View Poll Results: What stance would South Park take?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro-2a

14 43.75%
  • neutral

11 34.38%
  • Anti-2a

7 21.88%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 500 AK47s please

Post imported post

I'm starting breakfast for my wife when accross the TV comes the new season of South Park. I listen for a moment to see if the new season will be anything worth watching.

When near the end I see the character: Cartman, say "ill take 500 ak47s please".

South Park likes to get political , so who knows how far the episode will go. But I'm curious too see if they will be anti gun, or neutral. If they decided to be pro firearm that would be a huge boost for raising awareness in high school teens on up. If they portay it in a bad/worse light then normal media, it could be detrimental in the long run.

[flash=480,400]http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:267339[/flash]

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I guess we'll have to wait and see when the episode comes out on the 17th. I don't normally catch this show, but I may need to make such an effort.

Post imported post

You can be fairly certain that it will more than likely offend both parties one way or the other.

Loved the Biker one from last season, it was dead on with both topics it took on. Loud obnoxious bikers and use of the word "***."

Post imported post

ABNinfantryman wrote:
    You can be fairly certain that it will more than likely offend both parties one way or the other.

Loved the Biker one from last season, it was dead on with both topics it took on. Loud obnoxious bikers and use of the word "wimp."
    That is a very good point, i never considered they would offend both parties involved, at least that's fair and unbiased, allowing people to make there own decisions.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Come to think of it, by now, Southpark has insulted just about everyone, I guess it is only natural that they move to insult pro and anti gun people.

They've hit everything else: blacks, whites, asians, persians, arabs, gay, straight, jewish, christians, muslims, atheists, creationist, intelligent design believers, evolutionist, Americans, Canadians, Al Gore, fat people, single parents, school teachers, police officers, TV stars, politicians, and people that liked the movie 300....

Post imported post

They tend to lean pretty libertarian, which is typically going to be pro gun. But no group is really free from being made fun off, so we'll see.

Post imported post

Well, they've already made fun of hunters.
    Rules for hunting.
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/149670
    It's coming right for us.
    http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/149674

I laughed again when I watched these....lol
    EDC=XDm40 16+1+16+16

RED DRAGONS!!!!

Post imported post

Don't forget Matt and Trey blasted Micheal Moore for taking their comments out of context in Bowling For Columbine.
    AUDE VIDE TACE

Post imported post

i have a feeling they're going to make fun of both sides but in the end, be more or less in favor of the 2nd Amendment.

Post imported post

I hope one of this season's episodes is about OC! I can see the plot line now- some of the gun guys in town start OCing, and a bunch of Bradyites descend on the town to protest, but their crap backfires when an OCer shoots Manbearpig as it rampages about town, finally shutting up Algore for good. At the end all adults are OCing, and the women have pink holsters and whatnot. The boys play pranks on the Brady protesters all throughout the episode, since the Bradyites are so stupid and gullible. Hmm this should be a 3 parter, like the Imaginationland trilogy...

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    I hope one of this season's episodes is about OC! I can see the plot line now- some of the gun guys in town start OCing, and a bunch of Bradyites descend on the town to protest, but their crap backfires when an OCer shoots Manbearpig as it rampages about town, finally shutting up Algore for good. At the end all adults are OCing, and the women have pink holsters and whatnot. The boys play pranks on the Brady protesters all throughout the episode, since the Bradyites are so stupid and gullible. Hmm this should be a 3 parter, like the Imaginationland trilogy...
    I might actually watch if they did that

Post imported post

Cartman ordering 500AKs? Bound to be an anti harangue.

Post imported post

old dog wrote:
    Or is he's planning another holocaust.

Post imported post

Nah, you've got Cartman all wrong. He's a philosopher, a scholar and an all-around warm human being.

Post imported post

ABNinfantryman wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    Maybe he is starting a mercenary army and he is going to be a warlord in some 3rd world country. Or he wants his own drug cartel for some banned candy.

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    ABNinfantryman wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    Maybe he is starting a mercenary army and he is going to be a warlord in some 3rd world country. Or he wants his own drug cartel for some banned candy.
    Cartman is by far my favorite person in the show, I am still laughing when they made fun of obama.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

Hey coyote, let's not forget the Mormons and the Scientologists or Butters' turn as a gentleman of leisure.

Post imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
    ABNinfantryman wrote:
    old dog wrote:
    Why not, he's already been a Somali pirate.

Post imported post

old dog wrote:
    I doubt that. Maybe if you can't think.

In 14 years Matt Stone and Trey Parker have yet to examine an issue in a way that didn't get right to the heart of it, with more truth than many care to admit.

South Park is probably the most libertarian thing on T.V.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

And all these years I thought South Park was some kind of crude, crass, obscene, pervert, foul-mouthed liberal "values" show. Now you say it's Libertarian "values." Wow. I can see now why don't care for Democrats or Libertarians in general (too many Republicans nowadays are a poor showing, too).

Either way, the equally depraved South Park writers haven't"gotten to the heart" of any topic they've covered (I mean insulted) and most of their episodes are so bad (obscene) they are unwatchable. Just another example of America's decline, reflected inthe crap that's on TV today (which also adds to the poor global opinion of Americans).

Gun related? I voted South Park is anti-gun/RKBA/2nd Amendment. All I've seen so far is the promotion ofthe liberal agenda and the ridiculing of the conservative.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

Screw those damn liberal-tarians!

:quirky

Edit: Sorry, I guess that language would be out of character for you, huh?

:quirky

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

In re the term 'liberal', I strongly recommend the Timothy Ferris book The Science of Liberty: Democracy, Reason and the Laws of Nature (Harper, 2010)

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I said nuetral, South park, much like family guy and redeye are mainly for entertainment purposes. And Family guy and Southpark seem to make fun of everybody without an apparent agenda, which is one of the reasons I like watching them. I don't have to get other peoples crap shoved in my face, with this stuff I can just sit back laugh n drink a beer after work.

Post imported post

BJA wrote:
    I said nuetral, South park, much like family guy and redeye are mainly for entertainment purposes. And Family guy and Southpark seem to make fun of everybody without an apparent agenda, which is one of the reasons I like watching them. I don't have to get other peoples crap shoved in my face, with this stuff I can just sit back laugh n drink a beer after work.
    I don't agree that family guy goes after everyone, its a extremely left leaning show to begin with. At least south park shows the stupidity of people on both sides.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

I don't see how either of these 2 shows -- let alone most of what's on American TV -- could be even remotely condsidered "entertainment." It's profane trash, and not at all funny.

Maybe it's just me, but I don'tbelieve thatmaking fun of others (meaning good decent people or true/good ideals/values) is in any way humorous, but as I say, it's probably just me.

Family Guy is a disgrace, too...but I don't want this thread to get even more OT so I'll say no more.

-- John D.
    (formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast