• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC is important to me, but I am currently gunless.

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

Hello everybody, it's me again. I wanted to talk about me and my current predicament. I recently sold my gun to my mother because she moved out of state, to an OC friendly state at least, and into the city. I wanted her to have a weapon for HD, and to carry in her truck. Was this a dumb move? Probably, but to me, my mom's safety is as important to me as my own and she didn't have the money to go out and buy a gun. There's also the fact that she hasn't lived in my state long enough to qualify for being a resident. I do still carry a can of mace and a knife. I feel kinda naked without a gun, but I won't have the funds for a new one for a while. Feel free to leave feedback and opinions on my actions.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

If money is tight, pass up on a few beers, cigarettes or eat Mac and Cheese for a while...buy something inexpensive rather than go unarmed.

A Hi-Point or even a Raven is better than a sharp stick....:dude:

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

Therein lies my first problem. I never find any Hi-Points or even Ravens for sale by private parties. Being under 21, I'm stuck with private party sales here in Louisiana. I have nothing against either of those guns either. If they were that big of a risk with kabooms, they probably would have gotten in trouble with somebody by now.

Interceptor_Knight

imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
Therein lies my first problem. I never find any Hi-Points or even Ravens for sale by private parties. Being under 21, I'm stuck with private party sales here in Louisiana. I have nothing against either of those guns either. If they were that big of a risk with kabooms, they probably would have gotten in trouble with somebody by now.
They simply do not kaboom at any significance frequency. That was never a complaint with either one....