is not big enough to take them away or to shut me up".