• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC West Allis

Canard

imported post

A run to Home Depot and a lengthy shopping trip at Target on the way to the range. Nothing to report...nearly normal day out.

ffemt1079

imported post

I OC'd at Home Depot in stallis a few days ago. Nothing happened for me either. I even talked with a few staff members regarding some of the products I was looking for.

You didnt have any issues at Target? The wife and I shop there often. I have OC'd at the Sentry next to it twice, no issues either time, even after talking with staff. I suppose you would be ok to OC there.

Canard

imported post

Yeah, Target was fine. I did seem to notice a couple of the patrons coincidentally down the same multiple isles as me talking quietly to one another. If I was sure they were talking about me I might have handed them a brochure.

What seemed like a manager obviously saw me carrying while I was in the checkout line but she never said anything to me.

Oh, yeah...I did go to Badger...stopped at Shooters first and was, for the second time, extremely disappointed in their attitude. I have been to MANY (not all mind you) gun shops and the guys at Badger have been the friendliest and most helpful, knowledgable guys to date.

ffemt1079

imported post

I practically live next to shooter shop. I still drive to badger instead. For the mostpart the prices are better, and the environment is friendlier. Of course it helps that I grew up with badger's owner and his brother. That helps with the atmosphere when shopping.

Archangel

imported post

Canard wrote:
Oh, yeah...I did go to Badger...stopped at Shooters first and was, for the second time, extremely disappointed in their attitude. I have been to MANY (not all mind you) gun shops and the guys at Badger have been the friendliest and most helpful, knowledgable guys to date.
Sad to hear this. I used to work at The Shooter's Shop years and years ago under the previous ownership. Was a great place to work and I think we had pretty good pricing.

I have heard and read many negative comments in the years since the original owner sold the business. What a pity. It's seems it's all about the money now and customer service is secondary.

I visited Wisconsin in July and was going to stop in, but ended up at Badger due to many unfavorable reports from friends of mine...

akito

imported post

when I went to badger when I first got my sw9ve to shoot I took my 19 year old buddy with me ( they would not let him shoot ) they said you have to be 21 to shoot a hand gun in WI ROFL . So we went to shooters , but when I picked up a extra mag from badger they where slightly cheaper and very friendly . Every one knows us by face at shooters now ( my buddy , wife, myself ) they don't even bother us about staying in the range longer then an hour lol .... but I would like to try out the range at badger one of these days . oh and we OC'd at walmart in franklin last night the younger guy at the sporting goods counter asked if I was a leo I said no he was like oh your just open carrying , yep would you like some info exe. so I gave him a flyer ..

XDFDE45

imported post

Glad that I am not the only one who has noticed the attitude at Shooter's. I bought my XD45 from Badger and they were really nice to deal with and answered all my questions. Most at Shooter's are okay but there are a few that seem like you are taking up there precious time by asking them about a certain gun and its features. A friend of mine went there once for something and after the attitude from one of the guys he swore he would never go there again. Shame because I live about 5 minutes from there.

Wisconsin Carry Inc. - Chairman

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

You didnt have any issues at Target? The wife and I shop there often. I have OC'd at the Sentry next to it twice, no issues either time, even after talking with staff. I suppose you would be ok to OC there.

I've OC'd in the West Allis HWY 100 Target, Home Depot, Pick n Save, Sentry, Sams Club, and Northern tool hundreds of times going back to the AG memo.

You shoul dahve no problems at any of them. The store manager at the Pick n Save and I have even spoken and he's aware of their corporate policy respecting state laws.

Carry on.