• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Designate location using code

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

Just curious. Why not have designated locations, be it a Starbucks, or other establishment, in code?

For example, "Area 51" could be Starbucks at Capitol Exp./McLaughlin SJ

Or. "Area Green 101" could be Starbucks at 1st and San Fernando. SJ

Or."Area Zebra One" could be - (fill in your location etc, etc, etc.)

Coded areas would be privy to OCDO only via PM or on the forum.

If someone would make a list of say, 25 popular locations, with each one having a code, then the BB would not be able to make a stink while a meet is taking place. Now, I understand there may be a BB spy amongst us, so if there is and the code place is given out, then we would have to scrap the whole idea. And if that person in charge of creating a list were to research each site as far as distances to restricted zones, that would make it easier for attendees not having to worry about those zones.

This idea is for general meets only where expected OC members might exceed, say, 15 people or so. For individuals wishing to OC at a retail site, they wouldn't really need a code as the BB is probably not interested in just a couple of people getting together for a cup or two. For example, I OC at a In-N-Out recently. No big deal, just went in and out with no problems. If I had wanted an OC friendto meet me there, I would not mention it here, just PM or phone.

Any ideas or comments?

pullnshoot25

imported post

It could work and might be a good idea.

The way I see it is that there needs to be a "master key" person that holds the codes and changes them on a periodic basis and distributes them to "slave key" holders.

It could even be done by way of a website where you have to enter a special code/username to decode the code.

Just my .02. I think N6ATF is THE guy for this sort of thing.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

I feel justified in my paranoia, but I really would not be concerned about the BB.

I would argue its more the LEO you should be concerned about.

Honestly, we aren't a subterfugeous bunch, by virtue of our activities we are a little more overt than that. I see no particular need for the masonic or nato-esquecodes.

I'd support an OCDO secret handshake though! :celebrate

pullnshoot25

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:
I feel justified in my paranoia, but I really would not be concerned about the BB.

Honestly, we aren't a subterfugeous bunch, by virtue of our activities we are a little more overt than that. I see no particular need for the masonic or nato-esquecodes.

Rad.

BTW, PM inbound.

Hawaii FiveO

imported post

I have never been concerned about the LEO. Being an ex LEO during times when OC was not popular, or known as it is now, I probably would react different if I had a call of MWG at a store. But seriously, an LEO today that has no idea of what is happening across the nation with the OC movement must have been hiding in a cave the last few years or so. All the LEOs I've met, or have had contact with, or just conversed with are aware of 2A rights and what OC is all about. They know the difference betweenof a law-abiding individual exercising his or her rights sipping coffee at a Starbucks at 4pmand the report of an individual at a 7-11 at 3am wearing a hooded coat and having a gun in his hand.

So LEOs, I have no fear. I just make sure I make no moves that would cause the LEO to have a concern of my intention. It's the BB that seems to be the group more vocal and in today's news re: their protesting about people like you and I that have me concerned. They are the ones that may havethe power to someday derail our whole movement. By having meets without them being there with their signs and vocal objections while being covered by media will serve the cause better, imho, of course.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
We already have one...don't you know it? :D
That is cold-blooded...
After your 300th post, we let you in. But before you are found worthy to know, you must pass theinitiation, whichinvolves King Neptune, two dead fish, and a gauntlet of fire extinguishers! :what:

dirtykoala

imported post

What about trying to keep large meets to parks? Brady won't get to far holding signs at a park with little traffic.

TatankaGap

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
After your 300th post, we let you in. But before you are found worthy to know, you must pass theinitiation, whichinvolves King Neptune, two dead fish, and a gauntlet of fire extinguishers! :what:
I think I saw that on Sponge Bob Square Pants :p

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

pullnshoot25 wrote:
It could work and might be a good idea.

The way I see it is that there needs to be a "master key" person that holds the codes and changes them on a periodic basis and distributes them to "slave key" holders.

It could even be done by way of a website where you have to enter a special code/username to decode the code.

Just my .02. I think N6ATF is THE guy for this sort of thing.
Tee hee.

Sabotage70

imported post

You guys might want to think about twitter. Just don't let the account's out to the general public. Make one person in charge and send the account out in a PM. Everyone will have to create there own account. Then set it up for tweets to be sent to your phone. That way if you have to change locations on the fly someone can send out a tweet and hit everyone at once.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
You guys might want to think about twitter. Just don't let the account's out to the general public. Make one person in charge and send the account out in a PM. Everyone will have to create there own account. Then set it up for tweets to be sent to your phone. That way if you have to change locations on the fly someone can send out a tweet and hit everyone at once.
I think I proposed this before, didn't seem like it was going to work, forget why. But yes, it could be set up to have one account that is protected, and everybody approved to follow it can also send tweets to the rest of the group.

SouthBayr

imported post

Sounds like this wants to be a secret society. Why?

My opinion, if you feel so intimidated about confrontation whether by the BB or LEA's, then maybe one shouldn't UOC. This doesn't sound like a group who wants to be secret about anything, at least that's what I thought.