• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House Bill 4334

Yooper

imported post

Pouget wrote:
So does this mean we can do it?
No, the bill has basically just been introduced. It would need to pass the full house, the full senate, and be signed by our wonderful governor first. And then, hope nothing bad is attached to the legislation to make it worse.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

I have it on good authority that the bill is most likely dead in the water. Too many anti-gun dems in the house will keep it from getting anywhere.

CrimDoc

imported post

There's actually another house bill that would do the same thing, introduced by Rep. Richard LeBlanc.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(vv...ge=getobject&objectname=2009-HB-4348&query=on

I've written in support of this one, and tried to get the Chair of the Judiciary Committee to give it a hearing.

So far, no luck. :-(

I'm not sure why there are two bills, but the Rep. Lori Bill has no co-sponsors, while the LeBlanc bill does, that's why I decided to advocate for it.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

As I understand it, any pro-gun bill that goes to the judiciary committee will not likely ever leave. The guy in charge is anti-gun. From what I'm told at least.

Venator

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Big Gay Al wrote:
As I understand it, any pro-gun bill that goes to the judiciary committee will not likely ever leave. The guy in charge is anti-gun. From what I'm told at least.
It's waiting for the November elections. Then the state congress should be slightly more in line with a pro-gun philosophy.

Big Gay Al

Michigan Moderator
imported post

Venator wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
It's waiting for the November elections. Then the state congress should be slightly more in line with a pro-gun philosophy.
We hope. :)

mikestilly

imported post

Venator wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:
As I understand it, any pro-gun bill that goes to the judiciary committee will not likely ever leave.  The guy in charge is anti-gun.  From what I'm told at least.
It's waiting for the November elections.  Then the state congress should be slightly more in line with a pro-gun philosophy.

Hopefully more then slightly but I guess that's wishful thinking :dude:

Venator

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Venator wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:

I didn't want to jinx it by saying landslide.

Venator

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
Venator wrote:
Big Gay Al wrote:

I didn't want to jinx it by saying landslide.