• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Members from St. Louis City/County

Alcibiades

imported post

Just wondering how many members here are from the St. Louis City/County area? I see that Lee's Summit and a couple othersare well represented...was just curious about my own neck of the woods.

I alsowanted to let everyone in our area know thatI’ve been researching and making my own map for legal OC in St. Louis County (withexemptions, for those of us with CCW permits) that willcontain therelevant ordinancesfrom each city/village/town. I’ve been doing this with mysmall amount of free time, so I'mhoping to finish it up by mid-April. With over 90 municipalities, it's been slow going. :)

Broondog

imported post

Aristodemus wrote:
I alsowanted to let everyone in our area know thatI’ve been researching and making my own map for legal OC in St. Louis County (withexemptions, for those of us with CCW permits) that willcontain therelevant ordinancesfrom each city/village/town. I’ve been doing this with mysmall amount of free time, so I'mhoping to finish it up by mid-April. With over 90 municipalities, it's been slow going. :)
that sounds like it would be a chore!

i would like to see it though. i only get up to STL about twice a year but the info could come in handy sometime.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I am in St Louis county. I have been working on a St Louis County map. Though I have run into a small snag and have to redo a couple of my findings. I found that. this site http://www.municode.com/library/clientlisting.aspx?stateID=25seems to be lacking some of the current codes and I am going to be editing my map to take out what info I pulled from it. I went through the codes for towns listed here that are in St Louis Co. http://codes.sullivanpublications.com/codes-slp/give me your email an I will send you a sample of the map I am working on. Though I haven't gone back to edit the couple of municode.com referred findings off.

Later Doc

Article1section23

imported post

Aristodemus,

You can also go to missouricarry and look at the OC info they have up there. I believe its Comsec, but his name is comsecmilitia over there...not 100% sure. Anyway, let me know if you need help. Send me a couple in PM and I'll help you look them up and send you an email with links and what I found.

I did this before with another older member, searching all the online codes..that was about 3 years ago. Let me now if I can help.

ComSec

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have been working on a new list, and database of OC and non OC cities for Missouri, my plan is to create a website with the database, and a few phone apps, basically it, I got alot of free time but it is still taking along time, I have stopped all updates to the old list and map.

Justin

imported post

I'm in Webster Groves and have also sent comsec some updates to no avail. Crappy thing was webster allowed OC until people started asking about it, them quickly moved to ban it. Thing is, they also banned CC via language, thus nullifying the entire ordinance. I'd get arrested if i had the money, but a case is too rich for my blood right now.

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Justin wrote:
I'm in Webster Groves and have also sent comsec some updates to no avail. Crappy thing was webster allowed OC until people started asking about it, them quickly moved to ban it. Thing is, they also banned CC via language, thus nullifying the entire ordinance. I'd get arrested if i had the money, but a case is too rich for my blood right now.

If the ordinance are on linepost a link and I will confirm and edit my St Louis County OC/OC with CCW list that I have up on here http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum33/40980.html

Thanks

Doc

mspgunner

imported post

[align=center]UPDATED 7/22/2009 6:33 PM[/align]

[align=center]Perhaps a good list?[/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center]

[align=center]Missouri Open Carry Legal[/align]

[align=center]

Airport Drive
Ava
Ballwin
Battlefield
Black Jack
Blue Springs
Brentwood
Bridgeton
Butler
Camdenton
Cameron
Carthage
Centralia
Charlack
Clinton
Columbia
Crestwood
Creve Coeur
Crystal City
Des Peres
Desloge
Dexter
Edina
Eldon
Ferguson
Festus
Fulton
Grain Valley
Grandview
Green Park
Hazelwood
Herculaneum
Higginsville
Hillsboro
Hollister
Houston
Independence
Jackson
Jefferson City
Jennings
Joplin
Kansas City
Kennett
Kirksville
Knob Noster *
Ladue
lake lotawana
Lamar -Lamar Lake off limits
Lebanon
Lee’s Summit
Liberty
Licking
Macon
Maplewood
Marshall Junction
Maryland Heights – parks off limits
Mission
Moberly
Nevada – UNLOADED ONLY
Odessa
Olivette
Osage Beach
Overland
Pacific
Palmyra
Parkville
Raytown
Republic
Richmond Heights
Riverside
Rock Hill
Rolla
Sedalia*
Springfield
St. Clair – parks off limits
St. John
St. Peters
St. Robert
Strafford
Sugar Creek
Sullivan
Sunset Hills - Minnie Ha Ha Park off limits
Trenton
Union
Warrensburg
Warsaw

Warson Woods
Washington
Weatherby Lake
Webster Groves
Weldon Spring
West Plains

Missouri Open Carry Illegal

Gladstone

North Kansas City

Arnold

Hannibal

Branson

Cape Girardeau

Chesterfield

Mexico

Raymore

University City

Farmington

Webb City

Berkeley

Canton

Carl Junction

Clayton

Cottleville

Ellisville

Fair Grove

Farmington

Fenton

Florissant

Foristell

Harrisonville

Kearney

Lake Saint Louis

Manchester

Northwoods

O'Fallon

Ozark

Pagedale

Peculiar

Pevely

Platte City

Pleasant Valley

Richmond

Riverview

Smithville

St. Ann

Ste. Genevieve

Town and Country

Troy

Twin Oaks

Valley Park

Warrenton

Wentzville

Wildwood

Saint Louis

Aurora

Belton

St. Charles

Marshfield

[/align]
[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]

[align=center][/align]
[/align]

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I would move St John and Overland to the illegal list.

St John's law, note "about his person"

5. No person shall carry a firearm, knife or any other weapon readily capable of lethal force concealed upon or about his/her person

Overland's law

A. A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons if he/she knowingly:

4. Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use

Doc

zekester

imported post

I wrote to the Mayor of St Charles City....

"In reference to Code 134.03 DANGEROUS AND CONCEALED WEAPONS, I do not see where there is an exemption for the Concealed Carry Permit.

Could you clarify and tell me if the City of St Charles allows the "Open Carry" within the City limits.

Thanks for your time"

She forwarded it to the Chief of Police, Dennis Corley. This is his response

"A valid Concealed Carry Permit will exempt the permit holder from provisions of the ordinance that may be applicable at the time of contact with a law enforcement official. The City of St. Charles does not have any ordinance that regulates as stated "Open Carry."

Hope this helps....

Zeke

mspgunner

imported post

I hope al of you will consider meeting up for a get together ar Babler State Park "Picnic" actually April 17th (18th alt. date). I know there will be at least 10 people from www.missouricarry.com there. It's a chance to meet, chat and know people of similar interest. There are more of us than we know. 10:00 till?

Area near the closed swimming pool, NO OC allowed in Babler - see other discussions on this forum for details.

lancers

imported post

Justin wrote:
I was one of those people that ask about it. Although it never said it was illegal, you would have been arrested for it. This is the response I got from the Chief of Webster Groves on Sept. 2008:

"As every incident has independent facts it is impossible to definitively address this type of inquiry. However, we believe that State Statutes 571.030.1 and 565.070.1 and our Municipal Code Sec. 70.225 generally prohibit and make illegal any open carry of a weapon in public. Anyone openly carrying a weapon in violation of these Statutes or our Municipal Code would be subject to arrest and prosecution.

There is established law that allows for the procurement of a permit to carry a concealed weapon. That would be the appropriate path to pursue for anyone desiring to carry a weapon on their person within the City of Webster Groves.

Dale Curtis
Chief of Police
4 South Elm Avenue
Webster Groves, MO 63119
Internationally Accredited (CALEA)"

Also, they didn't really ban concealed carry. They made CC and OC illegal UNLESS you have a CC permit. So you could open carry in Webster now according to their ordinances, but like I said, they are obviously against it and if you have ever dealt with their cops or court system, this is not a game you will win.

" 13.Subdivisions (1), (8), and (10) of this section shall not apply to any person who has a valid concealed carry endorsement issued pursuant to section 571.094 or a valid permit or endorsement to carry concealed firearms issued by another state or political subdivision of another state. "

Subdivision 8 is what bans OC and CC.