• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

kel tec 380

posseman75

imported post

bought this gun with non firm holster . shoots beautiful, is extremely light weight, and a real joy to handle. has extended grip withtwo extra clips carried . real accurate gun with 47 out of 50 rounds hit target in kill zone at 9 yrds. ideal for security and personal protection.was wondering if anyone else has one and how they liked it??? i have a model 66 s & w with 4" barrel but it is so heavy and bulky it is no pleasure to carry or handle.

jeeper1

imported post

I have had one for a couple of years but stopped carrying it because I believe it is inadequate for self defense. Maybe as a back up to a back up but not as a primary self defense weapon.
Actually it's for sale.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I have the original Keltec P32. It has a clip to fit in the back pocket. It is a backup firearm. Or a deap concealed firearm. I have had this firearm for 10 years. Recently I realized I hadn't shot the little thing in two years or so, so yesterday I took it to the range. I also hadn't cleaned it in two years either. I performed flawlessly. I don't know if you can see the .32 rounds in the target. By the way I chose to point and shoot at 7 yards and did not use the sights.

IMG_0172.jpg

Mar12.jpg

FightingGlock19

imported post

I had one, for about 5 months. Sold it because I wouldn't trust my life to it. It was fine for the first 50, or so, rounds. After that? It was a jam-o-matic, if you will.

I've heard of others who send theirs pack to KelTec for some kind of feed ramp polishing deal & it's been fine for them after that.

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

I bought a P3AT a couple years ago. It is so small and light that you can easily forget you have it on you. I read that some people regarded the gun as a 50/50 risk-- a lot of guns were duds and prone to malfunctions, while others performed flawlessly. So far mine has performed with 100% reliability. I've used various FMJ rounds, Remington hollow points, and Winchester Silvertips. Mine shoots accurately to the point of aim.

It's ugly and looks cheap. The finish is rough, and isn't anything I'd care to shoot repeatedly for long periods because it isn't that comfortable to shoot. I last fired it a week ago in a session where I also fired 10mm and .44 magnum. The little .380 was the only one that made my hand feel sore afterward. The reason for that is that it has some sharp mold seams on the inside of the trigger guard that need to get smoothed down. The sample posted by gogodawgs looks like it has a better finish than mine so maybe they've improved the finish somewhat.

The sights are rudimentary, but for its intended use you probably wouldn't acquire a sight picture. It's an up close and personal gun.

Aesthetic appeal is not an important consideration. Reliability is. I regard it as a backup or deep cover gun, not as a primary weapon. I do not consider the .380 inadequate when used within reasonable limits. Wouldn't use it as a trail gun in bear country, but I'm confident it will make a bad guy's day take a turn for the worse when stuck in an ear canal or eye socket.