• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

San Diego meetup

RMafera

imported post

Dang!

This was such a bad weekend for me to go with you guys (finals next week)! However, I was OCing in Hillcrest/North Park while studying and all went great. Two LEOs drove by, looked at my gun and then just drive off :) I was with you guys in spirit.

I went to Clair de Lune's, Filter and Heaven Sent Desserts. Both were more than happy to have a UOCer in their store! Please patronize these businesses!

Any other OC meetups in San Diego soon?

- Mafera

Chunna

imported post

Hey man..! I live in North Park so if you're ever in the area just for a coffee and to O/C, don't hesitate to hit me up. I live near texas and El Cajon. But today was a good day out there for us. 5 of us showed up, walked around for about an hour or so, had some lunch... had a LOT of stares but, no Police interaction, which is sorta what I was hoping for. Was my first event and wanted to be with some vets for my first confrontation but, I got the jist of it now. But yeah man, if you know anyone else that wants to, or if ya just want to kick it, let me know!

leoffensive

imported post

yea id definitely be up for little meetups like today.

haha btw gundude im stealing that picture for my facebook!

it looks like a Reservoir Dogs style picture haha

Palecon

imported post

Just now reading about the meet. I was seriously out of commission anyway. I know that area down on the embarcadero, that is a great place to have another meet some time.

Across the st from midway is fed property (Navy) Any issue with that at all.

Hope all went well

Hey, More Notice Next Time, Please...p

mjones

imported post

PaleoCon wrote:
Across the st from midway is fed property (Navy) Any issue with that at all.
There might be issues on Navy property if its associated with an actual Navy Base. For example, Edwards AFB is a gun-free zone for the entire installation, but in some instances you travel many miles before you even get to a controlled entry point.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Glad to hear that you guys has a good meetup. I'm rather upset that there isn't a picture of Gundude holding his socks though.

Gundude

imported post

bigtoe416 wrote:
Glad to hear that you guys has a good meetup. I'm rather upset that there isn't a picture of Gundude holding his socks though.
You're upset? I'm upset.

snip from Chewy:
Well I didn't know you had others. In that case I'll see you Sunday. BTW I'll have your socks for you but......

He always has some weenie excuse for not delivering.

1245A Defender

imported post

Chunna wrote:
Hey man..! I live in North Park so if you're ever in the area just for a coffee and to O/C, don't hesitate to hit me up. I live near texas and El Cajon. But today was a good day out there for us. 5 of us showed up, walked around for about an hour or so, had some lunch... had a LOT of stares but, no Police interaction, which is sorta what I was hoping for. Was my first event and wanted to be with some vets for my first confrontation but, I got the jist of it now. But yeah man, if you know anyone else that wants to, or if ya just want to kick it, let me know!
in 1972 when i was in the navy,, i lived two blocks south of el cajon on texas in apts, that were two ells with a swimming pool and a parking lot in back.
two blocks from safeway
wish i were fighting the fight with you guys down there but i got out and i got it good up here in washington,, home state!

write back if youre there