Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Misinformed LEO, still?

Post imported post

So, I talked to a local LEO the other night, he told me to be careful about OCing, because (and he said this exactly) because of our Lansing OC event, he heard Mike Cox as AG is expected to somehow remove the ability of a CPL holder to OC. He said they are going to do this for "officer safety"

I politely told him that was the most absurd thing I have ever heard, and I would believe it when I see it.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

Post imported post

It's (as far as I know) not possible. It would take an act of the legislature to ban OC, not the AG, and even at that, the State Supreme Court would over turn it.
    Rand Paul 2016

Post imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
    So, I talked to a local LEO the other night, he told me to be careful about OCing, because (and he said this exactly) because of our Lansing OC event, he heard Mike Cox as AG is expected to somehow remove the ability of a CPL holder to OC. He said they are going to do this for "officer safety"

I politely told him that was the most absurd thing I have ever heard, and I would believe it when I see it.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?
    I for one can tell you this is total nonsense.

1.) An AG doesnt have the ability to create a brand new law out of thin air.

2.) Mike Cox supports open carry which is why I said it was total nonsense. Need proof come visit me at their campaign HQ office there next week while I'm OC'ing or at many of their events It's not a secrete I'm there either AG Cox , his wife and everyone from the campaign know my family well.

I'd like to follow up with the officer if you can give me any information I can try an clear up his confusion. I can also give him a direct number to the AG's assistant to explain it to him as well.

The fact that he's trying to spread this rumor is showing how desperate they are getting.

Mike

Post imported post

mike, I told him we have a member who volunteers a LOT for mike cox, talking about you of course, which is why I told him I would be absolutely astounded had it changed.

The officers name was Tom, and his contact info for his dept is

11904 E. Lennon Rd. Lennon MI 48449 (810) 621-4591

Post imported post

Do you know his last name? Are you sure there is only one Tom there?

Post imported post

there is only one Tom, his last name starts with an R.

Post imported post

OK great. I will try to get in touch with the officer and politely explain to him about OC and the AG

Post imported post

I knew Mikestilly would straighten this out.

Post imported post

I do detect speech from the toothless orifice!
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    im still not awake yet....actually that reminds me i have coffee made now...but i tried finding anything about this....nothing but "Mike Cox supports your 2nd amendment rights" lol....now....wheres my coffee cup?
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    im still not awake yet....actually that reminds me i have coffee made now...but i tried finding anything about this....nothing but "Mike Cox supports your 2nd amendment rights" lol....now....wheres my coffee cup?
    The toothless orifice is located in the hind end.... if that helps....
    Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."

Regular Member American Boy With a Gun's Avatar

Post imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
    American Boy With a Gun wrote:
    autosurgeon wrote:
    The toothless orifice is located in the hind end.... if that helps....
    LMAO....that made me laugh so hard i spit coffee everywhere...now i need a towel....lmao thats great...i shouldve known that
    "If ever a time should come, when vain and aspiring men shall possess the highest seats in Government, our country will stand in need of its experienced patriots to prevent its ruin." -- Samuel Adams, 1776

An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject

Post imported post

I don't believe any of the candidate's are for gun rights

Post imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
    Then you sir are uninformed.

Banned

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    Shhhhh we would'nt want people to think your being sarcastic.GO Mike GO! Hey Pat did you need some Bouchard yard signs when you come up here?

Post imported post

wardog6d wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    Shhhhh we would'nt want people to think your being sarcastic.GO Mike GO! Hey Pat did you need some Bouchard yard signs when you come up here?
    I was dead serious about that one.

I do not oppose Mike Cox.

I do not support Bouchard.

Post imported post

mikestilly wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:
    Mike please don't say things like that, you don't know me well enough. I know your campaigning for Cox so I have tried to stay out of this whole promoting Cox on M.O.C. But I've met Cox personally, as well as Rogers when Bush was running for his first term. It was a Dewitt NRA meet.
    They all said they were for 2nd Amendments. Now here we are 10 years later Cox is head Law enforcer/Top Attorney of the state, and when asked if he'd turn over his phone records from 2003, the all knowing States Attorney General says he can't remember who his provider was in 2003...Well no @#$% I probably couldn't either, but If can find it out!, the highest Attorney in the state sure in the hell can find out as well! What the hell kind of reply is that? leads people to believe he has something to hide.
    Beyond that here we are ten yrs later and the only real gun law progress that has been made for our benefit was accomplished by a pro gun sheriff pushing Shall Issue!
    I don't mean just Cox, but all of them, if there are that many who say they are for the 2nd, the supreme court would be repealing 99% of the gun laws. Here we are 2010 and we still have to ask permission to carry concealed, & what type of gun we can own. Bottom line I just see the Pro-Gun Pro-Life card as just that a Campaign slogan nothing more!

Post imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
    mikestilly wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:
    * Mike please don't say things like that, you don't know me well enough.* I know your campaigning for Cox so I have tried to stay out of this whole promoting Cox on M.O.C. But I've met Cox personally, as well as Rogers when Bush was running for his first term. It was a Dewitt NRA meet.
    * They all said they were for 2nd Amendments.* Now here we are 10 years later Cox is head Law enforcer/Top Attorney of the state, and when asked if he'd turn over his phone records from 2003, the all knowing States Attorney General says he can't remember who his provider was in 2003...Well no @#$% I probably couldn't either, but If can find it out!, the highest Attorney in the state sure in the hell can find out as well! What the hell kind of reply is that? leads people to believe he has something to hide.
    * Beyond that here we are ten yrs later and the only real gun law progress that has been made for our benefit was accomplished by a pro gun sheriff pushing Shall Issue!
    I don't mean just Cox, but all of them, if there are that many who say they are for the 2nd, the supreme court would be repealing 99% of the gun laws. Here we are 2010 and we still have to ask permission to carry concealed, & what type of gun we can own. Bottom line I just see the Pro-Gun Pro-Life card as just that a Campaign slogan nothing more!
    Geez phone records? Let's see Obama's phone records. I wouldnt give up my personal phone records and wouldnt give a F' who I pissed off. Some people will never be pleased and I can face that. You can be mad about anything you want but to say Mike Cox isnt for gun rights is just plain someone who's uninformed. Mike just happens to be the only cantidate with a pro 2A track record. Let me know if you'd like me to list stuff because I can do that for you.

Post imported post

I ain't mad, maybe cynical, but I've been in the political arena for quit a while. It's the same ole thing every election.

Phone records yeah your right, lets see Obama's, as well as his Medical, his school records, as well as his birth...some transparency, bottom line they're both Public officials in the running for office, if I, or the detroit free press, or even a lawyer trying a murder case want phone records in the form of a FOIA then they should produce it.

It's politics if they can't handle it then they should take a dive like Perot.

I don't need your list but thanks, believe it or not I can read, and listen to tv/radio reports.

Post imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
    mikestilly wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:
    Mike please don't say things like that, you don't know me well enough. I know your campaigning for Cox so I have tried to stay out of this whole promoting Cox on M.O.C. But I've met Cox personally, as well as Rogers when Bush was running for his first term. It was a Dewitt NRA meet.
    They all said they were for 2nd Amendments. Now here we are 10 years later Cox is head Law enforcer/Top Attorney of the state, and when asked if he'd turn over his phone records from 2003, the all knowing States Attorney General says he can't remember who his provider was in 2003...Well no @#$% I probably couldn't either, but If can find it out!, the highest Attorney in the state sure in the hell can find out as well! What the hell kind of reply is that? leads people to believe he has something to hide.
    Beyond that here we are ten yrs later and the only real gun law progress that has been made for our benefit was accomplished by a pro gun sheriff pushing Shall Issue!
    Shall issue in MI started in 2001.AG has made pro-gun opinions and the legislature has been passing pro-gun laws in the last 10 years.
    Today JESUS would tell me to sell my coat and buy two Springfield XD Compact 45acp's!

NRA LIFER,GOA,MOC Inc.,CLSD,MCRGO,UAW! MOLON LABE!!

Post imported post

Thanks to AG Cox our CPL reciprocity starting at 8 states is now accepted in 36 states.

Post imported post

Shall issue started with who?

Who was attorney general in 2001?

Reciprocity wow he got other states to recognize our state privilege!

Post imported post

CrossPistols wrote:

It has been very beneficial to some that don't stay in Michigan all the time.

As one that travels extensively, I am very cognizant of it's benefit.

Michigan's CPL is recognized by more states than any other state's permit.

Post imported post

CV67PAT wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:

I was hoping for the first two to be answered, and the last was sarcasm It should not be a privilege to CC. the 2nd says, shall not be infringed. Lol

Post imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
    CV67PAT wrote:
    CrossPistols wrote:
    Shall issue started with who?*

I was hoping for the first two to be answered, and the last was sarcasm It should not be a privilege to CC. the 2nd says, shall not be infringed.* Lol
    Shall issue started with citizens wanting it, and finally getting the legislature and governor to sign it into law, even though it did add a TON of restrictions over the old law.

Jenny Granholm was the AG in '01. And when states like TN first passed their reciprocity law, she refused to sign an agreement with them, which was stupid, since a TN permit was already recognized in MI. What she did was prevent MI residents from carrying in TN, since TN required a formal agreement to recognize out of state permits.

AG Cox, has actively sought out to get Michigans permit recognized in as many states as possible. In fact, EVERY state that recognizes permits from other states, recognizes a MI permit. MI is the ONLY state whose permit is recognized by all others that offer reciprocity.
    Rand Paul 2016

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast