• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Calif. OC and question of partial cover from shirt or jacket

tech_exec

imported post

This post was moved from a more general forum so that I can get more input from Californians. I look forward to your input...

I'm a long time owner of various firearms and have recentlybeen thinking about participating in NorCal open carry events to show my support.

If you're sitting in a chair (starbucks, etc.) with your firearm holstered on your belt it could easily be possible for your jacket to cover your firearm. What is the ruling in this instance?

Likewise, if you were driving and had your OC firearm on your belt, your jacket could cover it. If you're pulled over for speeding (or tail light, etc.) and an officer is talking to you through your passenger window (which is common in CA) and sees a partially covered holster/firearm (covered by seat belt or jacket), what could be the outcome?

thnx