Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IL & WI Open Carry get together in Beloit - Sun Mar 21 - Be there!!

Post imported post

The event will be to celebrate Illinois and Wisconsin working together for Right to Carry. It will also be a general opportunity for members of various groups, discussion boards, etc to meet one another.

I'd like all groups to have representatives down there with their banners like the ones we had up in Sussex/Waukesha.

What: Open Carry litter cleanup and friendly gathering
    When: Sunday March 21st – starts at 12:30 PM
    Where: Meeting at Armstrong-Eddy Park in Beloit, Wisconsin (Intersection of South Riverside Drive and Valley Road)
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=armstrong+eddy+park+beloit&fp=1

Litter cleanup along Riverside Rd (we will stay outside of school zones and mark them off). We will also be picking up litter in the park and depending on time possibly sticks/leaves. If you can bring a rake, you should do so just-in-case. Local police have been very friendly and helpful and have worked with us to ensure a fun and safe event for everyone. The township has also given us the OK on the road/park cleanup and is providing reflective vests/bags/etc.

Bring the whole family and come out for a fun event! Beloit is right on the IL/WI border just north of Rockford and is a very short drive for anyone in northern Illinois!! Don’t miss out on the first major event of Illinois and Wisconsin firearms owners working together to better our communities.

Open carry is highly encouraged but not required of course. If you’ve never open carried, check out our forum and talk to other people. No permit, no license, nothing is required to open carry in Wisconsin except a pistol and a holster – make sure both are totally exposed at all times and never concealed. Keep your gun unloaded and in a case and out of reach while driving in Wisconsin – do not open carry in a vehicle. When you arrive at the park you can load up and holster your sidearm.

Dinner after event: We will be having dinner at an open carry friendly establishment in Beloit. The location of the dinner after the event is to-be-announced.

Post imported post

I would go!:celebrate

Post imported post

U can count me +2 attending! Keep me posted as this develops.
    Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Post imported post

I will be there and may be able to bring one other open carry person. Let's get this going!:celebrate
    The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.

John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

Excellent! Anyone from Beloit know of a good area to get together? A park perhaps? Somewhere with plenty of room, as the turnout could be large.

Post imported post

The Tomah thing is that day, so I kow I cant make it.
    "I don't really care for "cream cheese"..."

Post imported post

We're planning on cleaning up (litter pickup) on Riverside Drive. We will meet at Armstrong-Eddy park along the river. We'll meet at 12:00 or 12:30. Then split up into groups and clean up Riverside drive and meet back at the park and clean up the park.

We could use some vests.

We're also going to make signs advertising the open carry cleanup. We may designate one or two volunteer "flagger" types to stand alongside the road and hold the signs. This was an idea of one of our members - rather than just do it it would be helpful to let people know WHAT we're doing and how to look us up on the web too.

Cassville Area -Twelve Miles From Anything, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

SAK wrote:
    We're planning on cleaning up (litter pickup) on Riverside Drive. We will meet at Armstrong-Eddy park along the river. We'll meet at 12:00 or 12:30. Then split up into groups and clean up Riverside drive and meet back at the park and clean up the park. ....
    Just a heads-up, Shaun, it looks like the 1000' GFSZ from Beloit Memorial H.S. extends all the way across the river to the West side of Riverside Drive, encompassing much of the park. Better check it out a little more closely.

Dave
    Dave
    45ACP-For when you care enough to send the very best-
    Fight for "Stand Your Ground " legislation!

WI DA Gerald R. Fox:
    "These so-called 'public safety' laws only put decent law-abiding citizens at a dangerous disadvantage when it comes to their personal safety, and I for one am glad that this decades-long era of defective thinking on gun issues is over..."

Remember: Don't make old People mad. We don't like being old in the first place, so it doesn't take much to piss us off.

Post imported post

That's correct, Dave. The "Riverside Park" which is the large park right in the middle of town on the river is mostly covered by school zones. So we have scratched this park off of our itinerary.

However, "Armstrong-Eddy Park" is north of this one and as accurately as we can tell away from all school zones. Unless there's a hidden school somewhere not showing up on Google we are OK

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...10654876695669

Post imported post

To answer the above question, the township PD has been contacted and is working with us just as the city ones are. The township itself has also been contacted and I have been told that no permit is required for this activity, and they will provide the equipment like vests/bags that we need

What: Open Carry litter cleanup and friendly gathering
    When: Sunday March 21st – starts at 12:30 PM
    Where: Meeting at Armstrong-Eddy Park in Beloit, Wisconsin (Intersection of South Riverside Drive and Valley Road)
    http://www.google.com/#hl=en&q=armstrong+eddy+park+beloit&fp=1

Litter cleanup along Riverside Rd (we will stay outside of school zones and mark them off). We will also be picking up litter in the park and depending on time possibly sticks/leaves. If you can bring a rake, you should do so just-in-case. Local police have been very friendly and helpful and have worked with us to ensure a fun and safe event for everyone. The township has also given us the OK on the road/park cleanup and is providing reflective vests/bags/etc.

Bring the whole family and come out for a fun event! Beloit is right on the IL/WI border just north of Rockford and is a very short drive for anyone in northern Illinois!! Don’t miss out on the first major event of Illinois and Wisconsin firearms owners working together to better our communities.

Open carry is highly encouraged but not required of course. If you’ve never open carried, check out our forum and talk to other people. No permit, no license, nothing is required to open carry in Wisconsin except a pistol and a holster – make sure both are totally exposed at all times and never concealed. Keep your gun unloaded and in a case and out of reach while driving in Wisconsin – do not open carry in a vehicle. When you arrive at the park you can load up and holster your sidearm.

Dinner after event: We will be having dinner at an open carry friendly establishment in Beloit. The location of the dinner after the event is to-be-announced.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Bump. Confirmed members from Wisconsin Carry, OCDO, and ICarry. I wonder what other groups will appear in support of working together even across state lines.

And how many people can we get near the border in downtown Beloit to show that Right to Carry is here?

Post imported post

I won't be able to make it after all! Wisconsin Carry has a meeting that same day in Tomah. I will be going to our meeting in Tomah instead. Sorry! I wish I could do both. Is it too late to change the date?
    The Constitution shall never be construed... to prevent the People of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. -- Samuel Adams

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen. Citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.

John F. Kennedy

Post imported post

Beloit news is doing a pre-story to let everyone know about the event before it happens!! This is going to bring a lot more people out - perhaps some more OCers and perhaps a lot of people who just want to come out to see what we're all about!!!

w000000t!

Post imported post

I'll find out tonight what my schedule is like for that day. I'm most likely working, but if I'm not I'll surely be there!

Post imported post

not sure if i'll be able to make it yet or not. anybody from the milwaukee/cudahy area going??? any chance i could catch a ride???

Post imported post

scorpio_vette wrote:
    not sure if i'll be able to make it yet or not. anybody from the milwaukee/cudahy area going??? any chance i could catch a ride???
    I may go you can ride with me I'm leaving from Waukesha.

Post imported post

it might be cold again, scorp, so we could really use you around in your tank top to make us all feel warm

Post imported post

Thats great good fun scorp!! he must be 10% polar bear it was cold that day in sussex.
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Post imported post

I'm working 10-6 that day. I won't be able to show. I'm really hoping to show up at one of these events.

Post imported post

barronburke wrote:
    Thats great good fun scorp!! he must be 10% polar bear it was cold that day in sussex.
    :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

LOL it really wasn't that bad out that day. LOL plus it's so much easier without a jacket. the only jackets i have are so bulky that i'm always worried they're going to fall over the holster.

PS: I was actually thinking about taking my bike down there until they started talking about snow.

Post imported post

TyGuy will be there!

** in the voice of Troy McClure ** I'm TyGuy and you might remember me from websites such as icarry.org and illinoiscarry.com but now I am here at opencarry.org.

I'll see ya'll on Sunday.

Post imported post

hurry and ban TyGuy before it's too late (jk of course)

Update on event:

I met in person with the city police and the town police. One of the city police officers wanted to make sure all of the attendees know the laws, be sure that they don't allow clothing to ever conceal the firearms especially if it's cruddy weather. I'm confident that this event will go as smoothly and successfully as all of the other open carry events in Wisconsin have gone

One of the township officers (we'll be spending most of our time in the township) said he registered on ICarry the other day I don't know his username offhand, but I'd like to welcome him to the site nonetheless.

Everyone is on the same page and looking for a good event. My only concern is the weather, but rain or shine I'll be there and so will a lot of people. Don't let mother nature keep you from exercising your rights on Sunday :wink:

DINNER RESERVATIONS

Beloit Family Restaurant‎
    2780 Prairie Avenue, Beloit, WI‎

I told them we would show up 3:30-4:00. They are aware that we will be open carrying. This restaurant is likely in a school zone so don't have an uncased gun anywhere outside of the private property of the restaurant.

I figured we'd wrap up the litter pickup by then - there should be enough volunteers to get the job done

Post imported post

Post imported post

Good news: Looks like chance of rain is only 10% on Sunday!!! Yayyyy!!

Might ran on Saturday though, so wear boots

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast