• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

SD Firearm Freedom Law

TatankaGap

imported post

South Dakota Gov Rounds today signed into law SB0089:

SB0089 exempts from federal regulation any firearm, firearm accessory, or ammunition manufactured and retained in South Dakota.

acmariner99

imported post

Congrats to South Dakota. We had a similar law passed here in Arizona this year -- on top of everything else that has been happening. I wonder if states will start making laws about no federal interference on everything manufactured, maintained, and consumed within state borders. Do any states have laws like that in effect? Its a little off topic I know, but if states like Montana, SD, and Arizona remove federal regs on firearms, why not on all products produced within state boundaries?

aadvark

imported post

Good Job, South Dakota!

We had a similiar Bill in Georgia this Legislative Session, however; it died in Committee when The Public Safety Committee failed to report.

Maybe we will be able to join you next year!

No more Misdemeanor Domestic Violence Ban in South Dakota, provided; that the Firearm itself is manufactured and stays in South Dakota!