Thread: OC is important to me, but I am currently gunless.

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States

Post imported post

Hello everybody, it's me again. I wanted to talk about me and my current predicament. I recently sold my gun to my mother because she moved out of state, to an OC friendly state at least, and into the city. I wanted her to have a weapon for HD, and to carry in her truck. Was this a dumb move? Probably, but to me, my mom's safety is as important to me as my own and she didn't have the money to go out and buy a gun. There's also the fact that she hasn't lived in my state long enough to qualify for being a resident. I do still carry a can of mace and a knife. I feel kinda naked without a gun, but I won't have the funds for a new one for a while. Feel free to leave feedback and opinions on my actions.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

If money is tight, pass up on a few beers, cigarettes or eat Mac and Cheese for a while...buy something inexpensive rather than go unarmed.

A Hi-Point or even a Raven is better than a sharp stick....

Post imported post

Therein lies my first problem. I never find any Hi-Points or even Ravens for sale by private parties. Being under 21, I'm stuck with private party sales here in Louisiana. I have nothing against either of those guns either. If they were that big of a risk with kabooms, they probably would have gotten in trouble with somebody by now.

Regular Member Interceptor_Knight's Avatar

Post imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
    Therein lies my first problem. I never find any Hi-Points or even Ravens for sale by private parties. Being under 21, I'm stuck with private party sales here in Louisiana. I have nothing against either of those guns either. If they were that big of a risk with kabooms, they probably would have gotten in trouble with somebody by now.
    They simply do not kaboom at any significance frequency. That was never a complaint with either one....

Post imported post

Yeah. Every gun model of every kind has had a kaboom at some point. I was just stating what I've heard around this website and others. If I had the money and could find a Hi-Point for sale, I'd buy it then and there.