• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I am NEW a Pastor and a Proud Gun Owner

pastorderek

imported post

I am a U.S. citizen and I am proud of the fact that God placed me in a free country. I am a MULTI gun owner and a Ordained Pastor! We have the constitutional right to own fire arms and should be able to carry them concealed or open as long as we are law biding citizens! God Bless the U.S.A.:lol:

eye95

imported post

Hey Derek. Nice ta meetcha.

Where in Alabama are you from? You can enter the town into your profile, and it will show up on your posts.

pastorderek

imported post

Thank you Sir I serve an awesome God and live in a awesome country! It ant perfect but I have never served jail time for preaching the truth and protecting my family so I feel blessed. God Bless my friend and thank you.

M

McX

imported post

God and guns. works for me. nothing in the Bible about not defending yourself. wonder if they open carry in Heaven?

pastorderek

imported post

lol you won't need them there but here is one strait from the bible: Psalms 45:3 Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty. In nother words carry that Gun on your hip.

aadvark

imported post

Too bad we Gerogians can not Carry at Churches.

It must feel good to live in a truly free State of Alabama!

pastorderek

imported post

I didn't know Georgia had a law like that! We are only a few miles from Ga. I worry all the time about being a Pastor and buying new guns the next thing you know your called a cult leader. I went out a few weeks ago and bought 4 or 5 guns (my son's and my wife there first guns 22lr and because of the fact I am a Pastor I was kind of worred but so far no F.B.I (lol) I think there will come a time when our rights will be taken away. I have Ga residents that are members and they come to Church with guns in there pockets. It's funny some think thats Taboo but I don't judge. You can't hide it from God and I am sure in the first Church days they were sword packing members we know Peter (one of the first Christian preachers) carried because he used it when they came for Jesus. Anyway I am blessed in all ways. God Bless

Dianosis

imported post

pastorderek wrote:
lol you won't need them there but here is one strait from the bible: Psalms 45:3 Gird thy sword upon thy thigh, O most mighty, with thy glory and thy majesty. In nother words carry that Gun on your hip.
I like Luke 22:36 as well:

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

On a side note, people try and use the 6th Commandment against soldiers and people who use guns defend themselves. And they often misquote it by saying Thou Shalt Not Kill! But the actual scripture is, Thou shalt not MURDER. Big difference in definitions of kill and murder.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

Welcome to our fair state, and this great board.
Bet OC'ing on the pulpit really gets the collections plate filled.

Speech, Religion, and Guns. You got the top two covered big time.
Now if you can just organize the choir into a malitia you'll have the top 2
maxed out.
:celebrate

eye95

imported post

pastorderek wrote:
Amen! I hope I never have to use my gun but by God's grace I have it.
Now, Pastor, you aren't carrying around a concealed weapon in a hollowed-out Bible, now, are you? ;)

pastorderek

imported post

Lol no brother I would not desecrate God's Holy word. I am a open carry person when I travel and conceal only when the law requires. I still abide by the laws of my country (like the bible says) but I feel I have the right to protect my family. I have never killed anything (that includes animals) and hope I never do but I have children and a wife so I protect them with all my tools as head of my house and household. God Bless