• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CHP Question

wheelerXD

imported post

Hey ya'll I have a quick question. My CHP was either suspended or revoke by spotsy because of my trial which is now over and I was found innocent I am trying to find out if I just go down there to ask for it back or should I just go to the courthouse up here in PWC to get a new one? because I can never get a hold of anyone at either court house when I'm actually able to call during the day and with work being busy lately don't have time to go to either one before they close. Thanks and I hope my question made enough sense to where someone might be able to answer it. Thanks for any help and enjoy this wonderful weekend.

Semper Fi

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

If the protective order has expired against you, you should be able to go to the clerk of court to get your CHP back.

wheelerXD

imported post

alright. Also do I need to do anything to make sure my record is cleared of the indictment so I can go purchase a new gun since the county refuses to give me mine back since my wife has a felony now even though she isn't living in my house do to her being in jail and then after wards she will be moving back to Oregon but the detective won't release my handgun to be which kinda pisses me off. Sorry for the grammar and the dumb questions I'm just trying to make sure my name is clear and that I can be armed again and I'm not to good with the internet to figure out where to go to get the answers. Thanks again

Semper Fi

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

gotsig wrote:
alright. Also do I need to do anything to make sure my record is cleared of the indictment so I can go purchase a new gun since the county refuses to give me mine back
Find a lawyer thru the VA Bar assoc who can assess of your and see if it is amenable to a lawsuit for failure to provide due process after seizing your property - a 1983 action might be a vehicle to consider, see Ford v. Turner (DC).

The idea is to not sue for return of gun - sue for the due process they were supposed to give you

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

gotsig wrote:
Hey ya'll I have a quick question. My CHP was either suspended or revoke by spotsy because of my trial
Do you have notice of such suspension or revocation? if so, what does it say? if not, it was probably not suspended or revoked.

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

I don't think it would hurt to call the clerk and see if they will give it to you. If they say no they will probably say why. At which point you may wish to reengage your lawyer.

wheelerXD

imported post

I never received a notice but CID on base got a copy of the letter and made me surrender it to them. but i'll see if i can get a hold of the clerk on monday thank you.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

gotsig wrote:
I never received a notice but CID on base got a copy of the letter and made me surrender it to them. but i'll see if i can get a hold of the clerk on monday thank you.
What the heck does CID have to do with this? Whoa, you need to get a lawyer - i would have told CID to pound sand and headed over the JAG.

wheelerXD

imported post

No they were doing an investigations on something and since they ran a check on me before I came into talk to them I guess it came up so they contacted spotsy and they asked them to have me surrender it to them but that was back right after the arrest warrant was issued for my wife and my self in I believe may of last year. I didn't feel like dealing with the guy cause he had no clue what he was talking bout even on the investigation he was doing on somnethin else ( they weren't investigating me)

Semper Fi