• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Designate location using code

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

SouthBayr wrote:
Sounds like this wants to be a secret society. Why?

My opinion, if you feel so intimidated about confrontation whether by the BB or LEA's, then maybe one shouldn't UOC. This doesn't sound like a group who wants to be secret about anything, at least that's what I thought.
The Bradys and their ilk are getting desperate. Donations falling, funding sources drying up... to justify their continued existence and get money flowing back in, there are only a few things left for them to do. And I don't see many that are legal.

It's prudent to avoid confrontations with fanatical traitors.

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

N6ATF wrote:
SouthBayr wrote:
Sounds like this wants to be a secret society. Why?

My opinion, if you feel so intimidated about confrontation whether by the BB or LEA's, then maybe one shouldn't UOC. This doesn't sound like a group who wants to be secret about anything, at least that's what I thought.
The Bradys and their ilk are getting desperate. Donations falling, funding sources drying up... to justify their continued existence and get money flowing back in, there are only a few things left for them to do. And I don't see many that are legal.

It's prudent to avoid confrontations with fanatical traitors.
The reason is to prevent a likely disastrous confrontation by the Brady people.

Here is my latest concept.

Here is what we should be doing.

• Get to know the open carriers in your area.
  • Communicate your small events via private methods (phones, IM, Twitter, etc.)
  • Meet spontaneously in groups no larger than 3 or 4 carriers.
  • Meet more often to do more mundane things like helping the other mow their yard, move their furniture or paint their house or maybe even that of a neighbors.
  • Large events like monthly meets and such should be conducted in private venues where any protesters can be mitigated and ignored properly. For example. . . rent out a private room at a local pizza joint, a persons home, or whatever.
  • This is a difficult one to accomplish in a grassroots situation like this, but we do need to develop some leadership, even if loosely. This is for media contacts, people dedicated to writing notes to police departments and even fund-raising.

We-the-People

imported post

Any serious contemplation of the use of coded communications would end up being much more cumbersome than any benefit derived from it. I used to work "secret squirrel" stuff in the military and it's definitely no simple task when you have persons who know you have a code and are intent on obtaining and/or breaking it.

The BB is among us on this board, I certainly hope you all realize that, as are non-friendly LEO. They are here for the purpose of intelligence gathering and on an open forum there really isn't any way to stop them. Some may be posters others may simply read all they can and report to their bosses, but they are here.

The best bet is as was mentioned, personal communications among people who know the others they are communicating with and in small numbers.

Of course I do love the idea of "infiltrating" the bb with some of those signs. I particularly liked the "What's in your wallet" one.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

.. .-- .. ... .... -.-- --- ..- -.-. --- ..- .-.. -.. .--. ..- - -- --- .-. ... . .. -. - --- --. --- --- --. .-.. . .- -. -.. .. - -.. . -.-. --- -.. . ... .. - .-.-.- ... --- .-. - --- ..-. .-.. .. -.- . - .... . --. --- --- --. .-.. . -.-. .- .-.. -.-. ..- .-.. .- - --- .-. .-.-.-

Hyperboneious

imported post

In my younger days I used to attend a certain type of all-night parties held without permits. In order to keep them hush hush from the police we would call a number with a recording telling us the directions to a "map-point". Upon arriving at the map point we would be given directions to the location to the party. If secrecy of the location is desired this may be a way to do it. Arrive at the map point and show proof of being an open carrier and receive the directions to the location of the demonstration.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Hyperboneious wrote:
In my younger days I used to attend a certain type of all-night parties held without permits. In order to keep them hush hush from the police we would call a number with a recording telling us the directions to a "map-point". Upon arriving at the map point we would be given directions to the location to the party. If secrecy of the location is desired this may be a way to do it. Arrive at the map point and show proof of being an open carrier and receive the directions to the location of the demonstration.

Wow. Ok and I don't mean for you to take this the wrong way. I'm not making any assumptions about any affiliations or anything.

But that is exactly how a former Klansmen once described forming gatherings.

coolusername2007

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
Hyperboneious wrote:

Wow. Ok and I don't mean for you to take this the wrong way. I'm not making any assumptions about any affiliations or anything.

...and you would know this...how exactly?! :uhoh:

:cool:

Theseus

Founder's Club Member
imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
heliopolissolutions wrote:
Hyperboneious wrote:

Hey, even I have to admit that in one point in my life I was taken in by a bout of racial ignorance. Luckily I was able to overcome the ignorance and correct my mistakes in this regard.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:

Cheeky sod. Shouldn't have even mentioned it. :rolleyes:

I knew a guy who was one of thoseOG sorts who ran with the klan down in San Diego.

He has calmed down in his old age, and I couldn't picture him hurting a fly.