Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Designate location using code

Post imported post

Just curious. Why not have designated locations, be it a Starbucks, or other establishment, in code?

For example, "Area 51" could be Starbucks at Capitol Exp./McLaughlin SJ

Or. "Area Green 101" could be Starbucks at 1st and San Fernando. SJ

Or."Area Zebra One" could be - (fill in your location etc, etc, etc.)

Coded areas would be privy to OCDO only via PM or on the forum.

If someone would make a list of say, 25 popular locations, with each one having a code, then the BB would not be able to make a stink while a meet is taking place. Now, I understand there may be a BB spy amongst us, so if there is and the code place is given out, then we would have to scrap the whole idea. And if that person in charge of creating a list were to research each site as far as distances to restricted zones, that would make it easier for attendees not having to worry about those zones.

This idea is for general meets only where expected OC members might exceed, say, 15 people or so. For individuals wishing to OC at a retail site, they wouldn't really need a code as the BB is probably not interested in just a couple of people getting together for a cup or two. For example, I OC at a In-N-Out recently. No big deal, just went in and out with no problems. If I had wanted an OC friendto meet me there, I would not mention it here, just PM or phone.

Any ideas or comments?

Post imported post

It could work and might be a good idea.

The way I see it is that there needs to be a "master key" person that holds the codes and changes them on a periodic basis and distributes them to "slave key" holders.

It could even be done by way of a website where you have to enter a special code/username to decode the code.

Just my .02. I think N6ATF is THE guy for this sort of thing.

Post imported post

I feel justified in my paranoia, but I really would not be concerned about the BB.

I would argue its more the LEO you should be concerned about.

Honestly, we aren't a subterfugeous bunch, by virtue of our activities we are a little more overt than that. I see no particular need for the masonic or nato-esquecodes.

I'd support an OCDO secret handshake though! :celebrate

Post imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
    I feel justified in my paranoia, but I really would not be concerned about the BB.

Honestly, we aren't a subterfugeous bunch, by virtue of our activities we are a little more overt than that. I see no particular need for the masonic or nato-esquecodes.

Rad.

BTW, PM inbound.

Post imported post

I'm allowed to makeup words. Damnit.

Post imported post

I'm allowed to makeup words. Damnit.
    I think it is cool.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

We already have one...don't you know it?
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
    That is cold-blooded...

Post imported post

I have never been concerned about the LEO. Being an ex LEO during times when OC was not popular, or known as it is now, I probably would react different if I had a call of MWG at a store. But seriously, an LEO today that has no idea of what is happening across the nation with the OC movement must have been hiding in a cave the last few years or so. All the LEOs I've met, or have had contact with, or just conversed with are aware of 2A rights and what OC is all about. They know the difference betweenof a law-abiding individual exercising his or her rights sipping coffee at a Starbucks at 4pmand the report of an individual at a 7-11 at 3am wearing a hooded coat and having a gun in his hand.

So LEOs, I have no fear. I just make sure I make no moves that would cause the LEO to have a concern of my intention. It's the BB that seems to be the group more vocal and in today's news re: their protesting about people like you and I that have me concerned. They are the ones that may havethe power to someday derail our whole movement. By having meets without them being there with their signs and vocal objections while being covered by media will serve the cause better, imho, of course.

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter Sons of Liberty's Avatar

Post imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
    That is cold-blooded...
    After your 300th post, we let you in. But before you are found worthy to know, you must pass theinitiation, whichinvolves King Neptune, two dead fish, and a gauntlet of fire extinguishers! :what:
    Clinging to God & Guns: The Constitution Restoration Project

Post imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
    That is cold-blooded...
    Glad I sitll have my Buck Rodgers secret decoder ring.
    A citizen may not be required to offer a ―good and substantial reason-- why he should be permitted to exercise his rights. The right‘s existence is all the reason he needs.

Post imported post

What about trying to keep large meets to parks? Brady won't get to far holding signs at a park with little traffic.
    When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty.

Post imported post

A park with BBQ grills! Yum! :celebrate
    Gun control isn't about guns -- it is about control.

Post imported post

is Arnolds' front yard, a park??
    EMNofSeattle wrote: Your idea of freedom terrifies me. So you are actually right. I am perfectly happy with what you call tyranny.....

“If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin.”

Stand up for your Rights,, They have no authority on their own...

All power is inherent in the people,
    it is their right and duty to be at all times ARMED!

Post imported post

Hasn't anyone thought of this?
    We can use our secret UOC decoder rings.
    Rich Keagy
    www.esmeralda.cc

Post imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
    After your 300th post, we let you in. But before you are found worthy to know, you must pass theinitiation, whichinvolves King Neptune, two dead fish, and a gauntlet of fire extinguishers! :what:
    I think I saw that on Sponge Bob Square Pants :P

Banned

Post imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
    It could work and might be a good idea.

The way I see it is that there needs to be a "master key" person that holds the codes and changes them on a periodic basis and distributes them to "slave key" holders.

It could even be done by way of a website where you have to enter a special code/username to decode the code.

Just my .02. I think N6ATF is THE guy for this sort of thing.
    Tee hee.

Post imported post

You guys might want to think about twitter. Just don't let the account's out to the general public. Make one person in charge and send the account out in a PM. Everyone will have to create there own account. Then set it up for tweets to be sent to your phone. That way if you have to change locations on the fly someone can send out a tweet and hit everyone at once.
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Banned

Post imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
    You guys might want to think about twitter. Just don't let the account's out to the general public. Make one person in charge and send the account out in a PM. Everyone will have to create there own account. Then set it up for tweets to be sent to your phone. That way if you have to change locations on the fly someone can send out a tweet and hit everyone at once.
    I think I proposed this before, didn't seem like it was going to work, forget why. But yes, it could be set up to have one account that is protected, and everybody approved to follow it can also send tweets to the rest of the group.

Post imported post

Sounds like this wants to be a secret society. Why?

My opinion, if you feel so intimidated about confrontation whether by the BB or LEA's, then maybe one shouldn't UOC. This doesn't sound like a group who wants to be secret about anything, at least that's what I thought.

Banned

Post imported post

SouthBayr wrote:

My opinion, if you feel so intimidated about confrontation whether by the BB or LEA's, then maybe one shouldn't UOC. This doesn't sound like a group who wants to be secret about anything, at least that's what I thought.
    The Bradys and their ilk are getting desperate. Donations falling, funding sources drying up... to justify their continued existence and get money flowing back in, there are only a few things left for them to do. And I don't see many that are legal.

It's prudent to avoid confrontations with fanatical traitors.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

N6ATF wrote:
    SouthBayr wrote:

The Bradys and their ilk are getting desperate. Donations falling, funding sources drying up... to justify their continued existence and get money flowing back in, there are only a few things left for them to do. And I don't see many that are legal.

It's prudent to avoid confrontations with fanatical traitors.
    The reason is to prevent a likely disastrous confrontation by the Brady people.

Here is my latest concept.

Here is what we should be doing.

• Get to know the open carriers in your area.
    • Communicate your small events via private methods (phones, IM, Twitter, etc.)
    • Meet spontaneously in groups no larger than 3 or 4 carriers.
    • Meet more often to do more mundane things like helping the other mow their yard, move their furniture or paint their house or maybe even that of a neighbors.
    • Large events like monthly meets and such should be conducted in private venues where any protesters can be mitigated and ignored properly. For example. . . rent out a private room at a local pizza joint, a persons home, or whatever.
    • This is a difficult one to accomplish in a grassroots situation like this, but we do need to develop some leadership, even if loosely. This is for media contacts, people dedicated to writing notes to police departments and even fund-raising.

Post imported post

Any serious contemplation of the use of coded communications would end up being much more cumbersome than any benefit derived from it. I used to work "secret squirrel" stuff in the military and it's definitely no simple task when you have persons who know you have a code and are intent on obtaining and/or breaking it.

The BB is among us on this board, I certainly hope you all realize that, as are non-friendly LEO. They are here for the purpose of intelligence gathering and on an open forum there really isn't any way to stop them. Some may be posters others may simply read all they can and report to their bosses, but they are here.

The best bet is as was mentioned, personal communications among people who know the others they are communicating with and in small numbers.

Of course I do love the idea of "infiltrating" the bb with some of those signs. I particularly liked the "What's in your wallet" one.
    "The Second Amendment speaks nothing to an unfettered Right". (Post # 100)
    "Restrictions are not infringements. Bans are infringements.--if it reaches beyond Reasonable bans". (Post # 103)
    Beretta92FSLady
    http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/sh...ons-Bill/page5

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer, nothing in any of my posts should be considered legal advice. If you need legal advice, consult a reputable attorney, not an internet forum.

Post imported post

_.. _ _ _ ._ _ . _. . . _.. _ .... .. ... ?

Carry On,

Livermoron

Post imported post

Livermoron wrote:
    _.. _ _ _ ._ _ . _. . . _.. _ .... .. ... ?

Carry On,

Livermoron
    My morse code is so atrocious IDK.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast