• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Outing 3/13/2010 - Debrief and Photos

MrGlock

imported post

For our first meeting, things went well. There were definitely some looks from the other patrons, as there were around 100 people in the restaurant and maybe more. No cops, no questions from management or staff; we ate our meals in total peace and had some fun too. Pictures were taken also. We look forward to seeing more of you all join us, as we are planning our next outing and we would like to hear your suggestions on where we should meet next.

RogueWarrior

imported post

I for one had a great time lots of people there very few even noticed that we had weapons on our hips

HPIM1150.jpg

MrGlock

imported post

I'm the one kneeling in the front; I'm so glad everyone could make it, and im still somewhat surprised the cops didn't show up. This is the first large group of people I've been with while carrying (and the others were carrying); usually when its just me is when someone tends to freak, so maybe it was the fact that there were 8 of us carrying at the same time in the same group that people thought we had a good reason for doing so... there's some neat psychology in this stuff. Overall, I look forward to everyone's input on the next get-together. I like RogueAussie's pic the best :)

MrGlock

imported post

I still remember the guy standing in line who was trying to get a look at mserr's handgun on his side after he paid for his meal, he had this look on his face that was PRICELESS. He hopped/jumped to get a better look over the barrier that divided the dining hall from the cashier line; his jumping was a bit obvious nonetheless. There was an older couple sitting about 12 feet to my east, every 2nd or 3rd time I looked his direction I caught him staring at me.

Hell, even my BOSS happened to be eating lunch there with a coworker, her eyes went big when she saw my gun; I think she saw that everyone in the group was carrying.

mserr

imported post

I'm the other big guy on the far right, I look like I could be KB3CGS's younger brother or something. MrGlock, are you talking about that older looking hispanic couple? I noticed them too.

MrGlock

imported post

It looked like a white guy to me, was wearing a brownish shirt (red clay colored?), mid 50's. I remember that older hispanic man tried to use the fire exit and set off the alarm, good times.

mserr

imported post

Oh I didn't notice that guy I guess. I did however notice the guy who jumped out of line to look at my gun was sitting at the table right next to me though, he must have been trying to see where I was sitting to make a note to sit next to that guy. ;)

mserr

imported post

BTW, It was truly a pleasure to meet you all and get to know you on a first name basis. Also good to meet some good responsible gun owners and OC'ers. I really hope this becomes a monthly event.

Also, I'm always looking for new shooting buddies (going alone isn't too fun) so feel free to PM me when you're going to go, or PM for my #.

MrGlock

imported post

Same here, going alone is never alot of fun, i like to go to the westside past the jail whenever possible, maybe this next weekend we could put something together

mserr

imported post

I go to the same place, I'm going to be going a couple times this week so hit me up.

SsevenN

imported post

Awesome guys! Wish I could have been there, ABQ is a bit far from me, and without a car at the moment, impossible.:cuss:

Soon enough I'll be able to participate!

MDA_II

imported post

Good for you guys ! Glad to hear it went well. It's gotta be an ABQ thing....every time I've carried openin Farmington no one I've ever seen gets nervous or if they say something it's usually "nice colt..."

jsaizglock505

imported post

I am new to all this. I have been learning my laws and would like to attend an open carry meeting. So any new info would be great. I am also going to get my CC license in April. Glad to be a part of the movement.

SsevenN

imported post

MDA_II wrote:
Good for you guys ! Glad to hear it went well. It's gotta be an ABQ thing....every time I've carried openin Farmington no one I've ever seen gets nervous or if they say something it's usually "nice colt..."
Yeah OC is Farmington makes you spoiled. No dirty looks, no police calls, it's a great OC town.:dude:

SsevenN

imported post

jsaizglock505 wrote:
I am new to all this. I have been learning my laws and would like to attend an open carry meeting. So any new info would be great. I am also going to get my CC license in April. Glad to be a part of the movement.

If you've done your reseach you should already know this. But to reitterate, DON'T OC anywhere that sells alchohol, whether it's for on or off site consuption. It's a Felony in NM. (Kind of pisses me off because that means no OC when grocery shopping, since every grocery store in town sells drinks.)

jsaizglock505

imported post

Ha yup i have seen some guy get in trouble for OC in a store with liquere. Lucky they just kicked him out and not call the cops so i wont be doing that at all. thanks for the info tho. Hope they change that law at least for CCL people.