• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Redlands Market Night UOC Meet

Legend_AB

imported post

Well, it's been a while since we last had a meet up here and since there has also been interest from some new folks in the area to have a meet:

Announcing the the 7th or 8th (there's been so many I lost count) Redlands Market Night UOC Meet.

Thursday, March 18. We will meet, as usual, in the southwest corner of the Redlands Mall parking lot at 7pm. The market is on State St. in downtown Redlands, between Orange St. and 8th St.

For anyone new to UOC please don't forget to bring your voice recorders, informational brochures, and/or fliers.

Post up and let me know if you want to come. See you all there!

demnogis

imported post

Anyone coming up from Orange County? I'm handicapped at the moment and can't drive... I'd like to attend a meet if possible. Who wants to e-check the guy on crutches?
:lol:

wewd

imported post

Link to the approximate meeting area. Center of the map, green arrow. Nearest intersection is Citrus and Eureka.

If you have never been e-checked by police, you probably will at this meet. However Redlands PD are probably the most well-trained, respectful and courteous police department around when it comes to e-checks. You shouldn't have to worry about being "proned out" with an AR-15 aimed at your back like they do it up in East Palo Alto.

Legend_AB

imported post

Ranchero wrote:
I am bringing a shotgun to open carry. Any advice?
My only advice is to make sure you have some type of sling for your shotgun.

Market Night is usually very crowded and you wouldn't want to cover anyone by handling your shotgun.

guitrman1001

imported post

Yeah I have to agree "Must you?" To each his own but RPD has been very good with knowledge of the proper way to E-Check and there are alot of kids there. Just think
you should re think that one.

Guit

cato

imported post

Ranchero wrote:

Yes, get a loaner pistol please.

The reason for asking this is that shotguns are not carried securely in holsters. You are openingyour self to a brandishing charge if, depending on how it is being carried in the hand,the muzzle ever sweeps anyone. Also if you sit down, where is the shotgun stored and does it appear to be un-secure?

Pistols are commonly carried for self defense so as ambassadors trying to reintroduce self defense gun carry to society it would be wise to carry what is more 'normal'.A holstered pistol allows one the free use of both hands to go about ones normalbusiness. The focus is not then he gun as it is just a tool which happens to be there.

There are places I would consider carrying a shotgun, a camping orhiking tripamong others once 'carry' case law is better established. A UOC gathering is not one of them. Long guns are just not the normal choice for a general carry gun and present an appearance that can cloud the intended message.

PincheOgro1

imported post

cato wrote:
Ranchero wrote:

Yes, get a loaner pistol please.

The reason for asking this is that shotguns are not carried securely in holsters. You are opening our self to a brandishing charge if, depending on how it is being carried in the hand,the muzzle ever sweeps anyone. Also if you sit down, where is the shotgun stored and does it appear to be un-secure?

Pistols are commonly carried for self defense so as ambassadors trying to reintroduce self defense gun carry to society it would be wise to carry what is more 'normal'.A holstered pistol allows one the free use of both hands to go about ones normalbusiness. The focus is not then he gun as it is just a tool which happens to be there.

There are places I would consider carrying a shotgun, a camping orhiking tripamong others once 'carry' case law is better established. A UOC gathering is not one of them. Long guns are just not the normal choice for a general carry gun and present an appearance that can cloud the intended message.

ESCELLENT ADVICE CATO !!!

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Plus the effectiveness of a shotgun in an outside, crowded location is not good. If you needed to use the shotgun you'd most likely hit a bystander, which makes the firearm much less effective than a handgun with proper hollow point ammunition. I'm sure the last thing any of us wants is to harm another law abiding citizen, so it'd be a good idea to choose a better tactical firearm.