• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

jobs?

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

I see help wanted signs, and Now Hiring signs everyday, the Flint Journal has openings from Bartending to cooks, truck driving to medical, and sales. The problem is no one wants to work for money anymore. Why would they when they can sit on unemployment for damn near two years, and welfare for up to 4 yrs.

lapeer20m

imported post

agreed.

The system is flawed. On unemployment, if you work part time, you essentially work for half-time. So if you found a job that pays $15/hr, you really make only $7.50/hr...and that's before taxes! This tends to take away a person's desire to go find a job while on UIA. It is amazing that people (me included) magically seem to find work just before their unemployment runs out.

I think UIA is totally different than welfare, since you actually pay into the insurance policy knows as uia, then in the unfortunate event you become unemployed, you get to collect on some of that insurance.

I am not opposed to the concept of unemployment, but i do think that the extentions are unnecessary and only perpetuate the problem. After all, it is not the responsibility of the government to take care of us. Taking care of yourself is YOUR responsibility.

lil_freak_66

imported post

i seen some things in the lansing craigslist for security guards,both armed and unarmed,and if im not mistaken(though i quite possibly and probably am) one of the armed jobs didnt even say they required a cpl.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

I Love America for one reason, no matter how intrusive Govt. gets, or bad the economy seems even a high school drop out can make money. If you want to you can earn money in good & bad times. 1st you have to realize that half the problem is Laziness, & the other half is media hype (Bad economy).
Case in point, I own a house in Flint, I offered 3 friends that were standing around bs'ing with me 20 dollars to use my ladder & safety rope to climb my cape code roof, & fetch a rotary antenna. No one took the job. It is a 1o min. job, that's 2.00 a min., or 120 an hour (Bad economy my Ass). I often offer my brother 10.00 an hour cash to help me do work around my house, he never takes the offer (Did I mention he's been on UI for 2yrs). Some bad Economy!
I found a working stove in the trash, I asked to make sure it was ok to take it, they said yes they just bought all new Stainless Appliances (Some bad economy). Oh I sold it by the road for 20.00
I sell 55 Gallon drums by the road that I dig out of the garbage at work, & people in this bad economy buy a steel drum just to burn paper in.
I find junk in the garbage and most of the time all I have to do is clean it and put it out to the road. Most of the above only requires minor effort.

Just think if we worked just half as hard as Ben Franklin we'd be more wealthy than we could imagine.

G

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
Not for long!, remember it may be illegal to quit paying TAXES, but it ain't illegal to Quit Working! At least not yet!

Remember John Gault!
Can you please cite the law that requires you to pay a federal income tax?

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:
Not for long!, remember it may be illegal to quit paying TAXES, but it ain't illegal to Quit Working! At least not yet!

Remember John Gault!
Can you please cite the law that requires you to pay a federal income tax?

You can't because none exists.
Amend #16 not that I agree with it, but some how they ratified the 16th. Makes me furious due to the fact that the Federal Govt. was to be limited to Impost, Excise, and Tariffs, but...

Sixteenth Amendment (Amendment XVI) to the United States Constitution allows the Congress to levy an income tax without apportioning it among the states or basing it on Census results. Ratified Febuary 13th 1913.

Now your more than welcome to refute this law, but I think regardless you will find your way in jail.

I do however find it amusing that some think just because the constitution says your protected, your automatically immune from Govt. abuses.:)

So I am to believe that both You & Mike don't have to pay?

eastmeyers

imported post

I will give you an interview, for warning, its low pay, at least to start. Easy to move up within the company, wich starts to get you paid. PM me if you are serious its in lower oakland county. And you have to have drivers license.

God Bless