• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man tries to rob jewelry (gun) store

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

I haven't seenthat of what you speak: Improvement in the gene pool. And there are LOTS (millions upon millions, to paraphrase Carl Sagan) of stupid people in the world, with more being born every day.

How do you entertain such optimism?

-- John D.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
I haven't seenthat of what you speak: Improvement in the gene pool. And there are LOTS (millions upon millions, to paraphrase Carl Sagan) of stupid people in the world, with more being born every day.

-- John D.

I can dream can't I?

Thething is, if it weren't for natural selection, we'd be much worse off.

Shovelhead

imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
An excellent example of how natural selection effectively culls out the stupid of the species, thereby improving the quality of the gene pool.
[align=center]
It's useless tomake something "Idiot-Proof".[/align]
[align=center]Nature keeps building better Idiots.[/align]

Huck

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:

-- John D.

This was forseen.

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly, is to fill the world with fools." Herbert Spencer, 1820-1903

thnycav

imported post

How could this happen the Police officer and the others where OCing that should have stopped it from the start.

By the way there is no such thing as idiot proof the best you can get is idiot resistant.

scorpio_vette

imported post

cloudcroft wrote:
I haven't seen that of what you speak: Improvement in the gene pool. And there are LOTS (millions upon millions, to paraphrase Carl Sagan) of stupid people in the world, with more being born every day.

-- John D.

the reason for that is because the government has suppressed natural selection and keeps protecting people from Darwinism.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

cloudcroft wrote:

-- John D.
You, sir, have just described my separation from humanity.

I harbor no optimism for that race, and even refuse to admit to being part of it...

There aren't enough bullets in the world to result in a majority of smart people.

noname762

imported post

thnycav wrote:
How could this happen the Police officer and the others where OCing that should have stopped it from the start.

By the way there is no such thing as idiot proof the best you can get is idiot resistant.
I heartily agree with the "idiot resistant" concept. Although in my experience even that is a real stretch. I can't say more in order to protect the confused 'near' idiots I've encountered.