Thread: Members from St. Louis City/County

Chesterfield, St. Louis County, Missouri, USA

Post imported post

Just wondering how many members here are from the St. Louis City/County area? I see that Lee's Summit and a couple othersare well represented...was just curious about my own neck of the woods.

I alsowanted to let everyone in our area know thatI’ve been researching and making my own map for legal OC in St. Louis County (withexemptions, for those of us with CCW permits) that willcontain therelevant ordinancesfrom each city/village/town. I’ve been doing this with mysmall amount of free time, so I'mhoping to finish it up by mid-April. With over 90 municipalities, it's been slow going.

Post imported post

Aristodemus wrote:
    I alsowanted to let everyone in our area know thatI’ve been researching and making my own map for legal OC in St. Louis County (withexemptions, for those of us with CCW permits) that willcontain therelevant ordinancesfrom each city/village/town. I’ve been doing this with mysmall amount of free time, so I'mhoping to finish it up by mid-April. With over 90 municipalities, it's been slow going.
    that sounds like it would be a chore!

i would like to see it though. i only get up to STL about twice a year but the info could come in handy sometime.

I'm the one who's gotta die when it's time for me to die, so let me live my life the way I want to.
    Jimi Hendrix

NRA Benefactor Member & 03 FFL

Regular Member sohighlyunlikely's Avatar

Post imported post

I am in St Louis county. I have been working on a St Louis County map. Though I have run into a small snag and have to redo a couple of my findings. I found that. this site http://www.municode.com/library/clie...spx?stateID=25seems to be lacking some of the current codes and I am going to be editing my map to take out what info I pulled from it. I went through the codes for towns listed here that are in St Louis Co. http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/codes-slp/give me your email an I will send you a sample of the map I am working on. Though I haven't gone back to edit the couple of municode.com referred findings off.

Later Doc

Post imported post

Aristodemus,

You can also go to missouricarry and look at the OC info they have up there. I believe its Comsec, but his name is comsecmilitia over there...not 100% sure. Anyway, let me know if you need help. Send me a couple in PM and I'll help you look them up and send you an email with links and what I found.

I did this before with another older member, searching all the online codes..that was about 3 years ago. Let me now if I can help.

Post imported post

I had seen Comsecs city list, and had come to some different conclusions after reading the laws and sent him a message and openly displayed it here but hadn't received any feed back via email or posts here. You can see what I mean if you read the last few posts on this thread. http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum33/28508-5.html

Doc

Post imported post

I have been working on a new list, and database of OC and non OC cities for Missouri, my plan is to create a website with the database, and a few phone apps, basically it, I got alot of free time but it is still taking along time, I have stopped all updates to the old list and map.

Post imported post

I live in St. Charles.

Post imported post

I'm in Webster Groves and have also sent comsec some updates to no avail. Crappy thing was webster allowed OC until people started asking about it, them quickly moved to ban it. Thing is, they also banned CC via language, thus nullifying the entire ordinance. I'd get arrested if i had the money, but a case is too rich for my blood right now.

Post imported post

I got it just still working on the new list

Post imported post

Justin wrote:
    I'm in Webster Groves and have also sent comsec some updates to no avail. Crappy thing was webster allowed OC until people started asking about it, them quickly moved to ban it. Thing is, they also banned CC via language, thus nullifying the entire ordinance. I'd get arrested if i had the money, but a case is too rich for my blood right now.
    If the ordinance are on linepost a link and I will confirm and edit my St Louis County OC/OC with CCW list that I have up on here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum33/40980.html

Thanks

Doc

Post imported post

UPDATED 7/22/2009 6:33 PM

Perhaps a good list?

Missouri Open Carry Legal

Airport Drive
    Ava
    Ballwin
    Battlefield
    Black Jack
    Blue Springs
    Brentwood
    Bridgeton
    Butler
    Camdenton
    Cameron
    Carthage
    Centralia
    Charlack
    Clinton
    Columbia
    Crestwood
    Creve Coeur
    Crystal City
    Des Peres
    Desloge
    Dexter
    Edina
    Eldon
    Ferguson
    Festus
    Fulton
    Grain Valley
    Grandview
    Green Park
    Hazelwood
    Herculaneum
    Higginsville
    Hillsboro
    Hollister
    Houston
    Independence
    Jackson
    Jefferson City
    Jennings
    Joplin
    Kansas City
    Kennett
    Kirksville
    Knob Noster *
    Ladue
    lake lotawana
    Lamar -Lamar Lake off limits
    Lebanon
    Lee’s Summit
    Liberty
    Licking
    Macon
    Maplewood
    Marshall Junction
    Maryland Heights – parks off limits
    Mission
    Moberly
    Nevada – UNLOADED ONLY
    Odessa
    Olivette
    Osage Beach
    Overland
    Pacific
    Palmyra
    Parkville
    Raytown
    Republic
    Richmond Heights
    Riverside
    Rock Hill
    Rolla
    Sedalia*
    Springfield
    St. Clair – parks off limits
    St. John
    St. Peters
    St. Robert
    Strafford
    Sugar Creek
    Sullivan
    Sunset Hills - Minnie Ha Ha Park off limits
    Trenton
    Union
    Warrensburg
    Warsaw

Warson Woods
    Washington
    Weatherby Lake
    Webster Groves
    Weldon Spring
    West Plains

Missouri Open Carry Illegal

Gladstone

North Kansas City

Arnold

Hannibal

Branson

Cape Girardeau

Chesterfield

Mexico

Raymore

University City

Farmington

Webb City

Berkeley

Canton

Carl Junction

Clayton

Cottleville

Ellisville

Fair Grove

Farmington

Fenton

Florissant

Foristell

Harrisonville

Kearney

Lake Saint Louis

Manchester

Northwoods

O'Fallon

Ozark

Pagedale

Peculiar

Pevely

Platte City

Pleasant Valley

Richmond

Riverview

Smithville

St. Ann

Ste. Genevieve

Town and Country

Troy

Twin Oaks

Valley Park

Warrenton

Wentzville

Wildwood

Saint Louis

Aurora

Belton

St. Charles

Marshfield

If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Post imported post

I would move St John and Overland to the illegal list.

St John's law, note "about his person"

5. No person shall carry a firearm, knife or any other weapon readily capable of lethal force concealed upon or about his/her person

Overland's law

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

4. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use

Doc

Post imported post

I wrote to the Mayor of St Charles City....

"In reference to Code 134.03 DANGEROUS AND CONCEALED WEAPONS, I do not see where there is an exemption for the Concealed Carry Permit.

Could you clarify and tell me if the City of St Charles allows the "Open Carry" within the City limits.

Thanks for your time"

She forwarded it to the Chief of Police, Dennis Corley. This is his response

"A valid Concealed Carry Permit will exempt the permit holder from provisions of the ordinance that may be applicable at the time of contact with a law enforcement official. The City of St. Charles does not have any ordinance that regulates as stated "Open Carry."

Hope this helps....

Zeke

GOD gave me rights!!!....The Constitutuion just confirms it!!

Post imported post

We don't live there but we have family up there and are in the area at least monthly.
    Bob Owens @ Bearing Arms (paraphrased): "These people aren't against violence; they're very much in favor of violence. They're against armed resistance."

Post imported post

I hope al of you will consider meeting up for a get together ar Babler State Park "Picnic" actually April 17th (18th alt. date). I know there will be at least 10 people from www.missouricarry.com there. It's a chance to meet, chat and know people of similar interest. There are more of us than we know. 10:00 till?

Area near the closed swimming pool, NO OC allowed in Babler - see other discussions on this forum for details.

If you pull it, you use it. If you pull it and you don't use it, you've done some thing wrong and you might not get another chance. Think about it before you pack it!
    I worked 24/7 for 2A OC rights! Don't like what I did? Try it yourself, it was my full time job!
    Certified NRA Range Safety Officer - RSO

Post imported post

Justin wrote:
    I was one of those people that ask about it. Although it never said it was illegal, you would have been arrested for it. This is the response I got from the Chief of Webster Groves on Sept. 2008:

"As every incident has independent facts it is impossible to definitively address this type of inquiry. However, we believe that State Statutes 571.030.1 and 565.070.1 and our Municipal Code Sec. 70.225 generally prohibit and make illegal any open carry of a weapon in public. Anyone openly carrying a weapon in violation of these Statutes or our Municipal Code would be subject to arrest and prosecution.

There is established law that allows for the procurement of a permit to carry a concealed weapon. That would be the appropriate path to pursue for anyone desiring to carry a weapon on their person within the City of Webster Groves.

Dale Curtis
    Chief of Police
    4 South Elm Avenue
    Webster Groves, MO 63119
    Internationally Accredited (CALEA)"

Also, they didn't really ban concealed carry. They made CC and OC illegal UNLESS you have a CC permit. So you could open carry in Webster now according to their ordinances, but like I said, they are obviously against it and if you have ever dealt with their cops or court system, this is not a game you will win.

" 13.Subdivisions (1), (8), and (10) of this section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to section 571.094 or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another state or political subdivision of another state. "

Subdivision 8 is what bans OC and CC.

Post imported post

Hello Sir:

Matt with Sovereign Arms LLC. We are open carry advocates, MO/FL CCW instructors, Indoor range/Retail store and much more. www.sovereignarms.com