• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

500 AK47s please

What stance would South Park take?

• Pro-2a

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • neutral

• Anti-2a

• Total voters

BreakingTheMold

imported post

I'm starting breakfast for my wife when accross the TV comes the new season of South Park. I listen for a moment to see if the new season will be anything worth watching.

When near the end I see the character: Cartman, say "ill take 500 ak47s please".

South Park likes to get political , so who knows how far the episode will go. But I'm curious too see if they will be anti gun, or neutral. If they decided to be pro firearm that would be a huge boost for raising awareness in high school teens on up. If they portay it in a bad/worse light then normal media, it could be detrimental in the long run.

[flash=480,400]http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:cms:item:southparkstudios.com:267339[/flash]

ABNinfantryman

imported post

You can be fairly certain that it will more than likely offend both parties one way or the other.

Loved the Biker one from last season, it was dead on with both topics it took on. Loud obnoxious bikers and use of the word "fag."

BreakingTheMold

imported post

ABNinfantryman wrote:
You can be fairly certain that it will more than likely offend both parties one way or the other.

Loved the Biker one from last season, it was dead on with both topics it took on. Loud obnoxious bikers and use of the word "wimp."

That is a very good point, i never considered they would offend both parties involved, at least that's fair and unbiased, allowing people to make there own decisions.

tekshogun

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Come to think of it, by now, Southpark has insulted just about everyone, I guess it is only natural that they move to insult pro and anti gun people.

They've hit everything else: blacks, whites, asians, persians, arabs, gay, straight, jewish, christians, muslims, atheists, creationist, intelligent design believers, evolutionist, Americans, Canadians, Al Gore, fat people, single parents, school teachers, police officers, TV stars, politicians, and people that liked the movie 300....

:lol:

mpg9999

imported post

They tend to lean pretty libertarian, which is typically going to be pro gun. But no group is really free from being made fun off, so we'll see.

SavageOne

imported post

Don't forget Matt and Trey blasted Micheal Moore for taking their comments out of context in Bowling For Columbine.

XD40coyote

imported post

I hope one of this season's episodes is about OC! I can see the plot line now- some of the gun guys in town start OCing, and a bunch of Bradyites descend on the town to protest, but their crap backfires when an OCer shoots Manbearpig as it rampages about town, finally shutting up Algore for good. At the end all adults are OCing, and the women have pink holsters and whatnot. The boys play pranks on the Brady protesters all throughout the episode, since the Bradyites are so stupid and gullible. Hmm this should be a 3 parter, like the Imaginationland trilogy...

Theguy

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
I hope one of this season's episodes is about OC! I can see the plot line now- some of the gun guys in town start OCing, and a bunch of Bradyites descend on the town to protest, but their crap backfires when an OCer shoots Manbearpig as it rampages about town, finally shutting up Algore for good. At the end all adults are OCing, and the women have pink holsters and whatnot. The boys play pranks on the Brady protesters all throughout the episode, since the Bradyites are so stupid and gullible. Hmm this should be a 3 parter, like the Imaginationland trilogy...

I might actually watch if they did that

old dog

imported post

Nah, you've got Cartman all wrong. He's a philosopher, a scholar and an all-around warm human being.

zack991

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
ABNinfantryman wrote:
old dog wrote:
Cartman ordering 500AKs? Bound to be an anti harangue.
Or is he's planning another holocaust.
Maybe he is starting a mercenary army and he is going to be a warlord in some 3rd world country. Or he wants his own drug cartel for some banned candy.
Cartman is by far my favorite person in the show, I am still laughing when they made fun of obama.

old dog

imported post

Hey coyote, let's not forget the Mormons and the Scientologists or Butters' turn as a gentleman of leisure.

HalfFst73

imported post

XD40coyote wrote:
ABNinfantryman wrote:
old dog wrote:
Or is he's planning another holocaust.
Maybe he is starting a mercenary army and he is going to be a warlord in some 3rd world country. Or he wants his own drug cartel for some banned candy.
Why not, he's already been a Somali pirate.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

old dog wrote:
I doubt that. Maybe if you can't think.

In 14 years Matt Stone and Trey Parker have yet to examine an issue in a way that didn't get right to the heart of it, with more truth than many care to admit.

South Park is probably the most libertarian thing on T.V.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

And all these years I thought South Park was some kind of crude, crass, obscene, pervert, foul-mouthed liberal "values" show. Now you say it's Libertarian "values." Wow. I can see now why don't care for Democrats or Libertarians in general (too many Republicans nowadays are a poor showing, too).

Either way, the equally depraved South Park writers haven't"gotten to the heart" of any topic they've covered (I mean insulted) and most of their episodes are so bad (obscene) they are unwatchable. Just another example of America's decline, reflected inthe crap that's on TV today (which also adds to the poor global opinion of Americans).

Gun related? I voted South Park is anti-gun/RKBA/2nd Amendment. All I've seen so far is the promotion ofthe liberal agenda and the ridiculing of the conservative.

-- John D.