Thread: 31st. Annual Town Lawyers Conference, 30 April 2010 by UW Law School and Wisconsin Towns Association

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

I don't yet know what will be the protocol for this conference. Preemptively, while I can still plead ignorance, I suggest two legal difficulties that are important to a legally armed citizen of Wisconsin.

§167.31 and §941.23 seem to make it impossible to go about ones business in an automobile and legally wearing a gun. I tried to demonstrate this difficulty in a video http://www.vimeo.com/6115265

§66.0409 is ignored by most towns to the detriment of citizens desiring to go about their business while legally armed. Often local LEA use a prohibited town ordinance to harass armed citizens, perhaps falling back on charges of disorderly conduct with the weapons enhancement.

Thank you for this opportunity and your attention.

Doug Huffman
    Washington Island
    Wisconsin

Banned

Post imported post

Thank you for your input. This conference has benefited greatly over the past 30 years from the input of the Wisconsin Towns Association and officials and citizens interested in town law. I will pass along your comments to the speakers.

Banned

Post imported post

Well, I'm off to this conference in a few hours. I am amazed at how my impression of Wisconsin's legally armed citizens has changed in the mere month that has passed since the OP. I, as I noted, don't know how this conference will be conducted. I also don't know just how I will characterize this community, as stereotyped here, if asked.

My personal and formal goal is to keep my own counsel and learn. Informally, I would like to establish a personal acquaintance in the Door Co. DA's office for reasons beyond gun activism.
    Either we are equal or we are not. Present company excepted. Good people ought to be armed where they will, with wits and guns and the truth. NRA ******* damn the Obamanation and its thugs.