• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obamacare = Anti-Gun

Pagan

imported post

How could we let this happen! I mean since when can the governement force us to pay into a program we don't want to take part in? I mean how can they under penalty of law force us to pay for things we don't think we need?

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Doesn't social security fit into this type of program?

B

Bikenut

imported post

The Donkey wrote:
Juiced enough?

Well, they COULD sendour guns to the moon too -- that is if it were part of the legislation -- and had built a big enough rocket ship.

But its not. No gun stuff. No public option. No constitutional monstrosities. No rocket ship.

The right has us foaming at the mouth over a "self-executing rule" and a health care bill that is far more modest than the one Richard Nixon proposed.
I am very suspicious of the bill that Nancy Pelosi wants to use that self executing rule or "deem and pass" because... she herself said it was a way to get the bill passed and still protect the jobs of those who vote for the "rule" but could pretend voting for the "rule" wasn't voting for the "bill". The snide, arrogant, condescending tone of that bald faced lie insinuating that the American public is too stupid to understand that voting for the rule IS voting for the bill is insulting.

The same bill Nancy Pelosi said would have to be passed before anyone can find out what is in it?

We already know the current Progressive controlled government is prone to doing things under cover of darkness... with back room deals... with appointments of radicals... and with circumventing proper channels (no cap and trade? No problem... have the EPA do it)... why on earth would anyone simply "trust" that a 2000+ page health care bill would NOT have insidious Constitutional monstrosities intended to expand governmental control of much more than health care hidden in it?

Public option? Who needs it when the government program simply prices private firms out of business leaving the only option the "public" one anyway?

Guns? Who was it that tried to blame Mexico's problems on America's gun owners in an effort to control America's gun owners... not Mexico's problems? Does anyone think the agenda to control guns has suddenly gone away? Or that the health care bill would not include a way to control guns? 2000+ pages concerns just health care?

I'm not buying it for one second. I do not believe this bill has much to do with truly addressing health care but has everything to do with the government expanding it's control over every aspect of it's citizen's daily lives.

Sheesh! "Slaughter rule" or "self executing rule"... such appropriate names! If the "Slaughter rule" passes health care.. health care becomes rationed (think it won't? Add 30 million new folks but don't add more Doctors equals rationing of patients access to Doctors right there) and people will die for lack of timely access to needed meds, needed procedures, needed hospitals.... And.... if "we the people" allow this to happen then we "self executed" ourselves by a "rule"... used by our "rulers".

Rant "off".

nobama

imported post

Thats a fact. Its all about power. These people dont give a s%%t about our constitution, freedoms, liberties or anything else. The backlash shall be GREAT.

ohc177

imported post

House Republican attempt to stop "deem& pass", has failed unfortunately. House vote for Obamacarepushed back to Sunday 3/21/10.

Alexcabbie

imported post

ohc177 wrote:
House Republican attempt to stop "deem& pass", has failed unfortunately. House vote for Obamacarepushed back to Sunday 3/21/10.
The up side is that now the word has spread far and wide just exactly what this "deem and pass" business is. Even Jon Stewart - the host of the "Daily Show" and a libtard's libtard - is appalled at this vile subterfuge. He compared the DemonRat leadership to drug cartel members using Democrat members as "mules":

"We will put the Obamacare into condoms and put it into your rectum. Then when you get to the floor, we will give you a laxative and then everybody will have health care!!!"

The Ratz are so wrong and so arrogant that they are shocking even stalwart P.C. liberals.

And Senator Coburn gave a warning on the Senate floor to Democrat house members who may have been promised plum Federal jobs if their vote on this leads to their defeat in November, saying that they should remember that these appointments they have been promised must pass Senate muster, where there are Republicans waiting to hold up and deny these posts and who will loudly remind everyone that the post was a bribe fr their vote.

Word is also spreading that if this passes, the Infernal Revenooers will get a 33% increase in personell, in order to carry out their part in this of monitoring EVERYONE on a MONTHLY BASIS as to the status of their compiance with the "individual mandate". Virginia and several other states have already enacted legislation to forbid the Feds from foisting this off on their citizenry.

For their part, however, the Ratz are portraying themselves as the moral equivalent of the politicians who pushed through civil rights legislation back in the 60s. The diffference, of course, is that back in the 60s there was actually quite a few people who wanted that legislation to go through. And it didn't have to be snuck in through the "Demon Pass" either.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Due to so much importance Obama. Pelosi, and Reid have put into this monstrosity, I believe it is their equivalent to Hitler's "Enabling Act" of 1933. If they get away with this unconstitutional procedure, what's next. Will they cancel future elections?

This is tyranny in the making and it must not be left to stand.

I heard today that there are something like 20 or 30states that are already poised to file lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of this reform bill as well as how it is passed.

What I want to see is indictments against all that go along with Pelosi in the "Slaughter" scheme for violation of their oath to uphold and protect the US Constitution. Maybe even treason charges. Make theirlast speaking podium a gallows.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
Due to so much importance Obama. Pelosi, and Reid have put into this monstrosity, I believe it is their equivalent to Hitler's "Enabling Act" of 1933. If they get away with this unconstitutional procedure, what's next. Will they cancel future elections?

I heard today that there are something like 20 or 30states that are already poised to file lawsuits challenging the constitutionality of this reform bill as well as how it is passed.

What I want to see is indictments against all that go along with Pelosi in the "Slaughter" scheme for violation of their oath to uphold and protect the US Constitution. Maybe even treason charges. Make theirlast speaking podium a gallows.
Actually the official penalty for treason ranges from five year's imprisonment to death. Making it perhaps the widest sentencing discretion extant on the planet.

Sadly, the gallows is out. The United States Federal Government has only one option for capital punishment: lethal injection. This is true for all cases arising in the military, also. Personally I think there should be only two options for capital punishment nationwide: the gallows and the firing squad. And the choice should go to the jury, with the firing squad being the more honorable mode of death.

In any case, Pelosi and her gang are already engaged in a related activity that should achieve the desired result. It is known as the "Circular Firing Squad". Happy November in advance, DemonRatz.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Pagan wrote:
How could we let this happen! I mean since when can the governement force us to pay into a program we don't want to take part in? I mean how can they under penalty of law force us to pay for things we don't think we need?

Whoa Whoa Whoa! Doesn't social security fit into this type of program?
Perzackly. Social Security also was pedalled as an "insurance program"; but when Constitutional objections were raised, the Feds defended it as a "Tax on Income" authorized by the WAY OVERBROAD 16th Amendment. This too is a tax bill which originated i the House. See my homepage/blog for more.

The Donkey

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:

An atomic bomb exploding.

That's one of the visuals now being used in an attack ad against Democrats who support health care reform.

I'm surprised it took them this long to play the mushroom cloud card.

And Representative King calls the decision to vote on the bill on Sunday "offensive, heretical and an affront to God."

Wow: the devil, Hitler and nuclear annihilationall on the side of the Health Care bill. And, with the gallows looming in the background, between the US and Tyranny, a few bold state attorney generals standing bravely in their briefs.

Sweet Polly Purebread tied to the railroad tracks . . .with the Express bearing down.

Oh save us, somebody save us, please Underdog!