• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Redlands Market Night UOC Meet

Gundude

imported post

leoffensive wrote:
Anyone attending wanna shoot me a pm with your cell chewy and i are on route and probably gonna be there 15 after 7
I had some cards printed up for you and chewy.

Sons of Liberty

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Another great meet guys! Guitrman1001, wewd, Chewy, leoffensive, Ranchero, Legend AB, a couple of friends, and some of their children all showed up. We were met by a staff writer for the Redlands Daily Facts who did some interviewing and had his photographer there while we were e-checked. The Redlands PD were very cordial and prompt with their e-check. Talked to a few people. Handed out a few flyers for those who asked. Overall, a good night!

DEFENSOR

imported post

Glad to hear that you are all stillamong the free,

Have not been to redlands in many years. I will be on the watch for the next market night. Dad lives out in El Mirage, maybe I can pick him up and make it out. It sounds like it must be a friendlier environment than my usualstomping grounds.Is market nightheld monthly? Thanks and hopeto see you next time.

Defensor out

wewd

imported post

DEFENSOR wrote:
Is market night held monthly?

Every thursday night, weather permitting. Though we don't open carry there but maybe once a month.

coolusername2007

imported post

If Chief Bueermann truly respected the Constitution and our 2A rights he would not insist his officers conduct e-violations of our 4A rights.

E-checks are NOT required by state law and most likely unconstitutional.

Maybe the law abiding public should start a calling campaign advising the Chief of their every lawful activity...you know...to make his officers' jobs easier.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

leoffensive wrote:
the article is already up on the website

http://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/ci_14706368

The article started out: "Seven civilian men strolled down State Street Thursday evening with handguns strapped to their hips." - The Magnificent Seven!

I was Yul Brynner because I had the least amount of hair!

TheMagnificentSeven1960YulBrynnerSt.jpg

wewd

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
I was Yul Brynner because I had the least amount of hair!

I guess that makes me Steve McQueen since I was the best looking. :lol:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

Police Chief Jim Bueermann said the guns are just as dangerous, even though they aren't loaded.
"I don't think they recognize that they make a police officer's job more difficult by injecting a level of uncertainty into their shift where they have to confront people who are carrying guns," he said
Interesting. Should I take the Chiefs comment to mean thatan unloaded firearm is a greater threatthan those carried loaded and concealed by the criminal element? Or should I take it to mean that the officers involved do not take into consideration that anyone they encounter could be armed? Either way, it seems that there is some deficiency in the Chiefs reasoning.
The other problem I have with this comment is the presupposition that officers should not have to deal with something that is charactarized as needlessly 'unsafe'. If his officers wanted safety and certainty while on shift, I would recommend a change of vocation (perhaps something in accounting or library arts), because police work is neither safe or certain.

N6ATF

Banned
imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
Police Chief Jim Bueermann said the guns are just as dangerous, even though they aren't loaded.
"I don't think they recognize that they make a police officer's job more difficult by injecting a level of uncertainty into their shift where they have to confront people who are carrying guns," he said
Interesting. Should I take the Chiefs comment to mean thatan unloaded firearm is a greater threatthan those carried loaded and concealed by the criminal element?
Absolutely. Law-abiding citizens are a threat to criminals and oath-crapping traitors, which he has proven himself to be.

Sons of Liberty

imported post

This reporter knew about the meet because he is friends with the Chief. The Chief suggested that he cover this meet for a good story.

(I wonder what happened to all of the pictures the photographer took?)

coolusername2007

imported post

Sons of Liberty wrote:
This reporter knew about the meet because he is friends with the Chief. The Chief suggested that he cover this meet for a good story.

(I wonder what happened to all of the pictures the photographer took?)

Which means the Chief knew in advance. Does he sit at his desk and read OCDO all day?

I suspect there is one central department somewhere with two or three guys/gals sitting at their computers all day spending every waking minutedigesting everyOCDO post in or about the PRK. And when they think they have something juicy they give a heads up to the local Sheriff/Chief. Personal note: nice work boys! Now how about leaving the law abiding alone and go focus on some criminal activity.