• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

INTERESTED IN BUYING, PRIVATE PARTY

freshjonng

imported post

The names Jon

I'm trying to find a Glock 17 I can purchase from a private party.

The reason is that I am 18 and can only purchase a Handgun if through a private party. There has been a couple robberies in my street and I would like to start Open Carrying and keeping a handgun in my house for Home defense.

My price range is around $450.

Thanks, Guys and Gals:exclaim:

t33j

imported post

I paid that price for a LNIB (<25 rds) G17, private sale (20 yr old). Good luck!

Seeing as this is your first post, I suspect many will be hesitant to even respond. I would not expect an outpouring of glock owners looking to sell their handguns to a yungin'.

me812

imported post

There's usually a few guns on topix classifieds, too.

Unfortunately, a lot of people erroneously believe that the age for private handgun sales is 21. You may not find many people willing to sell a handgun to you, and may have to settle for something other than a Glock. Unless you are experienced with guns, it's probably be better for you to have a revolver, anyway.

protector84

imported post

The first gun I bought was a semi-auto and I had no prior experience with firearms. I don't think semi-autos are that complicated even to a beginner. They come with manuals but if you don't have one (such as when buying private party) you can safely figure the mechanism out. It isn't complicated.

*1911_man*

imported post

IF you get a glock, i STRONGLY suggest you practice ALOT with it, SInce there is no external safety, it can be more dangerous than other guns, however if you keep your finger off the trigger, it will never go off. But one concern i have with glocks, is holstering, sometimes if your not thinking, you can place your finger inside the trigger guard and accidentally disharge the gun as your placing it in the holster, i know this because i did just that in a training drill, luckily the gun was unloaded, still kinda freaked me out and made me really think about what i was doing.
Glocks are great guns, i have a glock 22 40 cal, awesome gun. Love it just as much as my 1911.

Pace

imported post

Guys, just a thought here. Here is a guy that has never posted here before, the first thing he wants to do is buy from a Private Party on this board. Looking for "evidence?" No other response.

freshjonng wrote:
The names Jon

I'm trying to find a Glock 17 I can purchase from a private party.

The reason is that I am 18 and can only purchase a Handgun if through a private party. There has been a couple robberies in my street and I would like to start Open Carrying and keeping a handgun in my house for Home defense.

My price range is around $450.

Thanks, Guys and Gals:exclaim:

TOF

imported post

Well Pace, it sounds like he knows the basic law on the subject. If anyone sells to him they need to know the law and his age as well.

I don't have anything for sale, how about you? :cool:

mzbk2l

imported post

Pace wrote:
Guys, just a thought here. Here is a guy that has never posted here before, the first thing he wants to do is buy from a Private Party on this board. Looking for "evidence?" No other response.

Pace, I guess my answer would be, "So what?" Even if that is the case, he's looking for "evidence" of a perfectly legal activity.

He could be here asking for evidence of the speed limit and I'd just as readily give it to him.

Regardless of someone's position on the 2A, I don't see where explaining to that person how they can go about conducting a perfectly legal transaction can be detrimental to our cause.

Now if he was here asking how to make a suppressor or convert a weapon to fully automatic... I'd be right there with you.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I smell a rat. I wouldn't sell this guy a spent shell casing much less a pistol. Call me a cynic.

PT111

imported post

Just trying to figure out the "evidence" question as evidence of what. I am always leary of anyone wanting to buy from a private party rather than a FFL butas he said he was 18 that makes a lot more sense than a lot of the ones I see posted. Usually it is someone who can't buy from a FFL even if they are over 21.

He may be trolling to see the response but I am going to give him the benefit of thedoubt and believe that he is an 18 year old that has been reading all about how wonderful Glocks are. I don't have anything to sell but unlike a lot of people if I sell I am going to be sure it is a legal sale whether they are 18 or 45.Also don't try to tell me you are buying it for your mother who can't get out of her house and needs it to defend herself. :p

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I'd never privately sell any weapon to anyoneI didn't personally know. You can lay yourself wide open for all sorts of bad ju-ju doin' that.

Pace

imported post

The idea of posting here was that it might be someone from Brady who would say "See, a 18 year old guy was able to get an offer... " and then claim he said he was a felon, etc..etc.. or find someone who ignored it, and said it was a OCDO "member."

I smell something really stinky. Why can't he have his dad buy it for him?

Sonora Rebel

imported post

You've echoed my thoughts on that too... Some kind'a set-up. There's nothing I'd put past the Brady's, VPCand the SPLC. Caveat Venditor :uhoh:

Pace

imported post

Hah, seller beware.

He's gone, so I guess he didnt care that much

Sonora Rebel wrote:
You've echoed my thoughts on that too... Some kind'a set-up. There's nothing I'd put past the Brady's, VPCand the SPLC. Caveat Venditor :uhoh: