• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Misinformed LEO, still?

kyleplusitunes

imported post

So, I talked to a local LEO the other night, he told me to be careful about OCing, because (and he said this exactly) because of our Lansing OC event, he heard Mike Cox as AG is expected to somehow remove the ability of a CPL holder to OC. He said they are going to do this for "officer safety"

I politely told him that was the most absurd thing I have ever heard, and I would believe it when I see it.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

Yooper

imported post

It's (as far as I know) not possible. It would take an act of the legislature to ban OC, not the AG, and even at that, the State Supreme Court would over turn it.

mikestilly

imported post

kyleplusitunes wrote:
So, I talked to a local LEO the other night, he told me to be careful about OCing, because (and he said this exactly) because of our Lansing OC event, he heard Mike Cox as AG is expected to somehow remove the ability of a CPL holder to OC. He said they are going to do this for "officer safety"

I politely told him that was the most absurd thing I have ever heard, and I would believe it when I see it.

Has anyone else heard anything like this?

I for one can tell you this is total nonsense.

1.) An AG doesnt have the ability to create a brand new law out of thin air.

2.) Mike Cox supports open carry which is why I said it was total nonsense. Need proof come visit me at their campaign HQ office there next week while I'm OC'ing or at many of their events :) It's not a secrete I'm there either AG Cox , his wife and everyone from the campaign know my family well.

I'd like to follow up with the officer if you can give me any information I can try an clear up his confusion. I can also give him a direct number to the AG's assistant to explain it to him as well.

The fact that he's trying to spread this rumor is showing how desperate they are getting. ;)

Mike

kyleplusitunes

imported post

mike, I told him we have a member who volunteers a LOT for mike cox, talking about you of course, which is why I told him I would be absolutely astounded had it changed.

The officers name was Tom, and his contact info for his dept is

11904 E. Lennon Rd. Lennon MI 48449 (810) 621-4591

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
I do detect speech from the toothless orifice! :lol:
im still not awake yet....actually that reminds me i have coffee made now...but i tried finding anything about this....nothing but "Mike Cox supports your 2nd amendment rights" lol....now....wheres my coffee cup?

autosurgeon

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
im still not awake yet....actually that reminds me i have coffee made now...but i tried finding anything about this....nothing but "Mike Cox supports your 2nd amendment rights" lol....now....wheres my coffee cup?
The toothless orifice is located in the hind end.... if that helps....

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

autosurgeon wrote:
American Boy With a Gun wrote:
autosurgeon wrote:
The toothless orifice is located in the hind end.... if that helps....
LMAO....that made me laugh so hard i spit coffee everywhere...now i need a towel....lmao thats great...i shouldve known that

G

imported post

wardog6d wrote:
CV67PAT wrote:
I knew Mikestilly would straighten this out.
Shhhhh we would'nt want people to think your being sarcastic.GO Mike GO! Hey Pat did you need some Bouchard yard signs when you come up here?
I was dead serious about that one.

I do not oppose Mike Cox.

I do not support Bouchard.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

mikestilly wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:
I don't believe any of the candidate's are for gun rights

Then you sir are uninformed.
Mike please don't say things like that, you don't know me well enough. I know your campaigning for Cox so I have tried to stay out of this whole promoting Cox on M.O.C. But I've met Cox personally, as well as Rogers when Bush was running for his first term. It was a Dewitt NRA meet.
They all said they were for 2nd Amendments. Now here we are 10 years later Cox is head Law enforcer/Top Attorney of the state, and when asked if he'd turn over his phone records from 2003, the all knowing States Attorney General says he can't remember who his provider was in 2003...Well no @#$% I probably couldn't either, but If can find it out!, the highest Attorney in the state sure in the hell can find out as well! What the hell kind of reply is that? leads people to believe he has something to hide.
Beyond that here we are ten yrs later and the only real gun law progress that has been made for our benefit was accomplished by a pro gun sheriff pushing Shall Issue!
I don't mean just Cox, but all of them, if there are that many who say they are for the 2nd, the supreme court would be repealing 99% of the gun laws. Here we are 2010 and we still have to ask permission to carry concealed, & what type of gun we can own. Bottom line I just see the Pro-Gun Pro-Life card as just that a Campaign slogan nothing more!

mikestilly

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:

Mike please don't say things like that, you don't know me well enough.  I know your campaigning for Cox so I have tried to stay out of this whole promoting Cox on M.O.C. But I've met Cox personally, as well as Rogers when Bush was running for his first term. It was a Dewitt NRA meet.
  They all said they were for 2nd Amendments.  Now here we are 10 years later Cox is head Law enforcer/Top Attorney of the state, and when asked if he'd turn over his phone records from 2003, the all knowing States Attorney General says he can't remember who his provider was in 2003...Well no @#$% I probably couldn't either, but If can find it out!, the highest Attorney in the state sure in the hell can find out as well! What the hell kind of reply is that? leads people to believe he has something to hide.
  Beyond that here we are ten yrs later and the only real gun law progress that has been made for our benefit was accomplished by a pro gun sheriff pushing Shall Issue!
I don't mean just Cox, but all of them, if there are that many who say they are for the 2nd, the supreme court would be repealing 99% of the gun laws. Here we are 2010 and we still have to ask permission to carry concealed, & what type of gun we can own. Bottom line I just see the Pro-Gun Pro-Life card as just that a Campaign slogan nothing more!

Geez phone records? Let's see Obama's phone records. I wouldnt give up my personal phone records and wouldnt give a F' who I pissed off. Some people will never be pleased and I can face that. You can be mad about anything you want but to say Mike Cox isnt for gun rights is just plain someone who's uninformed. Mike just happens to be the only cantidate with a pro 2A track record. Let me know if you'd like me to list stuff because I can do that for you.

jeremiahJohnson

imported post

I ain't mad, maybe cynical, but I've been in the political arena for quit a while. It's the same ole thing every election.

Phone records yeah your right, lets see Obama's, as well as his Medical, his school records, as well as his birth...some transparency, bottom line they're both Public officials in the running for office, if I, or the detroit free press, or even a lawyer trying a murder case want phone records in the form of a FOIA then they should produce it.

It's politics if they can't handle it then they should take a dive like Perot.

I don't need your list but thanks, believe it or not I can read, and listen to tv/radio reports.

:)

Haman J.T.

imported post

CrossPistols wrote:
mikestilly wrote:
CrossPistols wrote:

Mike please don't say things like that, you don't know me well enough. I know your campaigning for Cox so I have tried to stay out of this whole promoting Cox on M.O.C. But I've met Cox personally, as well as Rogers when Bush was running for his first term. It was a Dewitt NRA meet.
They all said they were for 2nd Amendments. Now here we are 10 years later Cox is head Law enforcer/Top Attorney of the state, and when asked if he'd turn over his phone records from 2003, the all knowing States Attorney General says he can't remember who his provider was in 2003...Well no @#$% I probably couldn't either, but If can find it out!, the highest Attorney in the state sure in the hell can find out as well! What the hell kind of reply is that? leads people to believe he has something to hide.
Shall issue in MI started in 2001.AG has made pro-gun opinions and the legislature has been passing pro-gun laws in the last 10 years.